Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/06/2018 Daily Thread – Getting Ready for Clemson-BC

This topic contains 31 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Home teams split.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Nick B
    Participant

Quenneville  out in Chicago

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Everyone remember to vote today! Even you, Brian!

BrianInLA
    Participant

Keshawn Johnson (who is Michael Thomas’ uncle) is convinced that Sean Payton will be the next coach of America’s Team. The rest of the ESPN crew is pining for Jeff Fisher. Leave New Orleans and Brees to go to Dallas? Sure. Same as Bill wanting to take over the hopeless Giants because going 4-12 is more fun than being a contender every season. To his credit Keshawn has been pretty accurate on his predictions as far as the NFL goes.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Keshawn Johnson (who is Michael Thomas’ uncle) is convinced that Sean Payton will be the next coach of America’s Team. The rest of the ESPN crew is pining for Jeff Fisher. Leave New Orleans and Brees to go to Dallas? Sure. Same as Bill wanting to take over the hopeless Giants because going 4-12 is more fun than being a contender every season. To his credit Keshawn has been pretty accurate on his predictions as far as the NFL goes.

What the heck throw Cito Gaston in there too.

Brian
    Participant

Everyone remember to vote today! Even you, Brian!

Never give up your day job, Miz, We just got back from voting.

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve physically gone to vote since 2000.  Who the fuck does that?  Only thing the postal service is good for.

Lebron
    Participant

Cowboys seem like the perfect landing spot for Lincoln Riley at some point.

For all the clamoring about Brother Jim/Riley/Shaw and NFL jobs, still surprises me no one mentions Dabo.  When Bill leaves that’s the guy I’d contact.  Or Gregg Williams – no interview just here’s the contract, you fill in the numbers, we’ll sign.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve physically gone to vote since 2000. Who the fuck does that? Only thing the postal service is good for.

I go in person. I’d have to go in person to get the early ballot anyhow, so no difference.

Participant

Dez and Former Seattle Seahawk Brandon Marshall also will work out with New Orleans after recently visiting Detroit, added NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

Don’t sign Marshall, I want him to finish his career having appeared in the same number of playoff games as I have.

Oh and Jonathan has added a “ZO Cam” to Patriots dot com – so you can see just how wacky the one eyed wallpaper paste eater is during a radio broadcast.

Stay lucid and healthy Robert.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“the one eyed wallpaper paste eater” Perfect description.  :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve physically gone to vote since 2000. Who the fuck does that? Only thing the postal service is good for.

I go in person. I’d have to go in person to get the early ballot anyhow, so no difference.

Is there no mail ballot?  Mine just comes in the mail, fill it out and mail it back.  Probably the only time I use a stamp now that i think about it, although you can drop it off at a multitude of locations.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Is there no mail ballot? Mine just comes in the mail, fill it out and mail it back. Probably the only time I use a stamp now that i think about it, although you can drop it off at a multitude of locations.

We don’t live in the enlightened Western states like you do, Lebron.

Feejis
    Participant

No mail ballot that I’ve ever seen.

We do it the old fashioned way: Show up to the polling place, tell the 80 year old lady who I am without having to prove it, get a ballot, vote, then check out with a different 80 year old lady.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m still shocked at the amount of states that dont have the mail in ballot that just shows up in the mail a month before the election. Makes everything a crapload easier. Fill it out during half time of the Pats, no stamp needed (in Cal) and its on its way. Well, I guess I’m not really shocked as I sort of understand why they do it. Am I right Bri?

BrianInLA
    Participant

The most controversial thing on the California ballot (at least where I work) is the repeal of Daylight Savings Time. I would have thought it a no brainer to not have to deal with changing the clocks twice a year and the nonsense that goes with it. Just pick a time, any time, and stick with it. Instead its turned into several full on debates among the IT department over the pros and cons. The measures that earmark $12 gazillion for road fixes? No one cares. But messing with the clocks are fighting words.

Thats another bonus of the mail in. They give you a pretty large booklet with all of the measures, pro and con, as well as a lot of info on every person running in all of the election choices for our county. Its sort of cool reading about how these things ended up on the ballot and who supports them and the ramifications of “for” or “against”. However the one missing was the one to divide California up into 3 states. It had enough support to get on the ballot until the federal government told them to cut the crap and they shut it down.

jforb
    Participant

We do it the old fashioned way: Show up to the polling place, tell the 80 year old lady who I am without having to prove it, get a ballot, vote, then check out with a different 80 year old lady.

Did the 80 year old ladies have better hearing than the 80 year old men I had to deal with? I think everyone in the building heard every address being repeated 3 times.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The most controversial thing on the California ballot (at least where I work) is the repeal of Daylight Savings Time. I would have thought it a no brainer to not have to deal with changing the clocks twice a year and the nonsense that goes with it. Just pick a time, any time, and stick with it. Instead its turned into several full on debates among the IT department over the pros and cons. The measures that earmark $12 gazillion for road fixes? No one cares. But messing with the clocks are fighting words.

Thats another bonus of the mail in. They give you a pretty large booklet with all of the measures, pro and con, as well as a lot of info on every person running in all of the election choices for our county. Its sort of cool reading about how these things ended up on the ballot and who supports them and the ramifications of “for” or “against”. However the one missing was the one to divide California up into 3 states. It had enough support to get on the ballot until the federal government told them to cut the crap and they shut it down.

Out here voting for Democrat is not going to accomplish anything. A lot of Chris Kyle wannabees(Callahan types) who are pro-police, pro-military and are Christians on Sundays when they act like assholes the other six days.

Lebron
    Participant

If I had to actually go and vote I wouldn’t do it.  Next thing you’ll tell me is that there are no happy hours.  Wait, what?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I’ve gone in the morning to vote and when the Mrs asks me to accompany her to the polls, they then offer me my son’s ballot.

Voter fraud is so easy.  :lol:

GusChiggins
    Participant

The Champions League hopes for John Henry’s kickball team were dashed some today. They’ll be watching the Napoli – PSG game closely.

Humphrey
    Participant

As far as California goes, if they didn’t change the clock when everyone else did, then am I right that the difference between Eastern and Cal. would be two hours? Would make a big difference in TV ratings of ballgames from out there (or the start time of ballgames out there), that’s for sure.

Lebron
    Participant

The Champions League hopes for John Henry’s kickball team were dashed some today. They’ll be watching the Napoli – PSG game closely.

Serves them right with those awful purple/pink kits.

Lebron
    Participant

Always knew Matt Duchene was a douchebag, that Senators video only confirms it.

Participant

An initial suggestion to continue on with the Sox brand and call the team the WooSox has been met with strong opinions on both sides.

“To Woo or not to Woo, that is the question,’’ said PawSox president Charles Steinberg. “We have heard from those who would like to call the team the WooSox, and we have heard impassioned pleas from others to not call them the WooSox. So we ask, ‘What’s in a name?’

“We hope the flavorful conversation and creative juices flow right through the last drop of gravy at Thanksgiving dinner.’’

Now that’s unlikeable…..

Lebron
    Participant

Fanz are universally terrible but man is whatever the fuck “Celtics twitter” is the worst of the worst.  They should all off themselves.

jforb
    Participant

I’d expand that to NBA twitter in general.

Look at this amazing play where Lebron jumped in the air and put the ball directly in the basket. Isn’t he amazing? Down 30 at the time, who cares?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Out here voting for Democrat is not going to accomplish anything. A lot of Chris Kyle wannabees(Callahan types) who are pro-police, pro-military and are Christians on Sundays when they act like assholes the other six days.

Sundays? I would have thought there would be many instances of “Golf Mass” late saturday to free up Sundays for The Lord’s Work.

Of course, I’ve only lived inside 128, but I’ve heard that as you move to other places there aren’t as many Catholics.   :ohmy:   :lol:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

An initial suggestion to continue on with the Sox brand and call the team the WooSox has been met with strong opinions on both sides.

“To Woo or not to Woo, that is the question,’’ said PawSox president Charles Steinberg. “We have heard from those who would like to call the team the WooSox, and we have heard impassioned pleas from others to not call them the WooSox. So we ask, ‘What’s in a name?’

“We hope the flavorful conversation and creative juices flow right through the last drop of gravy at Thanksgiving dinner.’’

Now that’s unlikeable…..

I was surprised to see a “Larry Lucchino” sign on a Duck Boat. Thought he was out of the Big Sox entirely.

Sorry, Worcester. You won a AAA team, but you also got the Dancing Dentist and Lucky.  And Shank has already copyrighted “Worse-Sox.”

Lebron
    Participant

Zion Williamson.  Jesus Mary and Joseph he’s a cyborg

Lebron
    Participant

Sundays? I would have thought there would be many instances of “Golf Mass” late saturday to free up Sundays for The Lord’s Work.

Of course, I’ve only lived inside 128, but I’ve heard that as you move to other places there aren’t as many Catholics. :ohmy: 😆

Yeah there’s no CCD buses out this way.  But all the Catholic churches have Saturday night packed to the rafters masses so you can golf, tailgate, or beat your wife when the Broncos lose on Sunday.  Also works for skiing.  Go Saturday roll in to mass Saturday night head back up Sunday.  No friends on a powder day, Jesus included.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Womder if Mayor Vaughn won tonight?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar