Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/10/18- 11/12/18 Veterans' Day Long Weekend Thread

This topic contains 66 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Less bad more than better I’d say.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

All three of their losses this year have been “revenge” road games.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Yes, I put the trash out.  Yes, I had to roll the cans back in.

Coma
    Participant

Zo is not happy. At all.

He’s not wrong.

I feel like I posted this before, but I realized yesterday that I hate Zolak’s commentary no matter what he says. I listened to most of the first quarter yesterday. At 10-3 and 17-3, Zolak’s main contribution was to repeat “These guys need to wake up” or some variation of that. Once the defense forced a 3 and out and the offense started moving the ball, he said “It seems like the momentum has totally shifted, doesn’t it.” My reaction to both of these comments was “Shut the fuck up!”

Coma
    Participant

I take back what I said about Dion earlier this week. What a choad.

He went form zero to asshole rather quickly, what a cunt. Enjoy your super bowl you prick, see how well it went for Jacksonville.

Tennessee’s next two games are at Indianapolis and at Houston. If they can win those, the rest of their schedule looks very favorable (Jets, Jaguars, @Giants, Redskins and Colts) for a playoff push. If they can’t, then Dion will go from playing in the SB for a “cheap” team to watching the post season with a team that “respects” him.

Lebron
    Participant

Bill shaming Bedard was totally worth the loss.  You’d think a guy that watches 8 hours of film would understand targeting receivers.

Participant

BLUEPRINT Game per the region’s #1 rated bully of 5 year old girls

From Fatty’s fuck-me-in-the-ass column:

h. If there’d been Twitter in 1973, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein would have felt the ire of the Nixon-right-or-wrong crowd as bad as, or worse than, Jim Acosta’s feeling it now. There’s something Woodward and Bernstein can be thankful.

Let’s start with the smaller issue of grammar, and how either Fatty can’t write for shit or his proofreader can’t proof for shit.

There’s something Woodward and Bernstein can be thankful.

Maybe that’s exactly how he wrote it, and it’s a failure on both their parts. Or maybe Fatty wrote “thankful for”, and Dom had a conniption, thinking he couldn’t end a sentence with a preposition,  but failing to add “for which” before Woodward.

But look at the larger, ridiculous message here. Woodward and Bernstein were “lucky” they never had to face Twitter blowback? Jesus. Does Fatty even understand the very real threats to Woodward and Bernstein for the things they were writing? Or to the existential threat to the Post in general? And they’re supposed to be thankful for how lucky they were not to face the 1973 equivalent of Bill Mitchell or Jacob fucking Wohl? JFC. That’d be the least of their concerns.

r. Seattle to Kansas City, nonstop, Alaska Airlines, 9:50 a.m. Saturday. Mimosas ordered by my seatmate in first 105 minutes of the flight: six. Waking minutes in last 100 minutes of the flight: zero.

s. I haven’t caught on to that morning drinking thing. Maybe one day.

Pete, it’s not a trend. It’s the fact they have to sit next to Peter King.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Zo is not happy. At all.

He’s not wrong.

I feel like I posted this before, but I realized yesterday that I hate Zolak’s commentary no matter what he says. I listened to most of the first quarter yesterday. At 10-3 and 17-3, Zolak’s main contribution was to repeat “These guys need to wake up” or some variation of that. Once the defense forced a 3 and out and the offense started moving the ball, he said “It seems like the momentum has totally shifted, doesn’t it.” My reaction to both of these comments was “Shut the fuck up!”

It’s so bad.  And then the faux insider drops like:  “They ran a PX-5 right there.”

Participant

The one eyed wallpaper paste water went from “they’ve figure Mariota out” to “They stink” mode in a 4 play span

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Zolak’s entire color commentary career could be called “game-thread drunk uncle”.

Lebron
    Participant

Guy is on a Saturday morning flight, downed 6 mimosas and passed out for the remainder of the flight?  I wish I sat next to a guy like that on every flight.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Guy is on a Saturday morning flight, downed 6 mimosas and passed out for the remainder of the flight? I wish I sat next to a guy like that on every flight.

Pete would have been horrified by my performance on a recent JetBlue Mint flight.  Given how much I was laughing at Office Space, maybe I should have been cut off.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

6 mimosas isn’t really even that aggressive, is it? My mom drinks those on Christmas morning, I think 6 with a nap is an appropriate breakfast. 100% of your daily Vitamin C, Peter!  :pk:

Lebron
    Participant

Then he mentions the person behind him with a dog.  What the fuck, you fly enough, Lord knows you’re wildly overpaid, buy a set of noise cancelling headphones and zone out like every other normal person who flies.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Well those aggravating travel notes aren’t going to write themselves. This is the VALUE CONTENT that his readers demand.

Lebron
    Participant

Mahomes’s girlfriend’s stepdad died at the game yesterday?  How has Pete not called an emergency press conference on this?  Dr. Frankenstein, to the content lab, STAT!

Big Fat O
    Participant

I wish we all could meet Fattys lofty standards of life. The world would be a better place.

Feejis
    Participant

Airplane mimosa is what, 4 ounces of liquid, tops? 6 drinks “seems” like a lot but not really.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Mahomes’s girlfriend’s stepdad died at the game yesterday? How has Pete not called an emergency press conference on this? Dr. Frankenstein, to the content lab, STAT!

Mr. James Woods “They’re not married and he’s not her real dad. Whats the big deal.”

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Stan Lee dead at 95 which will make his next set of movie cameos logistically challenging.

Coma
    Participant

Stan Lee dead at 95 which will make his next set of movie cameos logistically challenging.

It’s Marvel comics. They’ll bring him back within 12 issues.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Mr. James Woods “Hit the dirt pal. Marty Scorsese told me Spiderman was the Henry Hill of superheroes…a tattle tale and a rat.”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Booooooo

The East Street bridge in Westwood, the century-old bridge that occasionally opened up trucks like cans of corn, is no more.

The MBTA and MassDOT replaced the low-hanging railroad span over the weekend as part of a $12 million project expected to increase safety for residents living near the bridge, increase travel time for road commuters and end a traffic problem.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar