Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/15/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Bruins lose and Celtics win.

BC loses to IUPUI.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was up early and heard the beginning of M&C (ha ha).  What a self-pitying little couple they are.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m probably oversimplifying it, but wasn’t the nature of the Kirk and Callahan show (before his med leave) a long debate over who should sit in tomorrow, and why (Reimer/Mut/Tomase etc) sucks and it should be (Reimer/Mut/tomase) who sits in instead? This is what people are lighting candles over?

I’ll admit I tuned in for 10 minutes or so today (rte 10 rerouting traffic to blame) It sounded scripted and boring.  Both shows are doomed

Participant

Things will go fine until Kirk is told NO again – a temper tantrum will follow.

chicowalker
    Participant

Isn’t this just him playing out the string of his contract? Kirk is Milton and the Swingline is the 250 or so of his (lily) White Knights who have the inclination and capacity to find the app store and hit download

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Isn’t this just him playing out the string of his contract? Kirk is Milton and the Swingline is the 250 or so of his (lily) White Knights who have the inclination and capacity to find the app store and hit download

That’s what I thought. Some guy writes about the show claiming inside sources and he claimed that Entercom was never going to let Kirk out of his contract. This radio.com is just forcing Kirk to earn his paychecks on his trip to irrelevancy.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

jforb
    Participant

Is it forcing him to honor the contract or keeping him around so he doesn’t sue?

Suzy
    Participant

Is it forcing him to honor the contract or keeping him around so he doesn’t sue?

Sue for what?

Kirk’s a douche but he was semi-amusing today when he wished Callahole luck filling four hours with Mut. He’s right–that show is done.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t see his appeal beyond the idiot Boston sports fan, but I suspect this is part of the thinking.

He would’ve possibly gone to Barstool and directly competed against them. But I’m assuming his contract was professionally negotiated by agents with knowledge of the business and said something about him actually being given on air work. So they have him do this, hope Barstool radio fails or whatever and then have him fade away in obscurity.

If they tried to keep him off the air for the duration of his deal, I would imagine he would win any fight about that.

Participant

Everyone knows Boston Herald radio is where it’s at….

Image result for Boston Herald Radio Jen and Meter

Rickkyboy
    Participant

BC loses to IUPUI.

Was watching some of the BC game but didn’t stick it out to the end. Was annoyed they referred to IUPUI by their initials so every mention was “eye you pee you eye” instead of the way the locals in IN call it “youee peeyoueee”

Bonus Fact: my uncle was a professor of Russian Language and History there in the 80’s.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Rickkyboy.

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t know how you don’t kill yourself if you’re in that industry.  Imagine being reduced to ‘we need a promo photo, maybe just point at the camera!’

How much can these people be getting paid?  Like the afternoon drive guys here, the show is 3-6.  15 hours a week.  Promo appearances I guess.  But it can’t be that much.  so they end up doing any bit of voice/promo work that they can get.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I don’t know how you don’t kill yourself if you’re in that industry. Imagine being reduced to ‘we need a promo photo, maybe just point at the camera!’

How much can these people be getting paid? Like the afternoon drive guys here, the show is 3-6. 15 hours a week. Promo appearances I guess. But it can’t be that much. so they end up doing any bit of voice/promo work that they can get.

You have to hope to be fat or bald to get in on the weight loss/hairplugs charade.

Lebron
    Participant

Steelers seem like a great bunch of guys.  Turn your head for 5 seconds and someone steals your shit.  Great organization you got there.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Sue for what?

Mental disability discrimination or some such thing.

Lebron
    Participant

All of this shit is terrible.  People who think Minihane is great, people that think Barstool is great.  What the fuck?  People calling Portnoy El Prez or whatever, how much of a complete fucking loser do you have to be to do that?  Ooooh, they’re edgy!  It’s a gigantic circle jerk of guys that shockingly like boobs and feel part of the ‘in’ crowd making fun of the Deadspin nerds.  Jesus Christ.

Lebron
    Participant

Roy Clark won’t be down to host Hee Haw.

Big Fat O
    Participant

He was still alive  :ohmy:

Lebron
    Participant

I was stunned he was ‘only’ 85.

Humphrey
    Participant

BC loses to IUPUI.

Was watching some of the BC game but didn’t stick it out to the end. Was annoyed they referred to IUPUI by their initials so every mention was “eye you pee you eye” instead of the way the locals in IN call it “youee peeyoueee”

Bonus Fact: my uncle was a professor of Russian Language and History there in the 80’s.

I usually skip over the “pee” in the middle and call it Youee pooee. Easier even if wrong.

IPFW for sports is now Purdue Fort Worth.

Humphrey
    Participant

Country music bears little resemblance to the genre when Hee Haw ruled the roost.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Mookie runs away with MVP, with 28 of 30 first-place votes (Trout and J.D. got the others) and two second place votes.

:wub:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

But Belichick can’t draft!

And on the other side:

Lebron
    Participant

Mookie runs away with MVP, with 28 of 30 first-place votes (Trout and J.D. got the others) and two second place votes.

:wub:

Heard Wilbon complaining about deGrom getting the Cy Young because he only had 10 wins and wins are everything.  Apparently even ERA is like lasers and robots to the baseball dinosaurs.

Lebron
    Participant

No one loves Aaron Rodgers more than Aaron Rodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar