Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/15/15 Daily Thread

This topic contains 153 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 154 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Someone has to start it.

Participant

Shank Watch Link

Kevin
    Participant

Day Four of “Tom Brady has a scummy friend watch” on WEEI.

Let’s interview some guy who produced the infomercials and have Edgy Kirk roast him!

InThisTown
    Participant

The Simmons/Morning Zoo crossover was as bad as predicted.  Both sides were queefing their panties about Brady playing late in blowouts.  Bill said he didn’t fully appreciate Pedro when he was here.  Crying Zookeeper kept trying to prove his Boston sports bona fides and failing.  Bill complaining about the fellowship of the miserable and that’s why he started his blog. (right, those Jimy Williams hottakez were lighthearted japes) Then it was how great the Globe sports department of the 80s was and how Bob Ryan is the best writer ever and then we all jerked off to the Sears catalog.

Tommyfw
    Participant

Twitter is down? However will we survive without Bert providing life nuggets?

InThisTown
    Participant

Hold on.  Beep beep beep.

This person’s name is not actually “Joey Bats” it’s fucking Jose Bautista?  If an adult uses Joey Bats they should be beaten with one.

BSF34
    Participant

Day Four of “Tom Brady has a scummy friend watch” on WEEI. Let’s interview some guy who produced the infomercials and have Edgy Kirk roast him!

At first I though the lost ratings were because they were featuring Tanguay as a regular fill-in.

Wait, what?

Kevin
    Participant

The Simmons/Morning Zoo crossover was as bad as predicted. Both sides were queefing their panties about Brady playing late in blowouts. Bill said he didn’t fully appreciate Pedro when he was here. Crying Zookeeper kept trying to prove his Boston sports bona fides and failing. Bill complaining about the fellowship of the miserable and that’s why he started his blog. (right, those Jimy Williams hottakez were lighthearted japes) Then it was how great the Globe sports department of the 80s was and how Bob Ryan is the best writer ever and then we all jerked off to the Sears catalog.

Crying Fag Zookeeper is such a suckup. Ha ha ha, Gronk is stupid, ha ha ha, we’re irreverent just like you, Bill!

Tnough he did correctly say that no one cares about Brady’s Dr. Nick.

andrew
    Participant

Day Four of “Tom Brady has a scummy friend watch” on WEEI. Let’s interview some guy who produced the infomercials and have Edgy Kirk roast him!

What would happen if Brady decided to pull the plug on his weekly interview with Dennis and Callahan? It would probably mean that the relationship between Brady and Guerrero would get a little more attention nationwide, but so far no one outside of Boston seems to be giving it any thought.

The Simmons/Morning Zoo crossover was as bad as predicted. Both sides were queefing their panties about Brady playing late in blowouts. Bill said he didn’t fully appreciate Pedro when he was here. Crying Zookeeper kept trying to prove his Boston sports bona fides and failing. Bill complaining about the fellowship of the miserable and that’s why he started his blog. (right, those Jimy Williams hottakez were lighthearted japes) Then it was how great the Globe sports department of the 80s was and how Bob Ryan is the best writer ever and then we all jerked off to the Sears catalog.

Well I sure hope they got to fit in some wacky Atlanta stories with Bill.

Kevin
    Participant

Kid Gas word of the day is “esculent”. Then he tells Pete King how to use hoi polloi.

Bill Belichick has Ernie Adams and Brady has Guerrero.

Some will mock Brady for espousing his beliefs on what is esculent and what is not.

I applaud him for sharing his opinion and not worrying about alienating major corporations such as Coca-Cola and Kellogg.

As Brady pointed out, the food system in America is a paradox, as the healthiest diets are often the most costly, and thus not affordable for the processed-food-plied hoi polloi (raising my hand).

Tommyfw
    Participant

I have come to the conclusion that Gronk is Keyser Soze.  That guy is smart as hell and puts on his Verbal act in public so all the inch deep idiots only see that persona.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Participant

At first I though the lost ratings were because they were featuring Tanguay as a regular fill-in.

They don’t not what to do – they tried having Kirk get suspended multiple times, sent Dino to rehab, began taking down Brady trolls and they are still behind the zookeepers and a country station.

Kirk’s dynamic and edgy personality is not getting the attention he thinks it deserves – I urge you to get back on the smack again immediately.

It worked for Artie Lange.

LJSandwich
    Participant

Kirk, Gerry, and John have convinced themselves that ambushing and shouting down a guy on the phone is somehow saving the world.  Sadly, there are people in this world that applaud them for it on twitter and by calling in to their show.

Kevin
    Participant

Some guy tweeted at Chris Curtis asking if they’re ever going to talk football this week. He replied back something like “yeah, four hours of breaking down the running game. ”

Then the guy replied back, “Have you sent the ratings lately?” :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

Sam Adams passed away

His real name was Jim Koch. 

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I say the lack of sports knowledge you get 10 – 2 on WEEI is more damning than that of the zookeepers relative lack of sports knowledge.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Beaker
    Participant

Some guy tweeted at Chris Curtis asking if they’re ever going to talk football this week. He replied back something like “yeah, four hours of breaking down the running game. ” Then the guy replied back, “Have you sent the ratings lately?” :lol:

Always the go-to when asked why they don’t talk about the games. It’s either Spider 2 Y Banana or homo jokes. There really is no in between.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Kid Gas word of the day is “esculent”. Then he tells Pete King how to use hoi polloi.

Bill Belichick has Ernie Adams and Brady has Guerrero.

Some will mock Brady for espousing his beliefs on what is esculent and what is not.

I applaud him for sharing his opinion and not worrying about alienating major corporations such as Coca-Cola and Kellogg.

As Brady pointed out, the food system in America is a paradox, as the healthiest diets are often the most costly, and thus not affordable for the processed-food-plied hoi polloi (raising my hand).

that’s not a paradox

Handshakes
    Participant

Already plowed through half of Troy Brown book with mycrease that came out today. Reminds me why I gave him the nickname of “big play” Brown back in 96 and how upset I was before the game when I found out that he was inactive for SB XXXI knowing that he’d have done a thing or two…

The other thing that got me thinking while scanning it was how amazing a tell-all book by Belichick will be but won’t be happening.

Kevin
    Participant

Not only that, but looking up “esculent”, it basically means edible.

Gasper isn’t suggesting that Brady claimed that Frosted Flakes and Coca Cola are inedible, does he? As in the human body can’t process them?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Already plowed through half of Troy Brown book with mycrease that came out today. Reminds me why I gave him the nickname of “big play” Brown back in 96 and how upset I was before the game when I found out that he was inactive for SB XXXI knowing that he’d have done a thing or two… The other thing that got me thinking while scanning it was how amazing a tell-all book by Belichick will be but won’t be happening.

When he retires and if he was truly free to speak his mind, I’d like for Belichick to do a weekly podcast, actually.  It’d be amazing for him to be able to call bullshit on things on a weekly basis amongst the hour long dissections of the Navy option offense circa the 1950’s.

Kevin
    Participant

Already plowed through half of Troy Brown book with mycrease that came out today. Reminds me why I gave him the nickname of “big play” Brown back in 96 and how upset I was before the game when I found out that he was inactive for SB XXXI knowing that he’d have done a thing or two… The other thing that got me thinking while scanning it was how amazing a tell-all book by Belichick will be but won’t be happening.

When he retires and if he was truly free to speak his mind, I’d like for Belichick to do a weekly podcast, actually. It’d be amazing for him to be able to call bullshit on things on a weekly basis amongst the hour long dissections of the Navy option offense circa the 1950’s.

Titled “The Podface”?

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

Simmons was interesting on T&R. The trashing of the WEEI in the 90’s was spot on.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 154 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar