Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2017 Daily Thread "That's a Home Run!"

This topic contains 75 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Kingasaurus 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

Schefter says still not conclusive High is DUN for the year and he is going to see Dr Andrews.

Hightower should talk to Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs. He’ll be back before Thanksgiving.

InThisTown
    Participant

Schefter says still not conclusive High is DUN for the year and he is going to see Dr Andrews.

Hightower should talk to Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs. He’ll be back before Thanksgiving.

Cough

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Is there still enough time to IR Hightower and have him come back this year? It seems like McCellin is going to come back that would leave 1 more option. I assume that he’d have to come back before the regular season ended. Probably wishful thinking anyway.

Suzy
    Participant

Can Wallach catch a horrible disease soon? Annoying, pathetic, useless.

He’s basically Zerowalls.

Another guy I wish death on. Seems to be a pattern.

Yes. They’re all still alive. Your powers are not where we want them to be.

Wherever the power lies, it must be used for the greatest good (i.e., death to Fatty).  :pk:

Lebron
    Participant

Bert

I know one team found that he had, at that point — and this is seven months ago now — had a 55 percent torn pec then.

Not quite 56, a hair more than 54…

Participant

Al’s the best – he didn’t want to burden anyone with that information at the time…..

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Reading Forsbergs article from today. I love that Stevens voicemail still has Doc Rivers’ outgoing message on it :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Hi FWL Looks like I missed a good game last night. https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The game was awesome. The two best teams in baseball + all kinds of weird shit. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

So happy not to be listening to the announcers drone on about the Yankees (who btw just fired Girardi) and their dynasty and class and history blah blah.  :puke:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Bank of America is an official sponsor of MLB. Prospect Productions http://prospectproduction.com/about/ does some work for MLB networks. It really is a small world Danny.

“Annie and I were eating a couple of burgers at the rest stop when this scraggly hippie-looking guy sidles over. I bunch my left fist up (pretty much wrecked the right one helping Globe Great Willie McD in a scrape a decade or so ago) thinking I might have to do my White Knight thing again. “But instead, they give each other a hug. Annie introduces him as Kenny Burns, and the guy looked like he may have been a grunt in the Civil War, to my eyes. He’s saying to Annie, “Thank you, thank you for Bank of America’s support” about some new talkie he’s just started. “Annie gives him a grin and wrinkles her nose like that gal on ‘Bewitched’ and says, ‘This is my husband, Mike Barnicle. He’s a big fan!’ “Just as I was about to signal Annie that I thought that Civil War thing wasn’t half as much fun as any episode of ‘Mannix,’ she continues, ‘… of baseball.’ Next thing you know, I’m on camera for Kennie B, happy to share my experience and perspective. What can I say? The man can recognize talent. It was all nice and clean, like a Yaz double off the Monster. I hate it when I have to open doors for Annie, but it’s what a man’s man has to do.”

😆 I admit that I watched Burns’ opus on the Vietnam War only until 1969, but I was stunned that he didn’t interview Vietnam-veteran-and-everyman Mike Barnicle and get his cogent remembrances and insights. Or maybe he did interview the Plagiarist and all the footage was left on the editing room floor.

If that happened…..I would hire Rick Monday to use his head for batting practice.

edit: Last Days of Vietnam is good watch. Really shows the struggle our troops had leaving.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I don’t know what Doc would say on his VM greeting but I’d bet a sawbuck it starts with a hoarse “Hey!  listen up!”

jforb
    Participant

InThisTown
    Participant

I don’t know what Doc would say on his VM greeting but I’d bet a sawbuck it starts with a hoarse “Hey! listen up!”

Every Doc mic’d up segment:

HEYYYYYY

HEYYYYY

YOU GOTTA TRUST EACH OTHER. WE’RE NOT GETTING GOOD SHOTS BECAUSE WE’RE NOT PLAYING TOGETHER

Participant

I don’t know what Doc would say on his VM greeting but I’d bet a sawbuck it starts with a hoarse “Hey! listen up!”

“You’ve reached Doc, rebuilding is very hard, leave a message at the beep.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I don’t see any decent list yet on who Girardi’s replacement might be.

I suspect that, behind the scenes, Fox Sports is lobbying Rob Manfred to allow Captain Calm Eyes to simultaneously serve as co-owner of the Marlins and manager of the Yankees.  “If anyone can do it, a man who uniquely possesses both infinite integrity and capacity like Jeter can!”

:lol:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Canadian Soldier. Reason: Fucking autocorrect

BrianInLA
    Participant

Not a Yankee fan by any stretch but wasn’t this supposed to be a “rebuilding year” for them? You fire the guy for overachieving but not overachieving enough?

Either way, F-em.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I don’t see any decent list yet on who Girardi’s replacement might be. I suspect that, behind the scenes, Fox Sports is lobbying Rob Manfred to allow Captain Calm Eyes to simultaneously serve as co-owner of the Marlins and manager of the Yankees. “If anyone can do it, a man who uniquely possesses both infinite integrity and capacity like Jeter can!” 😆

That endorsement would be gayer than Jm J. Bullock.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I thought it was 56%.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Can Wallach catch a horrible disease soon? Annoying, pathetic, useless.

He’s basically Zerowalls.

Another guy I wish death on. Seems to be a pattern.

Yes. They’re all still alive. Your powers are not where we want them to be.

Wherever the power lies, it must be used for the greatest good (i.e., death to Fatty). :pk:

Don’t worry Starbucks will take care of him for us.

chicowalker
    Participant

Please let them hire Dusty Baker

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Is Jm J Bullock still the go to for the highest gay-osity?  I would suggest that Milo character might be the gay gold standard for a new generation. Or possibly Mario Cantone for a transitional period.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Every Doc mic’d up segment: HEYYYYYY HEYYYYY YOU GOTTA TRUST EACH OTHER. WE’RE NOT GETTING GOOD SHOTS BECAUSE WE’RE NOT PLAYING TOGETHER

Red light talk.

Suzy
    Participant

Wow, hadn’t thought of that! 

chicowalker
    Participant

If the complaint about Girardi is that he’s too analytical, then Dusty’s the perfect choice.  Wasn’t he the “walks clog up the bases” guy?

Suzy
    Participant

If the complaint about Girardi is that he’s too analytical, then Dusty’s the perfect choice. Wasn’t he the “walks clog up the bases” guy?

Yeah, I think Dusty came up with that line all on his own. You really couldn’t write a better one.

Girardi didn’t use his gut instincts enough I guess.  :rollseyes: As Brian LA pointed out, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year and they went all the way to the ALCS, yet they can the guy for not managing 1970s style.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar