Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/27/2017 Daily Thread guest thread starter…..

This topic contains 57 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Claude45
    Participant

#NeverForget Mike Barnicle

@mikebarnicle

Delta flight from L.A. to NYC offers in-flight Wi-Fi for $40…That makes Delta both an airline and a criminal enterprise.

News Release from BOA’s Airline WiFi Inc.- “Modern technology is amazing. For just $40 I can access anything in the world to pass the time while flying. We’ve come a long way from being stuck with Sky Mall catalog and articles on what do on a weekend in Provo.” Morning Joe’s Mike Barnicle.

Besides, shouldn’t he have packed a riveting Doris Kearns Goodwin page turner for the trip. Just like baseball Danny, reading a good book in hard copy is timeless. People can’t even unplug for a few hours on a plane or sit and watch the grand old game? Sad really.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Claude45.

chicowalker
    Participant

Surprised Barnicle’s not a “grab a copy of the LA Times, NY Times, Washington post to read on the plane.  Need to feel it in my hands, smell the paper..” etc treacly garbage.  Maybe he just logs into his wife’s bank account and cracks it underneath a blanket

Suzy
    Participant

Surprised Barnicle’s not a “grab a copy of the LA Times, NY Times, Washington post to read on the plane. Need to feel it in my hands, smell the paper..” etc treacly garbage. Maybe he just logs into his wife’s bank account and cracks it underneath a blanket

Suzy
    Participant

Those 2 assholes get everything they deserve. If you want to mix in some current events with sports fine but the show is nothing but gay and tranny talk most of the time. Your going to say something wrong at some point.

I totally get the sentiment, but the modern social thought-police are a bad bunch. Iran-Iraq.

I’m with you, Brother King. A-holes all the way around.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I think we can all aspire to playwright Harold Pinter’s level of not giving a fuck.

Coma
    Participant

This quote from the Texans’ owner ought to go over real well with the players.

“We can’t have the inmates running the prison,”

“JJ Watt would never try to run the prison!”

Suzy
    Participant

I think we can all aspire to playwright Harold Pinter’s level of not giving a fuck.

That is awesome.

NASCL
    Participant

Harold Pinter is plagiarizing Mike “Tiger” Davis.

Coma
    Participant

Refusing to let the Mortensen thing go:

There is rightly a lot of focus on his reporting about the Patriots football, but an overlooked aspect of his original story was that the league told him all the Colts footballs were unaffected. Peter King was told the same thing and an ex-referee who appeared on Mike & Mike that week repeated it, so the point was driven home to the public: Patriots-Out of compliance/Colts-Just fine. That news hindered any scientific explanation at the time because people would say (and some still say this today) “How come the Colts footballs didn’t lose any pressure?”

Another thing that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny is his story that there was some confusion at league headquarters and someone may have just fed him some bad information. We’ve seen the NFL react swiftly to incorrect reports, usually on the same day. I remember there was a report a year or two ago of something innocuous like “Goodell will announce a decision on situation X on Friday” and the league PR rep quickly tweeted out that the decision may come on Monday. So if Mortensen believes that it was just a mistake that he got the wrong information, why didn’t the NFL announce a correction in this case? Did they coincidentally make another mistake by deviating from their usual MO or was there a conscious decision to let the false information stand?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So if Mortensen believes that it was just a mistake that he got the wrong information, why didn’t the NFL announce a correction in this case?

Because Jeff Pash is lower than whale shit?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I love that he closes with All The Best

chicowalker
    Participant

Harold Pinter is plagiarizing Mike “Tiger” Davis.

correspondence between those two would be fantastic.  Tiger would definitely call him “Shakespeare” and “faggot” at some point, indignant that some Limey cocksucker was too good to eat at Houston’s finest if-you-finish-the-48 oz-ribeye it’s free steakhouse

Del Airlines. One of the greats, Danny.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I love that he closes with All The Best

It’s word choice like that that gets you the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Suzy
    Participant

It’s fucking disgraceful what they did to the Patriots and frustrating that so many people (hell, most) have no fucking clue what truly went down. The lies and coverups continue.

Still makes me literally sick to my stomach.

Kevin
    Participant

Thing I didn’t know about until yesterday and may only interest me:

Silvio’s wife on The Sopranos is played by Steven Van Zandt’s actual wife.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Her acting didn’t tip you off?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Thing I didn’t know about until yesterday and may only interest me: Silvio’s wife on The Sopranos is played by Steven Van Zandt’s actual wife.

That Sun City song can get some tail.

chicowalker
    Participant

Thing I didn’t know about until yesterday and may only interest me: Silvio’s wife on The Sopranos is played by Steven Van Zandt’s actual wife.

really puts a damper on “..have to work late tonight, filming at the Bing.. :ph34r: ”   Does she play tambourine w/the E-Street band too?*

*for 6 hours! Never the same set list twice!

Kevin
    Participant

really puts a damper on “..have to work late tonight, filming at the Bing.. :ph34r: ” Does she play tambourine w/the E-Street band too?*

*for 6 hours! Never the same set list twice!

Maybe Little Steven has the same arrangement as Sil.

“I overheard Silvio on the phone saying Bobby was the only guy who didn’t have a goomah..”

Suzy
    Participant

She was so bad. Just awful.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The only thing worse than her acting was his rug.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It’s been over four years, but I’m still bummed out by Gandolfini’s death. Until then, there was always a chance that, somehow, if Chase and the cast were up for it (and the money was right), there could be some  kind of theatrical film or HBO show and some new material.  Plus Gandolfini was a very interesting actor in just about every role he played, and at 51 he really had only scratched the surface. It reminds me of Lennon’s death, and all the solo material and, yes, potential for a Beatles reunion that were lost at the time.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The only thing worse than her acting was his rug.

Even worse Patti Scialfi is ahead of him in the string section of the E-Street Orchestra.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Hacksaw.

chicowalker
    Participant

Rumor has it Springsteen and Scialfa are only common-law married, per NJ law if you are on stage for 17 straight hours with no intermission it’s the same as 7 years cohabitation in other states.  1,2,3,4!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar