Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/9/2018 Daily Thread – Brocktober or Brock Star?

This topic contains 124 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 125 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Jamaal Charles? Yikes, still a better option than Mike Gillislee.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Kinsler and Nunez back in the lineup tonight. Holt hits for the first cycle in playoff history and is rewarded with a spot on the bench. Nunez will probably hit a grand slam tonight.

Feejis
    Participant

Makes sense. Kinsler hit .191 against LHP this year with a sub .500 OPS.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Kinsler may get heaved out by Angel Hernandez before his third at bat, the way those two (don’t) get along. He’d better be swinging.

Coma
    Participant

Kinsler and Nunez back in the lineup tonight. Holt hits for the first cycle in playoff history and is rewarded with a spot on the bench. Nunez will probably hit a grand slam tonight.

Is that ARROGANCE or HUBRIS?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Kinsler has 2 home runs against CC but they were back in 2007 and 2008 when he was an actual baseball player. I have no idea what he is now.  Even Bill James chimed in on Twitter saying how stupid hitter vs pitcher matchups are with such a small sample size. I’ve always believed you rode the hot hand regardless of the righty/lefty thing but what do I know.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

New unwritten rule:  if it’s so significant, write it the fuck down.

Fucking Darling. Fuck him and the horse Don Zimmer road in on.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So from listening to WFAN today, you had Yanks fans questioning Boone, saying that Severino was tipping his pitches, and lamenting that the small ball tactics that the Yanks spurn were used right kill then. What was missing? Talk of a 100 year old curse somehow popping up to smack down the Red Sox.

So grateful that’s dead and over with.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I guess some of the Yankees are saying “See you in Boston” in the clubhouse and Pedro just went off on the pregame show. Had to catch himself from saying “Play the fucking game first” and just said “play the game. Boston wins”. He was pissed. I love Pedro. The other guys on the set were like “I didn’t say it!”

BrianInLA
    Participant

Bases loaded for Kinsler. Of course.  Lets see those 2007 batter vs pitcher stats come through here.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Warning track power. Yay.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Kinsler and Nunez with 2 out RBIs.     Cora seems to have the Midas touch.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Turd Furguson.

jforb
    Participant

Don’t give him credit, blame the Yankees pitching for sucking.

Lefty

Only in baseball, Turd.  Sabermetrics be damned.

Yahtzee
    Participant

A cheapy!!

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Shawt Pawch!

BrianInLA
    Participant

Cora knows far more than I.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

“The Yankees suck Mike!”

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Billy Crystal is a jowly fuck.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Boy is that Judge athletic. He ran all the way to the wall to watch Vazquez homerun go over.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Turd Furguson.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Amazing how low Felger and Mazz need to sink to piss on a win. Holts cycle wasn’t legit according to them.

Good thing each of their wives don’t hold them to the same standard as they do to the local teams.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

40 pitches through 4.     Real encouraging start so far.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Local numb nuts on the radio here this afternoon were saying this is the Dodgers championship to lose. They know how to beat the Astros (not sure where this comes from since they lost to them last year and they’ve only added Machado who has sucked but for one game in the post season) and the Sox have “no one after Sale. If Sale goes down they suck”. I guess ignoring the 2 DL stints in the 2nd half as the Sox just kept on winning and the fact Sale can only pitch once every 4 or 5 games. I want them to roll the Dodgers 112-3 in a 4 game series.  For a team that hasn’t won anything since 1988 the locals sure seem to think otherwise.

Feejis
    Participant

Local numb nuts on the radio here this afternoon were saying this is the Dodgers championship to lose. They know how to beat the Astros (not sure where this comes from since they lost to them last year and they’ve only added Machado who has sucked but for one game in the post season) and the Sox have “no one after Sale. If Sale goes down they suck”. I guess ignoring the 2 DL stints in the 2nd half as the Sox just kept on winning and the fact Sale can only pitch once every 4 or 5 games. I want them to roll the Dodgers 112-3 in a 4 game series. For a team that hasn’t won anything since 1988 the locals sure seem to think otherwise.

Surprised me that they’ve won 6 straight division titals.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar