Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/3/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 42 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Is Larry Johnson in charge of the WBUR Twitter feed now?

TwoTimes
    Participant

Howzie had definitely heard of Tom Petty, right?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I presume he’s heard of country music, too.

TwoTimes
    Participant

Wasn’t it was Jason Aldean playing, though?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Somewhere in his voluminous Twitter history. howzie described modern country music as being ‘Radio Disney with fiddles and steel guitars.’

I would give him a Tommy Point for that. :lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Not to pull a Howzie, but I don’t know who that is. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

any reliable numbers about what % of the money was on kc-6.5/ over 47.5 last night?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Rams, Lions, Jags and Bills all in 1st place in their divisions. That’s some Topsy-turvey shit going on right now.

Participant

FWIW Chico, the guy from @Covers said it depended on the book – Generally side was 50/50.  Sharps were on under, public was on Over (money about 60/40).

chicowalker
    Participant

FWIW Chico, the guy from @Covers said it depended on the book – Generally side was 50/50. Sharps were on under, public was on Over (money about 60/40).

Ahh. My limited understanding was that for standalone games (sunday/monday/thursday night) there was more exposure for the books for the average favorite/over donkey (aka me :dry: )

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Lucchino: lucky again, escaping unscathed.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Memphis Wrestling Announcer Lance Russell has gone to heaven.

“Jerry Lawler…ever since you sucker punched Bill Dundee….your friends are making excuses for you….I’m making excuses for you….you’re a damn ego maniac Jerry!”

Also Lance had the  classic old school line in this video….”Tell him Mexican get out of here!”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Coma
    Participant

Some leftover thoughts from the weekend:

– I watched the second half of the Patriots-Panthers last night after missing it/relying on Socci and Zolak. That sequence I posted about on Sunday came across much differently on TV. Zolak played up Brady favoring his shoulder after being knocked down on a 3rd down incompletion. I had to rewind and watch that part again because nothing stood out to me the first time I saw it. Zolak was saying Brady was holding his left arm tight to his body, but it didn’t come across that way on TV. If you’re really looking for it, Brady maybe swings his left arm a little less than his right, but hardly the holding his arm immobile that Zolak portrayed. During that whole sequence, including showing Brady on the bench talking to McDaniels, the TV announcers didn’t mention anything about a possible injury and a QB change. Meanwhile, Zo was fully invested in the worst case scenario and studying Jimmy G’s every move.

– I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defensive holding penalty on a running play like the one they called on Chung near the end of the game. Any time I’ve seen that penalty, it’s been around the line of scrimmage, never 5+ yards down field on a safety vs. a running back. Maybe it was because McCaffrey lost his balance and Chung was grabbing near the back of his helmet, but that was a weird one. Maybe the Panthers make the FG anyway, but giving them 5 free yards didn’t help.

– We all know PK lacks self awareness, but if he has one atom of it, he has to be laughing himself silly at the prospect of Breer taking over MMQB from him. If that’s SI’s succession plan, they might as well just shut down the site and even King has to know that. Has anyone ever said “I can’t wait to read Breer’s article about this,” even for a hate read? No, and that’s never going to change. That’s not saying PK can demand a blank check in negotiations, but he has the leverage that, if he’s not there, MMQB and a good chunk of those readers will be gone.

Feejis
    Participant

I didn’t know it was possible to hold a blocker. Is it because he was eligible? Could a defensive lineman be penalized for holding an offensive lineman on a play?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I didn’t know it was possible to hold a blocker. Is it because he was eligible? Could a defensive lineman be penalized for holding an offensive lineman on a play?

Yeah. Let’s say you hold a guy so your defensive teammate can run through the vacated area and make the tackle. It happens. It’s just uncommon for it to be blatant enough to legitimately call.

InThisTown
    Participant

Yes, it’s very infrequent and has even declined more since they moved the umpire.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ve seen a D-Lineman get called for holding an OL a few times. Not ever a CB holding a WR far away from a running play.

Coma
    Participant

The way I’ve always seen it is a play along the LOS. For example, a defensive lineman holds an offensive lineman, preventing them from pulling on a running play and allowing a teammate to tackle the ball carrier. We’ve all seen WRs get called for holding on running plays, but I’ve never seen a defensive back get called for holding a back or receiver “in space” on a running play.

Edit: Or what everyone else said.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Coma.

Feejis
    Participant

Well that’s just stupid. Should be able to do anything to shed blocks. Karate chops, holding, kick to the balls, whatever it takes.

Lebron
    Participant

I like holier than thou Ben calling Bryant’s sideline antics ‘unfortunate.’  I’m sure that’s what he said to those women he raped when they initially told him no.

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t need to see Shottenheimer with Alzheimers not knowing where he was in that piece last night.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Marty’s brain never recovered from that home playoff loss to the Pats.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Where did this Breer running MMQB rumor come from?

Participant

Where did this Breer running MMQB rumor come from?

I’d say Breer, but I don’t think he’s that bright.

Ironhead
    Participant

Didn’t need to see Shottenheimer with Alzheimers not knowing where he was in that piece last night.

That was really difficult to watch.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar