Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/28 – 10/29 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 76 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Lefty

Bill trade Dareus to Jacksonville, which is probably a good trade for both teams.

the amount of adult behavior among the Bills management is unsettling.   It’s almost as if they have a plan on and off the field.   We need Rex back up there.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Bill trade Dareus to Jacksonville, which is probably a good trade for both teams. the amount of adult behavior among the Bills management is unsettling. It’s almost as if they have a plan on and off the field. We need Rex back up there.

Only a 6th rounder, but has to open a shit ton of money for next year. I think his cap number is north of 15 mill

i love that kid, but he has to pull his head out of his ass. He’s had a horrible life, but that’s no excuse for not being a pro.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Anyone want a Dareus jersey?

BrianInLA
    Participant

How much for the jersey? Lots of friends that are suddenly Jags fans back in St. Augustine.

Rooting for Penn St just feels wrong.  Sort of like rooting for the Steelers.  Wife asked “why do you care about this game?” “Well…you see..this guy I follow on twitter went to Ohio state and, uh, he’s sort of a douche..and, so are most Ohio state grads…and..”

She had long stopped listening,

jforb
    Participant

I want to point out that Breer’s a bit more than just a guy to follow on twitter, but don’t care to give him any credit.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Somehow, some way Marrone will fuck it up. That guy is the worst.

Mike
    Participant

Is it because Danny Picahd isn’t on regularly that I can listen for longer then 15 minutes?

But oofa that voice.

jforb
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Don’t care at all but I’m irrationally angry at this choke.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Don’t care at all but I’m irrationally angry at this choke.

The Fact that Breer is happy makes it worse.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Ya, he’s doing cartwheels all over twitter.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The guy who replaced Goucher gets way too excited.

Kind of like Sochi replacing Gil Santos.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hate to disagree with FCM but seems like exactly an acceptable excuse.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Whoa. No-hit bid and a scoreless tie in the 6th inning.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Roberts hates his pitcher going thru the lineup 3 times but if he takes Wood out with a no-hitter they may never let him back to LA.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Nevermind.

BrianInLA
    Participant

And of course it’s the first batter to see him the 3rd time.  Damn advanced metrics.  Now get off my lawn.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Celtics Fever: Catch It Cocksuckers.

I’m sure Danny and Wyc will approve this catchphrase

I don’t understand this Budweiser marketing campaign. The beer is named “1933” because it’s based on a recipe halted by prohibition, but prohibition ended in ‘33, it started in 1920. If Grandpa didn’t want to drink this piss in the 30’s why would I want to drink it 85 years later, when there are much better options out there.

RE baseball: Walks will kill you

Lebron
    Participant

Christ I hate Ohio St.  So fucking much.

Love seeing assholes like McElwain and Butch Jones lose again.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Oh boy. Globe at it again with the Pats tomorrow.

Doncabesa
    Participant

what’s up?

Yahtzee
    Participant

what’s up?

“Big Men With Broken Minds: the Largely Forgotten Faces of the Patriots Franchise”

Doncabesa
    Participant

what’s up?

“Big Men With Broken Minds: the Largely Forgotten Faces of the Patriots Franchise”

Ah, how brave of them.

Coma
    Participant

Cautiously optimistic about the Yankees decision to move on from Girardi. The word from Pvt. Pyle Teixeira is that Joe was “too intense” and the team needs a “better communicator.” Maybe it will work out, but I’m hoping for a Parcells to Carroll, Harbaugh to Tomsula “player’s coach” type of decline.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Mr Tomsula from Play Now?

Big Fat O
    Participant

EEI sure knows how to ruin a show. Sheppard with all his faults was light years better than Mut and Keefe.

jforb
    Participant

Dumbest return ever?

Doncabesa
    Participant

Dumbest return ever?

It’s up there for sure

Halftime!

Phil Rivers, not one of the greats

Jimmy White, one of the greats

I just realized why my twitter feed was more calm, that pussy Loyko blocked me.

Feejis
    Participant

Leaving a lot of points out there.

Doncabesa
    Participant

Way to stay in bounds

Not only was he on a different page, but Phil Rivers was in a completely different book than the rest of his team

The Frost Class Mark’s are living large.

andrew
    Participant

Travis Benjamin will likely be on the receiving end of a Peter King finger wag at some point.

Are the Patriots stuck with Eagle and Fouts for the rest of the year?

Gimp
    Participant

It is astonishing to me that Charlie Weis could almost die having gastric bypass surgery, and still be as huge as he is.

The Patriots 5th Quater show is too hot to take. The Empty Vest brings the insight”the Dolphins… are in Miami”. Googley eye thinks the Bills Mafia will make that game in Buffalo tough, no brain Fauria advises the Patriots staff to not relax during the bye week and make sure to use the time to self scout (nonshit dick head), and Creepy Uncle Dan is still worried about the defense.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

“We prefer to win.” —BB

Oh man, who was that squid that BB just nuked?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“We prefer to win.” —BB Oh man, who was that squid that BB just nuked?

Then he dismissed the guy with a head-shake that exceeded his disdain for the “will you review the quarterback position?” question between the KC and Cincinnati games of three years ago.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

“We prefer to win.” —BB Oh man, who was that squid that BB just nuked?

Then he dismissed the guy with a head-shake that exceeded his disdain for the “will you review the quarterback position?” question between the KC and Cincinnati games of three years ago.

Haha, yup. That was awesome. Think he may have even muttered a “jesus christ” under his breath. Guy deserved it though. What a dumb question. Something about being “comfortable” with low scoring games and if BB prefers the high scoring offense or something.

jforb
    Participant

Fultz out 3+ weeks, how far ahead will Tatum be by then?

Humphrey
    Participant

Say what you will about the guy, but Dubya just threw the best looking ceremonial first pitch I’ve seen in a long time.

Humphrey
    Participant

If Fultz only misses a month, it makes him the healthiest Sixer first round pick in quite a while, no?

Participant

When Russ wins at home vs team on the cusp in spectacular fashion it’s a triumph of the human spirit.

When Tom wins at home vs team on the cusp in spectacular fashion it’s time to be concerned.

Humphrey
    Participant

So we just had Kuy-Kel pitch to Kee-Kay…too bad Kee-Koh Garcia wasn’t in this game too.

In his 98.5 postgame appearance, Coach Bedard said he was troubled by Gronk’s press conference. Gronk sounded tired, and his tone was worrisome.

Also, per Coach Greg, this is it for the unreliable Gostkowski.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar