Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/31/18 – Let the Duck Boats Roll!

This topic contains 44 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Kingasaurus 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Let’s see… today I’m in charge of coordinating a meet-up of friends who’ve never been to a rolling rally (including some who have rarely been in Boston) at a spot along the route that I’m not sure they can find. Early word is BPD is expecting huge turnout. Steve Burton is looking for a football to toss to  David Price.

Should be a good day. Then home to siphon off the Halloween Candy into my secret stash.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Everyone must be at the parade.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Nobody writes narcissistic humblebrags worse than Pete King.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m not at the Parade ;-) I’m at work.

jforb
    Participant

Nobody writes narcissistic humblebrags worse than Pete King.

Could make this argument too.

Lebron
    Participant

At a conference was watching Game 4 replay in my hotel room last night.  Cora sending Devers on that Swihart ground ball saved that game.  Otherwise it’s a double play inning over up 5-4 and all things being equal a Kimbrel blown save in the bottom of the 9th series tied at 2.  Really resonated on re-viewing.

Suzy
    Participant

Annoyingly shrill, vacuous woman announcer is making my ears hurt. Fun to watch the parade on mute though.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Price decides to stay. Good for him.

With the NFL trades, nobody seems to factor in that both parties have to agree to deals for them to get done. It’s always why didn’t the Pats do the same deal? For all we know, the asking price gets jacked up if it’s the Patriots calling.

I wonder if teams shy from trading with the Pats for fear of looking bad. I thought Montgomery would be a good fit with his WR/RB versatility, for instance, but I can see the Packers being cautious about where they dump that controversy. Better he go to a non-contender than shining in prime time for a contender.

Lebron
    Participant

Any word on Kershaw yet?

Lebron
    Participant

Montgomery netted a 7th rounder, probably not many offers if any besides the Ravens.

No linebackers got moved, a position where he’s acted on before.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

With the NFL trades, nobody seems to factor in that both parties have to agree to deals for them to get done. It’s always why didn’t the Pats do the same deal? For all we know, the asking price gets jacked up if it’s the Patriots calling.

I wonder if teams shy from trading with the Pats for fear of looking bad. I thought Montgomery would be a good fit with his WR/RB versatility, for instance, but I can see the Packers being cautious about where they dump that controversy. Better he go to a non-contender than shining in prime time for a contender.

Montgomery was bitching about being taken out earlier in the Rams game in addition to screwing up a simple order. Doesn’t seem like a player Belichick would want.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Humphrey
    Participant

Someone asked about Barnicle yesterday. Yes he’s still on MSNBC; and, regardless of your political viewpoint, as punchable a face as you’ll see on TV.

Binnacle

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody from Maine involved in high school basketball know Mike Woodbury? He is in Florida now coaching some Christian high school and was caught threatening a player who intended to transfer.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

Someone asked about Barnicle yesterday. Yes he’s still on MSNBC; and, regardless of your political viewpoint, as punchable a face as you’ll see on TV.

BinnacleDonatella Versace here is like every other housewife in metro west.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Any word on Kershaw yet?

He has until 9pm. My guess is he opts in and stays. Just a gut guess though. Cant see the Dodgers giving him more years at this point which is sort of what he wanted. He’s set to make $70 million over the next 2 years. He’d be crazy to walk away from that unless he’s just done with LA and being blamed for everything. I’m expecting he and Roberts to start getting blamed for the poor Lakers start.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Are they lobbing cans of beer at the boats? What could go wrong.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Seriously this lady sucks. She’s screetching nonstop. She said its her first Sox parade and keeps getting names wrong. Jerry Rice? No, wrong sport. Our Rice is Jim. They should have gone outside the box and let BSMW cover the parade. “Here comes David Price who shoved it up the media’s ass this postseason…..”

jforb
    Participant

I had to mute it at the people probably want to see the Dropkick Murphys as much as the team comment.

I’ve been fooled on the “not a player Belichick would want” thing before. I thought Moss wasn’t a player he’d want (taken in by the bad conventional wisdom going round). I thought Gordon was a player he wouldn’t want (his next mistake would be his last, plus word was he didn’t love football).

He brought Tebow in. He gave Peterson a tryout. He sent scouts to Manziel’s pro day this past March. Haynesworth.

Point is there’s varying degrees of interest and investment, and ability can outshine past if the prospect can be got on the cheap. Montgomery has ability and could be got on the cheap.

Participant

What a dink.

LOS ANGELES — My parents went through their high school and college years during America’s Great Depression. My mom had seven siblings, my dad four, and there was never extra money for anything. They never felt financially secure.

They had what we all came to know as the “Depression Mentality,’’ and passed it on to their children. The message was: Take no risks and always say yes to a steady job. You never know when it might all go away.

This is how I explain my year-long skepticism about the 2018 Red Sox — the greatest Boston baseball club in history and now in the discussion with the 1927 Yankees and a handful of others as among the best ever.

I have the Depression Mentality about this franchise, and I believe it’s because of the times I grew up in.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Speaking of being fooled I’m wondering of the whole ‘Josh Gordon is being benched for being tardy’ was a ploy by the Pats to flush out leaks in the organization. No freaking way BB would let Gordon slide for being late to meetings short of some sort of ‘death in the family’ level excuse. The media was all over that while essentially ignoring the fact Hightower was out. Or maybe someobdy’s source was just fucking with them. :lol:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I’ve been fooled on the “not a player Belichick would want” thing before. I thought Moss wasn’t a player he’d want (taken in by the bad conventional wisdom going round). I thought Gordon was a player he wouldn’t want (his next mistake would be his last, plus word was he didn’t love football).

He brought Tebow in. He gave Peterson a tryout. He sent scouts to Manziel’s pro day this past March. Haynesworth.

Point is there’s varying degrees of interest and investment, and ability can outshine past if the prospect can be got on the cheap. Montgomery has ability and could be got on the cheap.

Montgomery’s problems were on the field and not an issue of perception. Plus, getting him in the middle of the season doesn’t give Belichick as much time.

My agenda is truth.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Back in the day I knew Bill wanted Moss. It was on WEEI one afternoon after Pete Sheppard asked him that long winded question that went nowhere about not liking Moss or trying to set up a play to cheapshot Moss.

Back in the day I knew Bill wanted Moss. It was on WEEI one afternoon after Pete Sheppard asked him that long winded question that went nowhere about not liking Moss or trying to set up a play to cheapshot Moss.

I forgot about that! Pete was so sure Belichick would agree that Moss wasn’t Patriot Way material. He said something like how Randy Moss would never be a Patriot,  and Belichick answered, “Why wouldn’t he?” Pete was speechless.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar