Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/18/2017 Daily Thread – Fucking gruesome leg injuries

This topic contains 76 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Get well Gordon.

Kevin
    Participant

Everyone goes with Joe Theismann as the grossest injury of all time.

I think Clint Malarchuk really gets a raw deal.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Kevin
    Participant

Following up on earlier convo here:

Sold my Pats tickets for the Falcons because I’m sitting with a friend for in his seats.

Time between “your tickets have been posted” and “your tickets are sold” emails was four minutes.

Gotta be some sort of ticket bot.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’m sick to my tum tum on this shit. What is the best case scenario? Brown and Tatum develop even faster with more early responsibility, Celts win 44 and get the 4 seed and Hayward comes back for playoffs?

I don’t want to talk about the worst.

InThisTown
    Participant

I don’t think there is a worst case scenario seeing as how there is apparently no vascular issues. Rookies don’t ever ever ever play like Jayson Tatum did last night.

Kevin
    Participant

I’m sick to my tum tum on this shit. What is the best case scenario? Brown and Tatum develop even faster with more early responsibility, Celts win 44 and get the 4 seed and Hayward comes back for playoffs?

I don’t want to talk about the worst.

Have you consulted with the Lahey Clinic doctor who works for a hyperlocal site and keeps getting retweeted by the salary cap guy?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Have you consulted with the Lahey Clinic doctor who works for a hyperlocal site and keeps getting retweeted by the salary cap guy?

https://i1.wp.com/i.ytimg.com/vi/lWcq8vr8AV0/hqdefault.jpg?w=730&ssl=1

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

https://i0.wp.com/i.ytimg.com/vi/lWcq8vr8AV0/hqdefault.jpg?ssl=1

Too soon?   :rollseyes:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Grande was brutal last night. Between the hushed tones and doom he was playing it up ala Jim Nance.

InThisTown
    Participant

N-a-n-t-z. For fuck’s sake.  :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

N-a-n-t-z. For fuck’s sake. 😆

If Nance is shorthand for Nancy Boy, I’ll allow it.

Participant

Did Grande throw in 800 “best player in the world” every time Bron-Bron touched the ball?

Kevin
    Participant

Did anyone read the Chris Price Patriots book?

I’m like a halfway through it, and somehow bored out of my skull. I don’t think I’ve read one thing I didnt know already, and there’s absolutely no flourish to his writing. This happened, and then this happened. And then later, that happened.

Obviously haven’t read his stuff since he went hyperlocal, but I thought he was better than this.

InThisTown
    Participant

Did anyone read the Chris Price Patriots book? I’m like a halfway through it, and somehow bored out of my skull. I don’t think I’ve read one thing I didnt know already, and there’s absolutely no flourish to his writing. This happened, and then this happened. And then later, that happened. Obviously haven’t read his stuff since he went hyperlocal, but I thought he was better than this.

I won’t even bother. Unless you have behind the scenes stuff in the moment (not a retelling) in a sports book about a season it’s nearly impossible for it to be good. Especially in 2017.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Is there any Patriots book half as good as Collision Low Crossers?

Maybe they could invite that author to shadow the Pats for a year as a contrast, but it’d probably be the one year that everything crashes.

InThisTown
    Participant

Holley’s book is pretty unremarkable but there is a ton of crazy shit in there that I can’t believe he was able to publish. Was the main reason I was (and am) convinced the Manziel scouting report was 100% real. It’s pretty great how much Bill hates Deathcat now.  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Holley’s book is pretty unremarkable but there is a ton of crazy shit in there that I can’t believe he was able to publish. Was the main reason I was (and am) convinced the Manziel scouting report was 100% real. It’s pretty great how much Bill hates him now. 😆

which book, War Room?

InThisTown
    Participant

Holley’s book is pretty unremarkable but there is a ton of crazy shit in there that I can’t believe he was able to publish. Was the main reason I was (and am) convinced the Manziel scouting report was 100% real. It’s pretty great how much Bill hates him now. 😆

which book, War Room?

No, Patriot Reign.  This is incredible.

I also love Bill asking Seymour if he “saw that shit” regarding the Panthers talking trash on the field before the start of 38. Bill recalls it was “Deon Grant and a couple of other assholes”

Brian
    Participant

Grande was brutal last night. Between the hushed tones and doom he was playing it up ala Jim Nance.

InThisTown
    Participant

Damn. 

NASCL
    Participant

Ernie Adams has a mighty long reach.

Our Patrick Pass last posted four months ago.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I guess they weren’t impressed by Pass dropping the ball untouched to clutch at his hamstring.

Coma
    Participant

“This is going to sound weird since it was a lot of expletives, but it was touching.”

That’s just great.

I thought Holley’s Belichick/Brady book was decent. Couldn’t believe it was the same useless asshole as on the radio. I think DHK is unlistenable, mostly due to Holley.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar