Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/6/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 85 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)
  • Author

Liked the all-white unis. They should ditch the blue pants.

Chief
    Participant

2 observations from last nights game:

(1)  What the fuck is that peel back block call on Solder.  The guy is lined up way outside and Solder hits him on the shoulder pad.  Total Bullshit.

(2) Was I really drunk or was Butler giving Jackson a 10-12 yard cushion on 3rd and 2 on the last drive when Jackson went for 40?  Stupidest thing I have ever seen.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Chief.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

They won three Super Bowls in those blue pants, mister!!!!!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

2 observations from last bights game: (1) What the fuck is that peel back block call on Solder. The guy is lined up way outside and Solder hits him on the shoulder pad. Total Bullshit.

The Amendola OPI was a huge joke, too. Great catch ruined by fucking idiots.

:lol: :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

Thought both the Solder calls were bullshit. You can’t slap an arm on the guy’s back as he’s running by you?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The Tuck Rule thing was wall-to-wall whiny bitches.

Hey, Tim Brown: It didn’t cost you a Super Bowl Championship, because you were losing to either the Steelers or Rams. So fuck off.

Participant

With the blue color rush tops for home games please.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m hoping for a NFLN special on the 1972 “Immaculate Reception” playoff game in which, upon Harris’s catch, both the Steelers and the Raiders and their fan bases spontaneously combust.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

What was Blount’s success rate? I’d argue it’s the line mostly. Six more days of twitter jail for telling Murray to kill himself after he tweeted “nice catch dickhead” on a Cooks drop. 😆

Your old @InThisTweet account still active as a backup?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

Liked them too- but keep the helmets silver like last night.

Can always wear the blue pants once or twice a year, home or away.

Are the Pat Patriot unis retired for good?   What about one game w/the Sam Bam Cunningham unis?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Of all the amazing things Brady has accomplished, #1 has to be letting us all know who the penalty is against 45 seconds before the cunts announce it.

Kevin
    Participant

Finally seeing a full game of his, I wanted to be a contrarian on Tony Romo, but he’s pretty great.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Finally seeing a full game of his, I wanted to be a contrarian on Tony Romo, but he’s pretty great.

Yeah, I was ready to crucify the network when it was announced, but he’s been good. The vapidity of Simms is now even more glaring by comparison.

Feejis
    Participant

He has to work on his voice though. Sounds like he’s yelling all the time.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

He has to work on his voice though. Sounds like he’s yelling all the time.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT?!!!!    :smile:

Coma
    Participant

I’m hoping for a NFLN special on the 1972 “Immaculate Reception” playoff game in which, upon Harris’s catch, both the Steelers and the Raiders and their fan bases spontaneously combust.

There was “A Football Life” episode on the Immaculate Reception (link) in 2012. Unfortunately, it did not have the desired effect.

Raiders players/fans/coaches/execs whine about the tuck rule, but they also complain that a penalty wasn’t called on the IR. The rule at the time was, if an offensive player touches a pass, they’re the only ones allowed to catch it. If one receiver tipped a pass or it bounced off them, it was a penalty if a teammate caught it. That’s one of the dumbest rules I ever heard. Why penalize an exciting, unpredictable play? The tuck rule makes 1000% more sense than that. For whatever reason, that rule was kept on the books for another 6 years after the IR.

Anyway, Raiders fans wanted that idiotic rule enforced and still gripe about it. On the other hand, they don’t accept that the tuck rule was enforced and still gripe about that, too. It’s almost like they’re, I don’t know, I can’t think of the word.

Coma
    Participant

Yeah, I was ready to crucify the network when it was announced, but he’s been good. The vapidity of Simms is now even more glaring by comparison.

I seem to remember several articles in the offseason where the tone was “Romo will find that announcing isn’t as easy as it looks.” I have no idea how much work he put into getting ready for the job, but he’s a vast improvement over Simms with no prior experience.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Romo is light years ahead of Simms. I wonder if Simms recognized all the things that Romo talks about but chose not to say anything or was Phil so dim witted he never even picked up on that stuff as a player.

BrianInLA
    Participant

There was “A Football Life” episode on the Immaculate Reception (link) in 2012. Unfortunately, it did not have the desired effect. Raiders players/fans/coaches/execs whine about the tuck rule, but they also complain that a penalty wasn’t called on the IR. The rule at the time was, if an offensive player touches a pass, they’re the only ones allowed to catch it. If one receiver tipped a pass or it bounced off them, it was a penalty if a teammate caught it. That’s one of the dumbest rules I ever heard. Why penalize an exciting, unpredictable play? The tuck rule makes 1000% more sense than that. For whatever reason, that rule was kept on the books for another 6 years after the IR. Anyway, Raiders fans wanted that idiotic rule enforced and still gripe about it. On the other hand, they don’t accept that the tuck rule was enforced and still gripe about that, too. It’s almost like they’re, I don’t know, I can’t think of the word.

I didn’t know that about the deflection rule. So something like the hook-and-ladder play where one receiver tosses it back to another receiver going full speed would be borderline illegal if it looked like a deflection instead of an “on purpose play”? That just seems crazy.

Lefty

I have also liked Romo, but I think he is starting to get a bit too talkative.   I am sure he is being coached into saying more and more, but Jesus give it a break every now and then.   I do think that is the format in pbp these days, though – not a second of dead air at any time.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ugh

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Glad I got the DirecTV media player going on this thing just in time to see Pomerantz give up a 2-run dinger. :ozzy:   :ozzy:

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’ve lost track…are they unlikable again? Houston is like the 1927 Yankees.

I just looked and they both had an OPS+ of 127. By comparison the Sox have a 92. Ugh.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  BrianInLA.

One thing I love about Romo is he adds a lot of credence to the notion that any NFL starting quarterback can ID pre-play 75% of what a defense is going to do, if not more. Romo doesn’t have the benefit of all the prep filmwork these teams do in advance of an opponent, but he’s still predicting coverages and what will be available just by the pre-snap formations.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar