Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/11 to 11/17/2019 Weekly Thread — Bye Week ends next Sunday!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Death to Flying Things” (Eagles)

Lebron
    Participant

Media cheerleaders latching on hard to the Ravens what with the Saints and Chiefs puking on themselves.  Cowboys too.

Participant

EDIT:  Put this in last weeks thread by accident.

Hey Crissy Collinsworth, did you hear about Dak’s mom?

Collinsworth said during the second quarter of the Cowboys-Vikings game that Prescott bought a house for his mother, Peggy, who died of colon cancer at the age of 52 in 2013.”

Apparently not.

Fatty gives Buffalo no respect:

If the playoffs started today, Pittsburgh would be the AFC’s sixth seed, a charming wild-card team. Don’t chortle. Pittsburgh’s next six foes are a combined 17-37-1. You think they won’t be in the playoff hunt with Cleveland, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo and the Jets between now and Christmas.

And I’d bet Pittsburgh loses one of those Browns games.

If that doesn’t get better, and if the special teams don’t get fixed, I doubt the Chiefs will win the division, even with a healthy Mahomes, who was terrific on a 446-yard performance in Nashville. He deserved a better fate. 

Did Fatty say this when Brady threw for 505 against the Eagles?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

If that doesn’t get better, and if the special teams don’t get fixed, I doubt the Chiefs will win the division, even with a healthy Mahomes, who was terrific on a 446-yard performance in Nashville. He deserved a better fate.

Did Fatty say this when Brady threw for 505 against the Eagles?

Old Pal Ryan Clark, thought the same.

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It GIFs - Find & Share on ...

That Fatty has six mentions of Mason Rudolph, but not one of Kyle Rudolph, tells me he barely watched any of last night’s game.

Lebron
    Participant

Fatty gives Buffalo no respect:

If the playoffs started today, Pittsburgh would be the AFC’s sixth seed, a charming wild-card team. Don’t chortle. Pittsburgh’s next six foes are a combined 17-37-1. You think they won’t be in the playoff hunt with Cleveland, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo and the Jets between now and Christmas.

And I’d bet Pittsburgh loses one of those Browns games.

Is he asking a question in that last sentence or just telling the reader what to think?  And who chortles anyhow?

Participant

So we have two fairness teams and a wild card team that’s charming, which team is Miss Congeniality?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

• Inexplicably, the Falcons held the Saints without a touchdown in New Orleans. (Oh, and in the battle of Louisiana: LSU 46, Saints 9.)

What the hell?  LSU is a college team that played another college team in Alabama.  The Saints are a professional team that played another professional team in the Atlanta Falcons.  Who the fuck makes that comparison?

Lebron
    Participant

It’s not the biggest deal in the world, but just wondering who is feeding NFL information to Verizon. You see that commercial, with these common folk saying how cool it is that Verizon can get them into all these cool concerts and exclusive NFL things? And this guy says, all excited, “Verizon got me into the NFL combine! They don’t even sell tickets to this thing!”

What an absolute cunt.  He’s ass hurt because someone is ‘feeding’ NFL information to Verizon and not him?  They aren’t even responsible journalists, like me!  Or maybe he’s ass hurt that a non member of the media was allowed to the combine?  It’s not a big deal though.  Passive aggressive fat fucking load.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

• Inexplicably, the Falcons held the Saints without a touchdown in New Orleans. (Oh, and in the battle of Louisiana: LSU 46, Saints 9.)

What the hell? LSU is a college team that played another college team in Alabama. The Saints are a professional team that played another professional team in the Atlanta Falcons. Who the fuck makes that comparison?

C’mon, it would be surprising if King didn’t make some dumbass, nonsensical comparison.

As for “chortle,” I mentioned in the past I have a copy PK’s Inside The Helmet book. For over 20 years, I haven’t been able to get through it, even as a hate-read. One line I do remember is when King is discussing teams trying and failing to find great pass rushers at the top of the draft. He uses the example of the Colts taking Jon Hand high in 1986 draft and sums it up with “History chortles at them.”

Who chortles? Dickheads.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Steelers are about as charming as black lung disease.

Suzy
    Participant

It’s not the biggest deal in the world, but just wondering who is feeding NFL information to Verizon. You see that commercial, with these common folk saying how cool it is that Verizon can get them into all these cool concerts and exclusive NFL things? And this guy says, all excited, “Verizon got me into the NFL combine! They don’t even sell tickets to this thing!”

What an absolute cunt. He’s ass hurt because someone is ‘feeding’ NFL information to Verizon and not him? They aren’t even responsible journalists, like me! Or maybe he’s ass hurt that a non member of the media was allowed to the combine? It’s not a big deal though. Passive aggressive fat fucking load.

Just the worst. He’s clearly upset and his high horse shitting on “common folk” (who the fuck would even say that?) is beyond the pale even for him. Can’t write worth crap as usual, using the word “cool” twice in one sentence (though it doesn’t help that he throws his horse shit column together in five minutes). As you so accurately express it, an absolute cunt.

Participant

When Waxpack is breaking down how long it takes Sony to “hit the hole” it’s really time to shut down and retool. Mother of gawd.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Maybe we shouldn’t count special teams so that it can be fair to Mahomes.     #Fairnessbowl

Lebron
    Participant

Pete and the gang don’t understand the basic concept of the team in football.  It’s always this ‘player’ deserves better.  So just that one player, he’s the only player on the team that deserves better, the rest deserve what they get?  Fuck them?  This one guy is above it all?  It’s amazing how terrible they are across such a broad spectrum.

Lebron
    Participant

If you are looking to get a head start on your bulimia program, take a run around twitter and the media slobbering all over the Brother John/Lamar Jackson sideline snippet from yesterday where BJ says kids will be wearing your number.

Coma
    Participant

Pete and the gang don’t understand the basic concept of the team in football. It’s always this ‘player’ deserves better. So just that one player, he’s the only player on the team that deserves better, the rest deserve what they get? Fuck them? This one guy is above it all? It’s amazing how terrible they are across such a broad spectrum.

After the Patriots-Packers game last year, Pete bemoaned the fact that a relatively anonymous running back fumbled late in the game and ruined Aaron Rodgers chances to win the game. He didn’t say that Rodgers “deserved” better, but it was clear that his fate was more important than everyone else’s.

Pete and the gang don’t understand the basic concept of the team in football. It’s always this ‘player’ deserves better. So just that one player, he’s the only player on the team that deserves better, the rest deserve what they get? Fuck them? This one guy is above it all? It’s amazing how terrible they are across such a broad spectrum.

After the Patriots-Packers game last year, Pete bemoaned the fact that a relatively anonymous running back fumbled late in the game and ruined Aaron Rodgers chances to win the game. He didn’t say that Rodgers “deserved” better, but it was clear that his fate was more important than everyone else’s.

It’s absolutely his mindset. Whenever he talks about upcoming games, he always frames it in terms of who the quarterbacks are, or if the quarterback isn’t up to his superstar standards, whomever is the closest facsimile of a superstar player on the team. He does it every week. He did it today:

The first NFL matchup of two of the NFL’s next wave of star quarterbacks—Deshaun Watson, 24, versus Lamar Jackson, 22

Lefty

Jesus, the early penalty calls against the Seattle defense are awfully picky.  Will be interesting to see if the whole game is called this way.

Lebron
    Participant

Garropolo keeps trying to hand the game to Seattle

Lefty

Jimmy G gets the ball in overtime, thus denying him a spot in the fairness bowl.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

These teams may set a record for possessions in an OT game.

Lefty

Here’s hoping the remaining 72 Dolphins choke on their champagne

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar