Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2017 Daily Thread "That's a Home Run!"

This topic contains 75 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Kingasaurus 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 51 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Please let them hire Dusty Baker

A very small part of me wants them to hire Farrell and him have a Joe Torre like run in NY to stick it to the #FireFarrell crowd. I’m really hoping that they lose some key guys due to retirement or free agency because those players really liked Girardi and the new manager makes a mess of things.

OMF attacking Mort’s denial of his Deflategate role. Even though they’re on the right side of the debate, they’re still missing the point. The major damage everybody forgets is in those first three press conferences. The entire media took it on faith that Mort’s numbers were fact,  and subsequently treated Belichick and Brady like suspects in their press conferences. This is what led to characterizations of Belichick “throwing Brady under the bus” and of Brady being “evasive”. They’d parse Brady’s words to derive more meaning than t they actually had. Aha, so Brady says he “thinks” he tries to follow all the rules. So he doesn’t know for sure! This means he might have broken a rule and now is just being careful when talking to the press!

Because of Mort’s tweet they already accepted as fact that a crime had been committed, and the press conferences were just exercises in sorting who was to blame.

For Mort to shirk any responsibility for that is just shameless, but then we already knew that about Mort long before Deflategate.

Lefty

Even when you think Rex Ryan might shut up, he can’t:

“With Sanchez, I knew he wasn’t going to be a franchise quarterback, but I thought he’d be good enough to win with,” Ryan said. “. . . With Sanchez, we just couldn’t have it anymore. The boneheaded interceptions, especially in the red zone, it was mind boggling. Unfortunately, Mark never really got better. I think that was the disappointing thing to me.”

Once the Jets drafted Smith as Sanchez’s replacement, Ryan says, G.M. John Idzik didn’t put the right pieces around Smith — and Smith didn’t make himself get better.

“I don’t think we helped Geno by any stretch of the imagination,” Ryan said. “We never added anything that could help him. And he didn’t help himself, either. It was that combination.”

So, that’s why Rexy got a tattoo of Sanchez, because he thought he sucked.   And, it’s so sad that neither of these guys had someone who might help them grow or develop,……what’s that term?  Oh, yeah, a COACH.

He is such a piece of shit.

Kevin
    Participant

Shadow Roster time:

Feejis
    Participant

Hey I was just talking about that guy!

Kevin
    Participant

Yesterday during the D&H Mort discussion, Dick Teeth tried to say that Deflategate is old news by saying that current players never talk about cheating anymore.

Didn’t Mike Tomlin complain about his headset malfunctioning like two years ago?

Coma
    Participant

OMF attacking Mort’s denial of his Deflategate role. Even though they’re on the right side of the debate, they’re still missing the point. The major damage everybody forgets is in those first three press conferences. The entire media took it on faith that Mort’s numbers were fact, and subsequently treated Belichick and Brady like suspects in their press conferences. This is what led to characterizations of Belichick “throwing Brady under the bus” and of Brady being “evasive”. They’d parse Brady’s words to derive more meaning than t they actually had. Aha, so Brady says he “thinks” he tries to follow all the rules. So he doesn’t know for sure! This means he might have broken a rule and now is just being careful when talking to the press! Because of Mort’s tweet they already accepted as fact that a crime had been committed, and the press conferences were just exercises in sorting who was to blame. For Mort to shirk any responsibility for that is just shameless, but then we already knew that about Mort long before Deflategate.

The silver lining is that Brady and Belichick’s schedules were clear at the time and didn’t have much else going on at the time of the press conferences…Oh, wait, they were taking time out of their Super Bowl preparation to address this BS.

I had forgotten about this during the discussion yesterday, but the NFL created a distraction for one of the teams in their championship game. It’s amazing that these moronic conspiracy theorists like Bara and O’Leary (RIP) believe all these crazy conspiracies, but can’t see that one.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I usually drink (a lot) during games but I recall Ayers being pretty good back in 2014.

Coma
    Participant

Yesterday during the D&H Mort discussion, Dick Teeth tried to say that Deflategate is old news by saying that current players never talk about cheating anymore. Didn’t Mike Tomlin complain about his headset malfunctioning like two years ago?

Some NYJ exec hassled some Patriots personnel on the sideline and the Jets demanded the league sweep the locker room for bugs within the same timeframe. Patriots fans need to just let it go, though. It’s old news, no one brings it up anymore. :rollseyes:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Is Jm J Bullock still the go to for the highest gay-osity? I would suggest that Milo character might be the gay gold standard for a new generation. Or possibly Mario Cantone for a transitional period.

Somewhere off-camera, Mike Giardi has a case of the sniffles.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Let’s see …. it’s an off day for theDodgers and Astros and there are no ESPN studios in Houston. Before he shows up for his remote uplink to MLB Network, does Shank turn his attention to Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett or Josh Reddick? And where the hell is “LA has  /  Houston has ” gone to? He can do a “groper’ pairing with James Toback and George H.W. Bush. It’d be gold, Danny. GOLD!

Suzy
    Participant

Even when you think Rex Ryan might shut up, he can’t: “With Sanchez, I knew he wasn’t going to be a franchise quarterback, but I thought he’d be good enough to win with,” Ryan said. “. . . With Sanchez, we just couldn’t have it anymore. The boneheaded interceptions, especially in the red zone, it was mind boggling. Unfortunately, Mark never really got better. I think that was the disappointing thing to me.” Once the Jets drafted Smith as Sanchez’s replacement, Ryan says, G.M. John Idzik didn’t put the right pieces around Smith — and Smith didn’t make himself get better. “I don’t think we helped Geno by any stretch of the imagination,” Ryan said. “We never added anything that could help him. And he didn’t help himself, either. It was that combination.” So, that’s why Rexy got a tattoo of Sanchez, because he thought he sucked. And, it’s so sad that neither of these guys had someone who might help them grow or develop,……what’s that term? Oh, yeah, a COACH. He is such a piece of shit.

He really is. What an asshole. Such a shitty way to talk about your players, even ex-players. No class.

But BB is the rude, nasty one.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d have to dig it up but I swear Rex talked about Tanny and him seeing Sanchez work out and deciding to trade up for him.  Which of course you always do when you think a guy isn’t a ‘franchise’ guy.  Hell I’m sure Rex was calling him Sanchise.  I hope Drunken Elway is taking notes for his eventual explanation for Paxton Lynch

Lebron
    Participant

What a piece of shit:

Ryan said he was sold on Sanchez at his private workout in Mission Viejo, Calif., not far from where the NFL owners’ meetings were taking place. After the field work, they snuck him through a back door at the league’s posh hotel in Dana Point, where the Jets rented a suite and quizzed Sanchez in a chalk-talk session.

“We saw the great feet, we saw the poise and how confident he was,” said Ryan, recalling the workout at Sanchez’s old high school. “Brian put him through every route known to man and he passed every throw with flying colors. We knew right then this is the guy we wanted.”

InThisTown
    Participant

His about his hand picked fullback “Term?”  :dry:

“We saw the great feet”

Hence the tattoo.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Anyone else here Dick Teef get uncomfortable when confronted with his DFG truther horseshit? Wish they stayed on that

Lebron
    Participant

Or when Rex and Tanny were Schmitt’s Gaying each other over Santonio Holmes.  Who made that trade!  Who made that trade!  That’s my guy!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Selling-his-Soul-to-the-Douchebag Dept.:  Former Red Sox 3B/infield coach and Orono’s Own Brian Butterfield signs on as a coach under Genius Joe and the Chicago Cubs. (Chili Davis does the same.)

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Chili Davis is lucky to be in fucking baseball. We saw him as a guy who could sit his fat ass on the fucking bench and maybe crack a joke with 2 men on in the bottom of the fucking ninth.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Yesterday during the D&H Mort discussion, Dick Teeth tried to say that Deflategate is old news by saying that current players never talk about cheating anymore. Didn’t Mike Tomlin complain about his headset malfunctioning like two years ago?

You have to go all the way back to Sunday’s post game/Monday morning to when Julio Jones was insinuating the team induced a fog bank to roll in by shooting fireworks.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If I hate-watch tonight, I suppose I root for (1) injuries for both sides, and (2) Jumpball Joe.

Kevin
    Participant

You have to go all the way back to Sunday’s post game/Monday morning to when Julio Jones was insinuating the team induced a fog bank to roll in by shooting fireworks. :dry:

I wonder how they shut the fog off when the team is on offense?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Miami’s offense looks as dead as Julius Caesar.

jforb
    Participant

If I hate-watch tonight, I suppose I root for (1) injuries for both sides, and (2) Jumpball Joe.

Almost there.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Do you have to be particularly dumb to be hired to work overnight radio, or do you become dumber while working it?

While channel flipping and within the span of two minutes, I heard vapid Amy Lawrence say “we can debate this 12 ways to Sunday”, and then I heard dummy Amani Toomer say that “Ohio State has been scoring points by the droves.”

:blink: :dry:

Viewing 26 posts - 51 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar