Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/31/2017 Daily Thread – Ooohh Scary

This topic contains 65 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Kingasaurus
    Participant

My question was why no need for insurance for the rest of the year and I guess the answer is that he wouldn’t sign the franchise offer or if he did, he’d be difficult to trade with that hanging over his head.

Yes. The risk of having to franchise him yourself and getting less than they got yesterday (or nothing) outweighed insurance for the next 8 games. Trade deadline meant shit or get off the pot.

As I said yesterday makes me curious if it means Bill really hates their chances without Tom anyhow so no need for the insurance in that sense.

That’s what I think. Even if Jimmy is a really good player, you can’t assume he steps in for Brady and you can realistically still hoist the trophy.

Lebron
    Participant

Laughed reading this in an article about the upcoming Ric Flair doc

Fellow pro wrestler Hulk Hogan flew a private jet to Atlanta to visit Flair while he was in a coma.

Courtesy of Gawker.  Bet he buys that premium charcoal to highlight his beard now, no more of that Kingsford shit.

NASCL
    Participant

Hubbuch’s Twitter profile:   Budding restaurateur

InThisTown
    Participant

Participant

Hey Bart, Dare to Cook.

Hacksaw
    Participant

R

Sorry Two Times….I would have out bid you and given them Mike Trout.

Lebron
    Participant

Hubbuch’s Twitter profile: Budding restaurateur

Former longtime sportswriter • Brooklyn real estate owner • Successful investor and punter • Budding restaurateur

Only thing missing is ‘serial entrepreneur’

Hacksaw
    Participant

Laughed reading this in an article about the upcoming Ric Flair doc

Fellow pro wrestler Hulk Hogan flew a private jet to Atlanta to visit Flair while he was in a coma.

Courtesy of Gawker. Bet he buys that premium charcoal to highlight his beard now, no more of that Kingsford shit.

Wonder if Brother Brutai was a plus one with Hulk.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Well, good thing he’s landed on his feet on a nice stable industry such as the restaurant industry.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That Jerry Thornton tweets makes me irrationally angry.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Fixed.

Nick B
    Participant

Fixed.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I actually meant that specific tweet, but tweets plural/verb works just as well.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Mark Geragos, the attorney for Colin Kaepernick, said Tuesday he expects the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback to be signed within 10 days.

Isn’t this the stooge that Carolla is butt buddies with (lTT)?

Claude45
    Participant

Mark Geragos, the attorney for Colin Kaepernick, said Tuesday he expects the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback to be signed within 10 days.

Yes and Adam will not see the irony in his railing against frivolous lawsuits.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Claude45.

Claude45
    Participant

There’s a 70% chance that a year from now that reads ex-restaurateur.

Lebron
    Participant

Mazz thinks the trade is stupid.  Felger thinks you just hire that pitch guy that OD’d on blow and you get a better return.  And whatever, sign him at the cap number even if it puts you $10 mil or so over, teams do it all the time, just figure it out.

NASCL
    Participant

People that find Jerry Thornton entertaining should be added to the Mars exploration team.

Claude45
    Participant

You what’s a ton of fun? The day after Belichick makes an unexpected move, I love to wake up and tune into the local morning zoo. You get to listen to a 45 year old flash boy, whose only discernible talent is to get shit on constantly by the “cool guy” hosts, mock a man who is widely considered the best ever in a very difficult field. Belichick’s morning dump has achieved more dropping out of Belichick’s ass than Wallach has in a lifetime. So, please by all means spend the morning acting like you’re smarter than Belichick.

Hey Wallach, stop asking “what is Belichick doing?” Shut your mouth and pay attention.

NASCL
    Participant

Mazz thinks the trade is stupid. Felger thinks you just hire that pitch guy that OD’d on blow and you get a better return. And whatever, sign him at the cap number even if it puts you $10 mil or so over, teams do it all the time, just figure it out.

Bill Mays, one of the greats and the original Magic Beard.

chicowalker
    Participant

Does Carolla still do the Take a Knee podcast? :lol: (I’ll assume same content as his 75 other podcasts, just yell rebar chickenshit Hollywood High School passion fruit 3/4 inch bit)

Claude45
    Participant

Does Carolla still do the Take a Knee podcast? 😆 (I’ll assume same content as his 75 other podcasts, just yell rebar chickenshit Hollywood High School passion fruit 3/4 inch bit)

I don’t know if you’ve heard but youth football is the best character builder. Not some other sport that Carolla didn’t play, football.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’ve long since given up on Carolla. And Stern.

chicowalker
    Participant

I listen to Sternthology every so often, and everything post-Artie (save for some Richard and Sal phone calls) is garbage.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty just got taken in by a fake Schefter account that the Pats are signing Kaepernick.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/925433321215184896

Deleted it quick, but still…

Edit: Deep Threat quicker on the trigger than me:

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar