Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2015 Daily Title

This topic contains 229 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 230 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

A lot of coaches are proud of their shitty teams today.

rclane
    Participant

Pete King, professional writer:

Then we can ignore the Jerry Jones enabling, and the incessant wagon-covering by the Cowboys

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Also for the first time since the NFL has been televising its product, a game was streamed live on the internet.

The NFL used to stream everything on the internet back before they televised the games

I think the sooner we realize that Hardy is a member of the Dallas Cowboys only and absolutely only because he is a very good defensive end with rare pass-rush skills, the better off we’ll be.

We? Is there a person who a – knows what football is and b – doesn’t already know this?

My experiment with Bills-Jags on Yahoo, I suppose, was not unlike others in the United States with things to do on Sunday morning. In my Manhattan East Side apartment, I tried two devices, a laptop and a smart phone

Wait, he lives in Manhattan? Why hasn’t this been mentioned before.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Maybe he out-sourced his column this week to Breer.

I’m wondering if Belichick’s active-list choices for yesterday’s game were driven (in part) by the short week of prep leading to the Fish game on Thursday. Making sure his OL personnel would be able to go in two games over five days.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

the part where he lists Bills-Jags experiences from around the world really needs a Patrick from Andover De La Norte

slapping the clipboard in the coach’s hand threateningly

I’m thinking

“Slap” and “threateningly” should never be in the same sentence. But then again, this is Fatty King, who’s faced down many a menacing slap in his day.

whereispete
    Participant

It’s always fun when former bust Danny Amendola has a good game.

Kevin
    Participant

Big Jim Murray strangely keeps a bandana in his pocket that he takes out and bites on during tense parts of the game. :lol:

For all others, consider this: In his 14th full season as a starting quarterback, Brady, at 38, is having the kind of year he’s had only once before—in his 50-touchdown season of 2007. When he was 30. And when the Patriots were 16-0.

Gee, how about the time in 2010 when he was the first player to be voted MVP unanimously?

Kevin
    Participant

Ryan Mallett missed the team charter to Miami? :lol:

Man, he sucks.

Participant

Big Jim Murray strangely keeps a bandana in his pocket that he takes out and bites on during tense parts of the game. :lol:

TCF Pic and “Some prefer a pillow.”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Ryan Mallett missed the team charter to Miami? :lol: Man, he sucks.

I think you mean, ‘he’s such a slug.’

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lefty

“Kevin, did you see that catch Amendola made?”

“No, I was too busy watching Big Jim.  But, he did bite down extra hard on his bandana, so I knew something important was happening.  He furrows his brow when the play is bad, so since he only made a momentary blink of satisfaction, I knew the Pats did something good.”

“This morning, I had it put the lotion in the basket like a good boy.”

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Pete King, 10/26/2015

b. Folks online (Twitter, elsewhere) grousing they couldn’t watch the Buffalo-Jacksonville on their big screens. Stop. Just stop. Buffalo-Jacksonville, first of all. Second: It’s bonus football, in a specially created window because it’s a London game. Third: 95 percent of the complainers would never have watched this game anyway. So stop.

Pete King, 10/6/2014

Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Note of the Week
    Stayed at a Connecticut hotel Saturday night. Checked in around 6 and turned on the TV to watch the end of Alabama-Ole Miss. During a commercial, I flipped through the 50 channels to see how Nats-Giants was progressing. The TV didn’t have FOX Sports 1. No Nats-Giants then.
    After dinner I came back to the room. I didn’t want to miss Cards-Dodgers—not if it was going to be anything like the Friday night masterpiece, one of the best baseball games of the year. I flipped through the channels again. No MLB Network. There was HGTV, SyFy, OWN, WE TV, the Hallmark Movie Channel. But no baseball.
    Neither baseball playoff game was on my TV Saturday night. How can Major League Baseball put its showcase games on channels that don’t make the cut on a 50-channel cable system at a hotel?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“…over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots are 4-0 when at least 80 percent of their plays are dropbacks, while all other teams are 3-109 in that time.”

Wow

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

. The Bills’ inactive list for Sunday: the starting quarterback (Tyrod Taylor), two starting-caliber wideouts (Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin), one of the best defensive tackles in football (Kyle Williams), a starting offensive tackle (Seantrel Henderson), and an emerging running back (Karlos Williams).

Oh no! Not Twatkins and Pussy Harvin!

Listen to Belichick (and try to follow as he tends to ramble)

First of all, go fvck yourself

Second, go fvck yourself you cvnt

Third, anyone with an IQ over 70 would be able to follow Belichick’s statement

chicowalker
    Participant

Borrowed that Marty.  I’ll get banned from that comment section yet!

Greek Freak
    Participant

The karma tour continues.

“All 12 of (the Patriots’) balls having something wrong with them does tell you something is amiss,” Mangold said, referring to the NFL’s findings following New England’s 45-7 destruction of the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC <span style=”color: #68ae3e;”><span class=”kLink”>Championship </span><span class=”kLink”>game</span></span> on Jan. 18. “It does seem like it’s always something with the Patriots. It does seem that way.”

Fuck you Mangold.   Enjoy eating from a straw.

Lefty

“…over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots are 4-0 when at least 80 percent of their plays are dropbacks, while all other teams are 3-109 in that time.”

Wow

I am going to guess most of the other teams reach that drop back ratio because they are getting the crap kicked out of them and are throwing out of panicked necessity.

The Pats plan to do it when they do it, so it is more of a game plan than a reaction.

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

D&C promoting that Brady is 8-1 on Thursday Night games. I don’t why that matters this Thursday when three were season openers, and the rest were vs Detroit and the Jets, and I don’t remember him losing.

Kevin
    Participant

That’s great.

Keep up the good work, Men of Goodell! Get your house in order, Major League Baseball!

Wow

That’s like eleventy STANDARD DEVIATIONS!!

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

Borrowed that Marty. I’ll get banned from that comment section yet!

The whining about his hotel not having baseball on tv? They’ll claim it’s not the same because those were playoff games, not “Bills-Jags”. NFL games draw three times the audience of baseball playoff games.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

The board is pretty far ahead of the general public and media on all things conventional wisdom, but the examples of this week are even more glaring.

Media: This Jets team is for real.

Board for the last 5 years: Jets are a division game and always play the Patriots tough.

Media: Dolphins are going to be a real challenge for the Pats now that Coach Hardo is running OK drills.

Board for the last 5 years: Dolphins are a division rival and always play the Patriots tough.

Media: Brady really showing you don’t need to run to be successful.

Board for last 5 years:  You don’t need to run ever.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Going to Cs-Spurs Sunday.   Kids 1st game. I am guessing we make it through the 1st half

Participant

The karma tour continues.

“All 12 of (the Patriots’) balls having something wrong with them does tell you something is amiss,” Mangold said, referring to the NFL’s findings following New England’s 45-7 destruction of the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC <span style=”color: #68ae3e;”><span class=”kLink”>Championship </span><span class=”kLink”>game</span></span> on Jan. 18. “It does seem like it’s always something with the Patriots. It does seem that way.”

Fuck you Mangold. Enjoy eating from a straw.

Hightower ran right the fvck over him on one play.

Participant

Magician Beard’s big end zone target worked out well yesterday and justified the week long shoe peeing festival.

Brady’s on with those 3 morons now.

Kevin
    Participant

The board is pretty far ahead of the general public and media on all things conventional wisdom, but the examples of this week are even more glaring.

Media: This Jets team is for real.

Board for the last 5 years: Jets are a division game and always play the Patriots tough.

Media: Dolphins are going to be a real challenge for the Pats now that Coach Hardo is running OK drills.

Board for the last 5 years: Dolphins are a division rival and always play the Patriots tough.

Media: Brady really showing you don’t need to run to be successful.

Board for last 5 years: You don’t need to run ever.

Media: Well, maybe Rex Ryan is just a blowhard who’s not so great of a coach.

Board: Hey, where you been man?

NASCL
    Participant

Board for last 5 years: You don’t need to run ever.

No wonder Scott left.

Anonymous

. The Bills’ inactive list for Sunday: the starting quarterback (Tyrod Taylor), two starting-caliber wideouts (Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin), one of the best defensive tackles in football (Kyle Williams), a starting offensive tackle (Seantrel Henderson), and an emerging running back (Karlos Williams).

Oh no! Not Twatkins and Pussy Harvin!

Listen to Belichick (and try to follow as he tends to ramble)

First of all, go fvck yourself Second, go fvck yourself you cvnt Third, anyone with an IQ over 70 would be able to follow Belichick’s statement

I liked this:

Media: Belichick never talks!  Never Says Anything!

Media: Belichick talks too much! He rambles!

chicowalker
    Participant

so, did the #RIPFlip hashtag take? :blink::dry:

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I loved Mallett’s excuse:

“I just got caught in traffic,” Mallett said following a 44-26 defeat to the Dolphins. “Got to be on time. It’s not the leadership role that I need to exhibit. So, I have to be better.”

When asked why he’s repeatedly late to team activities, Mallett replied: “It only happened twice.”

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Colts first round draft pick Phillip Dorsett out 6 weeks with a broken ankle. Druggie Jim Irsay and GM Ryan Grigson observed in heated conversation in locker room after loss.

Karma.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I think I have Mallett down as the greatest miss in terms of team character evaluation in the Belichick era, and that’s even considering Aaron Hernandez was drafted by the team.  At least the murderer hid his crazy for a while and played good football.  Mallett seems to be just a useless turd from beginning to end.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Ironically that post seems to have killed the board.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Fouts had a go-to-break asshole comment about how spiking the ball might have let some of the air out.  These little jabs are now barely making a dent with me as I watch the Colts and Ravens fall apart in a schadenfreude tsunami.  Grigson and Pagano will be less employed by an NFL team than Dorito Dink by the end of the year and Brother John will be watching the Pats playoff run from the cushy chair of a guest commentator on NBC.

Thus far it’s been a very satisfying season.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I think I have Mallett down as the greatest miss in terms of team character evaluation in the Belichick era, and that’s even considering Aaron Hernandez was drafted by the team. At least the murderer hid his crazy for a while and played good football. Mallett seems to be just a useless turd from beginning to end.

Chad Jackson was a big whiff and the highest pick.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Was Chad Jackson a character problem, or just a guy who couldn’t play at the next level? I don’t remember.

Fouts had a go-to-break asshole comment about how spiking the ball might have let some of the air out. These little jabs are now barely making a dent with me as I watch the Colts and Ravens fall apart in a schadenfreude tsunami. Grigson and Pagano will be less employed by an NFL team than Dorito Dink by the end of the year and Brother John will be watching the Pats playoff run from the cushy chair of a guest commentator on NBC. Thus far it’s been a very satisfying season.

When Brady scrambled for a first down, Fouts and Eagle were marveling at the unlikely feat. Eagle jokingly said, “He’s a cheetah!”, which made my daughter laugh. In hindsight, was this another deflategate jab?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Was Chad Jackson a character problem, or just a guy who couldn’t play at the next level? I don’t remember.

I think the book on him was that he was epically lazy. Still I think that’s better than Mallett in terms of a teammate, who seems out of control.

Kevin
    Participant

We haven’t restarted the Good & Services thread?

Anyway, if you want two tix to see Coach Hardo Thursday night at face value, PM me.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I picture the Patriots karma looking like Gisele dressed as a Valkyrie wielding a warhammer for some reason.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Patrick Pass
    Participant

The Brits cheat!!!! Or maybe the Bills cheat themselves! Or something. Its always an issue over there! The Luftwaffe had the same issue there in 1940.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/rex_ryan_ej_manuel_complain_about_wembley_stadium_headsets_but_issue_was_reporte.html

GusChiggins
    Participant

I can’t believe that the head writer of a major but micro football website insults his readers for being upset they couldn’t watch a game in their preferred way. That ‘so stop’ is just so out of touch it’s staggering. What a dick.

Participant

Coach Hardo will come to your house and make you do Oklahoma drills.   :dry:

jforb
    Participant

I picture the Patriots karma looking like Gisele dressed as a Valkyrie wielding a warhammer for some reason.

What Kate Upton wears in those stupid game commercials.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I think the book on him was that he was epically lazy. Still I think that’s better than Mallett in terms of a teammate, who seems out of control.

Didn’t he get drunk at a team function and piss on a limo? I thought that there were some stories out there that he was a duck up.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

Didn’t he get drunk at a team function and piss on a limo? I thought that there were some stories out there that he was a duck up.

Wasn’t that Terry Glenn who did that?

Lebron
    Participant

Media reinforces how prehistoric they are when they talk about watching the games on phones and tablets and how it was a ‘different’ experience like watching the Jets/Dolphins with no announcers in the early ’80s.  Apple TV/Chromecast//Roku/Smart tvs/Blu Ray players any one of those and you’re watching on your tv same as it ever was.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar