Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/31/2017 Daily Thread – Ooohh Scary

This topic contains 65 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

You’d think that a person with Kings decades of experience in sports journalism would be able to spot a fake twitter account but nope. The ass hat probably thought to himself “Doesn’t Shefter have two 3’s in his last name?” Ah I’ll just retweet.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I do recall Artie saying on Stern…”If Bruce Springsteen ever does American Idol I(Artie) would ride the Sybian.”

I think they lost that shows tapes on purpose in case it does happen.

Kevin
    Participant

With BB mentioning that Kyle Shanahan is a great coach, maybe there is some truth to Schefter saying part of the reason they didn’t trade Jimmy to Cleveland is because he thinks they’d screw it up. :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

You’d think that a person with Kings decades of experience in sports journalism would be able to spot a fake twitter account but nope. The ass hat probably thought to himself “Doesn’t Shefter have two 3’s in his last name?” Ah I’ll just retweet.

Had I not recently pressed Reply to All on an email that should have been a Reply to 1, I’d feel a bit more confident in saying PK is a dope. But, why let that stop me? He’s a dope.

Lebron
    Participant

With BB mentioning that Kyle Shanahan is a great coach, maybe there is some truth to Schefter saying part of the reason they didn’t trade Jimmy to Cleveland is because he thinks they’d screw it up. 😆

I thought about that, and I believe he also thinks highly of Lynch.  Since all of the media slobbered on Hue Jackson and let out a chorus of hallelujahs when Cleveland hired him safe to assume Bill has a different impression.

Participant

Thanks for the heads up Amazon, but I think I’ll pass based on the author…..

Lebron
    Participant

Giants defensive backs must think they got no show jobs when they signed their contracts.  Fitting that McAdoo refers to Jenkins as “Jackrabbit”

Lebron
    Participant

Funny if true

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Funny if true

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago More Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not.

Holy shit.  :lol:

This looks worse than the Judge trying to sandbag Pop Fisher.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That Jerry Thornton tweet makes me irrationally angry.

It didn’t even have the cadence of a joke.  :rollseyes:   :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Funny if true

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago More Bengals and Browns actually agreed to AJ McCarron trade at 3:55 pm, per source involved. Bengals approved trade to NFL, Browns did not.

Browns being Browns.

jforb
    Participant

That Jerry Thornton tweet makes me irrationally angry.

It didn’t even have the cadence of a joke. :rollseyes: :ozzy:

Didn’t have the cadence of an English sentence either.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Fvck me for listening to Rob Bradford mumble his thoughts about Belichick not getting as much as he could for Jimmy G.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Listening to Felger and Mazz is a lesson on you can’t make this up if you tried.

A few good reasons for the trade from the noted experts

1. Krafty Bob told BB Brady is to retire a Patriot and he stays until Brady’s says he’s done

2. Krafty Bob told BB he won’t pay Jimmy big bucks so get him gone

3. BB and Brady hate each other and Krafty Bob made BB keep Brady

4. BB usually gets rid of players before they stink but he’s stuck with Brady

Breer should be adopting these talking points for his own using words ” like he feels” or the “sense is”. Noted experts like Wallach, Diabeetle, Erkel and Keefe will site Breer during their shows as an “insider”.

This is what you get when you tune into sports radio.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I think Dave Roberts is making a mistake here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Yahtzee.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The Bertie tipoff is there’s never “according to this person or that” or even “according to sources close to…” It’s always “the feeling is…” or “the sense I get is…” Give Bertie his due; nobody’s better at faking his way through live reports with no actual sources, and acting like an insider when the truth is nobody will talk to him.

Ummmm, Dan ‘Hall of Fame’ Shaughnessy would like you to rethink giving Bertie credit for his moves.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar