Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/31/2017 Daily Thread – Ooohh Scary

This topic contains 65 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

‘Bill just traded a full sized Toblerone for a coupon good in April at the discount candy store, caller! Hope you like NECCO Wafers!’

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Goodbye Jimmy G
    Though I never knew you at all
    You had the grace to quarterback
    While other picks all crawled
    They drafted you in the second
    And then you won two games
    They forgot you for Jacoby
    And now they’ve sent you on your way

And it seems to me you lived your life
    Like a candle in the wind
    Never knowing who to cling to
    When the rain set in
    And I would really like to know you
    My name is Mike Giardi
    I’m staying at the Best Western
    I’ll leave the front desk a key

Coma
    Participant

“So, Coach, been a pretty quiet last couple days, huh?” </dalearnoldvoice>

Kevin
    Participant

If the reports that they tried to get Jimmy G to sign a long term deal but he wanted to start are true, then what else were they going to do?

In hindsight, the Brisset deal is the problem. Could get a fourth WR off the street.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty not “getting” the Garoppolo trade is the most predictable thing ever.

Now he’s even arguing with people.

Guaranteed this leads his Wednesday mailbag. And which of his plucky little microsite writers does he assign to “analyze” the trade? Why the most plugged-in guy in Foxboro, of course.

NASCL
    Participant

Gerry really wanted to talk about the trade but then became too distracted after Reimer revealed he went to a P-town costume party as a raunchy pig.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Obviously this guy is a member of that dastardly Pats Cartel:

https://twitter.com/UnrulyNeighbor/status/925188512118386688

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

Gerry really wanted to talk about the trade but then became too distracted after Reimer revealed he went to a P-town costume party as a raunchy pig.

Stupidest theory ever.   Belichick didn’t want to trade Jimmy to the Browns because they fired him.

The team that fired him is in Baltimore now;  the current Browns are an expansion team.

Not to mention that the owner who fired him sold the team (and isn’t alive any more to boot).

TwoTimes
    Participant

Has Giardi come out of the closet yet?  It must be safe now that Spacey has.

NASCL
    Participant

Jay Ajayi to the Eagles.

Should be a fun day.

NASCL
    Participant

What happened to the days of the NFL trade deadline being basically meaningless?

The Red Sox will now be in on everyone today.

Bertie:

As I understand it, the Patriots put potential solutions in front of Garoppolo in the spring and summer to try to extend their window to pass him the torch that Tom Brady has carried for the last 17 seasons.

The operative words being “as I understand it”.  This is Breerese for “I don’t have a source, and this is what I’m able to cobble together from piggybacking on everybody else’s hard work, and passing it off as my own.” The Bertie tipoff is there’s never “according to this person or that” or even “according to sources close to…” It’s always “the feeling is…” or “the sense I get is…”

Give Bertie his due; nobody’s better at faking his way through live reports with no actual sources, and acting like an insider when the truth is nobody will talk to him.

But we know, and that has to terrify him.

I don’t doubt the veracity of his report. I didn’t doubt it when I read the same thing earlier from a half dozen others with actual sources.

InThisTown
    Participant

Bertie:

As I understand it, the Patriots put potential solutions in front of Garoppolo in the spring and summer to try to extend their window to pass him the torch that Tom Brady has carried for the last 17 seasons.

The operative words being “as I understand it”. This is Breerese for “I don’t have a source, and this is what I’m able to cobble together from piggybacking on everybody else’s hard work, and passing it off as my own.” The Bertie tipoff is there’s never “according to this person or that” or even “according to sources close to…” It’s always “the feeling is…” or “the sense I get is…”

Give Bertie his due; nobody’s better at faking his way through live reports with no actual sources, and acting like an insider when the truth is nobody will talk to him.

But we know, and that has to terrify him.

I don’t doubt the veracity of his report. I didn’t doubt it when I read the same thing earlier from a half dozen others with actual sources.

I was thinking the same thing last night and this morning. At some point, someone smarter than Peter King will catch on. I almost have to admire the hustle, it’s quite a racket he has going. He literally has no sources and never breaks a story. Then a story breaks he confirms he was hearing this all along.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Has Giardi come out of the closet yet? It must be safe now that Spacey has.

House of Cards is canceled because of this revelation is a hoax. The guy who played Doug Stamper is already in a new Gulf War series.

I think the series was canceled before this news happened. Frank Underwood to get the last word outed Spacey and gave those bitches in the media what they wanted.

Participant

All of the James G hottakez on @CSNNE or whatever it’s called these days had to wait due to Celts postgame show last night.

T&P you ninnies…..

chicowalker
    Participant

MIIIKE! TH BY WEEK IS HEAR AND IT COUL’DNT OF COME AT A DIFFERENT TIME. PATS ARE 62 BUT IT FEELS LIKE -26 SO I SAY FEELS BECAUSE IT GIVES ME COVER AGAINST THOSE WHO WOULD OPPOSE MY OPINIONS WITH RESONABLE ANALCYST AND OBJECTIVE FACTS.  I LEARNED IT FROM THE RADIO. ANYWAYS LOTS GOING ON SORRY IVE BEEN RADIO SILENCE BEEN A BUSY FALL OVER AT THE HOMESTED DOTTIE HAD A PROCEDURE DONE ON HER FOOT NOT SURE IF IT WAS BUNYANS OR SCOLIOSIS MAYBE? BUT EITHER WAYS SHES BEEN MORE OR LESS A PERMANINT FIXTUR ON THE SOFA EVER SEE THOSE SHOWS ON ONE OF THOSE FRUITC CHANNLES LIEK BRAVO OR NATIONAL GEO WHERE “WHAT HAPPENS TO EARTH WHEN NUCLEAR WAR” OR WHATEVER AND “NATURE HAD RECLAIMED” STUFF? IMAGINE THAT ONLY IN COUCH FORM HARD TO TELL WHERE HER HOUSECOAT STOPS AND THE CUSHION STARTS I BELIEVE THE WORD IM LOOKING FOR IS AMALGAM. SO CY ANOREA JIMMY G HUH? I HAD HERD THEY COULD GET MULTIPLE THE #1 PICK FOR HIM AND NOW ITS SECOND ROUND? BB THE GM KILLING BB THE COACH, THOUGH BB THE CAPOLOGIST AND BB THE FACILITIES MANAGER SEEM TO GET ALONG LOL. NOTHIN GOES ON DONW THEAH WITHOUT HIM KNOWING IT! EVEN WHEN GUYS DEFECATE. AGAIN RADIO INFO. SO I HERD A RUMOR THE PAST ARE GOING TO SIGN KAPUTNIK TO BE THE BACKUP NOW I DONT HAVE A DOG IN THE FIGHT AS YOU KNOW I DID ATTEMPT TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GUARD AS AN 20 YEAR OLD SINCE I WASNT INTERESTED IN A THIRD YEAR AT BUNKER HILL AND I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THIS CLINGEY GIRL I WAS DATIN AND THOUGHT MAYBE SHED GET THE HINT (SPOILER ALERT SHE IS ON MY COUCH RITE NOW) BUT THEY REJECTED ME ON ACCOUNT OF A HEART MURMOR PLUS A LUDE PROBLEM AT THE TIME SO THIS HOLE THING WITH THE ANTHEM I GET IT I AM NOT SOME BACKWOODS HICK FROM ATTLEBOROUGHE BUT I HAVE MY FOOT ON THE PULSE OF THE TRACKS DUE TO A CROSS SECTION OF GUYS FROM WORK (BOTH WHITE AND PORTUGESE) AND TO A MAN THEY’RE LIKE “THESE COLORS DONT RUN” “AMERICA FIRST’ AND “4 SCORE AND F**K YOU” WHICH IS PROBABLY? A BIT OF POETIC LICENSE FROM WASHINGTONS FAMOUS SPEACH. I JUST DONT THINSK THE DISTRACTION IS WORTH IT ESPECIALLY IF WHAT IF BRADY GETS HURT THEY ARENT GOING TO WIN IT FEELS LIKE THEY ABRELY WIN WITH HIM!? SEASONS PROBABLY OVAH ANYWAY NO NEED FOR A CIRCUS WHICH IS *NOT* A RACIALLY STATEMENT ABOUT PROTESTS! MORE ABOUT A SITUATIONS IN DISARRAY, “CONTROLLED CHAOS” IF YOU WILL IF YOU’LL RECALL PETE T. BARNUMS STATEMENT ABOUT CIRCUSES ‘BREAD AND CIRCUS EVERY MINUTE” SO QUICK QUESTHION ABOUT THIS KEVIN SPACEY IS HIS NAME UNDERWOOD ON THAT INTERNET SHOW BECAUSE THAT’S WHERE HE TRIES TO KEEP HIS PRAY? (UNDERAGE CHICKENS SMOTHERED BY ENGORGED PHALLUS) J/K I KNOW YOU PROBABLY SWING THAT WAY I THINK? IM NOT PREJUDICED I LIKE EM ALL STRAIGHT QUEERS BLAKCS WHITES JUST  ABIT IFFY ON SWEDES STORY FOR ANOTHER TIME

Tom Pepper
    Participant

It is bizarre listening to the Ordway’s of the world discuss this trade as if BB hasn’t considered all of the possibilities and scenarios they are breathlessly talking about. So dumb. I mean I get that they need to fill a few hours of time but jesus, get ahold of yourself.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Ah … callah … (phlegm ball) … I think Bill Belichick and Nick Caserio knows a little sumthin about talent evaluation and making trades … (phlegm ball).

Participant

When Manish, Pete King and Ordway “can’t figure it out” you know it’s a good deal.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

When Manish, Pete King and Ordway “can’t figure it out” you know it’s a good deal.

Christ! There’s nothing to “figure out”, really:

1. Brady’s level of play means the timing didn’t work
    2. Kid wants to be a starter/can’t make him stay as a backup
    3. Offseason offers weren’t as impressive as the media rumors suggested
    4. BB’s thinking of not making a move until you have to; wanted insurance in case Brady was severely injured in the first half of this season.

Apparently PK thinks this is 4D chess or something.

InThisTown
    Participant

Christ! There’s nothing to “figure out”, really:

1. Brady’s level of play means the timing didn’t work
    2. Kid wants to be a starter/can’t make him stay as a backup
    3. Offseason offers weren’t as impressive as the media rumors suggested
    4. BB’s thinking of not making a move until you have to; wanted insurance in case Brady was severely injured in the first half of this season.

Apparently PK thinks this is 4D chess or something.

“Bill never gives us anything! I wish he’d explain it!” – every action since he took over has communicated to those paying attention what his opinions are.

Feejis
    Participant

Christ! There’s nothing to “figure out”, really: 1. Brady’s level of play means the timing didn’t work 2. Kid wants to be a starter/can’t make him stay as a backup 3. Offseason offers weren’t as impressive as the media rumors suggested 4. BB’s thinking of not making a move until you have to; wanted insurance in case Brady was severely injured in the first half of this season. Apparently PK thinks this is 4D chess or something.

My question was why no need for insurance for the rest of the year and I guess the answer is that he wouldn’t sign the franchise offer or if he did, he’d be difficult to trade with that hanging over his head.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

My question was why no need for insurance for the rest of the year and I guess the answer is that he wouldn’t sign the franchise offer or if he did, he’d be difficult to trade with that hanging over his head.

Yes. The risk of having to franchise him yourself and getting less than they got yesterday (or nothing) outweighed insurance for the next 8 games.

Trade deadline meant shit or get off the pot.

TwoTimes
    Participant

I just want the record to show that if I were running things, I’d have given you people Brandon Weeden straight up for Jimmy.  Your loss.

Feejis
    Participant

Yes. The risk of having to franchise him yourself and getting less than they got yesterday (or nothing) outweighed insurance for the next 8 games. Trade deadline meant shit or get off the pot.

As I said yesterday makes me curious if it means Bill really hates their chances without Tom anyhow so no need for the insurance in that sense.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Yes. The risk of having to franchise him yourself and getting less than they got yesterday (or nothing) outweighed insurance for the next 8 games. Trade deadline meant shit or get off the pot.

As I said yesterday makes me curious if it means Bill really hates their chances without Tom anyhow so no need for the insurance in that sense.

That’s what I think. Even if Jimmy is a really good player, you can’t assume he steps in for Brady and you can realistically still hoist the trophy.

Lebron
    Participant

Laughed reading this in an article about the upcoming Ric Flair doc

Fellow pro wrestler Hulk Hogan flew a private jet to Atlanta to visit Flair while he was in a coma.

Courtesy of Gawker.  Bet he buys that premium charcoal to highlight his beard now, no more of that Kingsford shit.

NASCL
    Participant

Hubbuch’s Twitter profile:   Budding restaurateur

InThisTown
    Participant

Participant

Hey Bart, Dare to Cook.

Hacksaw
    Participant

R

Sorry Two Times….I would have out bid you and given them Mike Trout.

Lebron
    Participant

Hubbuch’s Twitter profile: Budding restaurateur

Former longtime sportswriter • Brooklyn real estate owner • Successful investor and punter • Budding restaurateur

Only thing missing is ‘serial entrepreneur’

Hacksaw
    Participant

Laughed reading this in an article about the upcoming Ric Flair doc

Fellow pro wrestler Hulk Hogan flew a private jet to Atlanta to visit Flair while he was in a coma.

Courtesy of Gawker. Bet he buys that premium charcoal to highlight his beard now, no more of that Kingsford shit.

Wonder if Brother Brutai was a plus one with Hulk.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Well, good thing he’s landed on his feet on a nice stable industry such as the restaurant industry.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That Jerry Thornton tweets makes me irrationally angry.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Fixed.

Nick B
    Participant

Fixed.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I actually meant that specific tweet, but tweets plural/verb works just as well.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Mark Geragos, the attorney for Colin Kaepernick, said Tuesday he expects the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback to be signed within 10 days.

Isn’t this the stooge that Carolla is butt buddies with (lTT)?

Claude45
    Participant

Mark Geragos, the attorney for Colin Kaepernick, said Tuesday he expects the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback to be signed within 10 days.

Yes and Adam will not see the irony in his railing against frivolous lawsuits.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Claude45.

Claude45
    Participant

There’s a 70% chance that a year from now that reads ex-restaurateur.

Lebron
    Participant

Mazz thinks the trade is stupid.  Felger thinks you just hire that pitch guy that OD’d on blow and you get a better return.  And whatever, sign him at the cap number even if it puts you $10 mil or so over, teams do it all the time, just figure it out.

NASCL
    Participant

People that find Jerry Thornton entertaining should be added to the Mars exploration team.

Claude45
    Participant

You what’s a ton of fun? The day after Belichick makes an unexpected move, I love to wake up and tune into the local morning zoo. You get to listen to a 45 year old flash boy, whose only discernible talent is to get shit on constantly by the “cool guy” hosts, mock a man who is widely considered the best ever in a very difficult field. Belichick’s morning dump has achieved more dropping out of Belichick’s ass than Wallach has in a lifetime. So, please by all means spend the morning acting like you’re smarter than Belichick.

Hey Wallach, stop asking “what is Belichick doing?” Shut your mouth and pay attention.

NASCL
    Participant

Mazz thinks the trade is stupid. Felger thinks you just hire that pitch guy that OD’d on blow and you get a better return. And whatever, sign him at the cap number even if it puts you $10 mil or so over, teams do it all the time, just figure it out.

Bill Mays, one of the greats and the original Magic Beard.

chicowalker
    Participant

Does Carolla still do the Take a Knee podcast? :lol: (I’ll assume same content as his 75 other podcasts, just yell rebar chickenshit Hollywood High School passion fruit 3/4 inch bit)

Claude45
    Participant

Does Carolla still do the Take a Knee podcast? 😆 (I’ll assume same content as his 75 other podcasts, just yell rebar chickenshit Hollywood High School passion fruit 3/4 inch bit)

I don’t know if you’ve heard but youth football is the best character builder. Not some other sport that Carolla didn’t play, football.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’ve long since given up on Carolla. And Stern.

chicowalker
    Participant

I listen to Sternthology every so often, and everything post-Artie (save for some Richard and Sal phone calls) is garbage.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty just got taken in by a fake Schefter account that the Pats are signing Kaepernick.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/925433321215184896

Deleted it quick, but still…

Edit: Deep Threat quicker on the trigger than me:

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar