Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/16/2018 Daily Thread – Slush Day

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

[Cue picture of tiny weathergirl]

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s rough out there.

Day 2 of WEEI navel gazing radio.  Click.

Lebron
    Participant

Watching/listening to announcers gush over Rodgers reminds me of all the shit Alex Rodriguez used to get for hitting insignificant home runs.  All the ‘another unbelievable/how did he do that throw from Aaron Rodgers!’ and oh wait the Packers lose again.

Participant

It’s rough out there.

Day 2 of WEEI navel gazing radio. Click.

:lol: Gerry’s last days on radio are gonna be spent getting his ass handed to him by this.

Fred is heading to Philadelphia for the Thanksgiving break.  That means losts of llardo clowns and a urinal?  Rich has an interesting story and callers chime in.  Chris Forsberg from NBCSports Boston discusses the Celtics.  Patriots owner Robert kraft shoots down rumors of a free agent quarterback coming to New England.

Zolak’s reads excerpts from his new books.  Are they real or fake?  Bert Breer from MMQB comes in-studio for the rest of the hour and discusses the Patriots, Josh McDaniels head coaching potential in another city and more.

T&R kick things off with Ketchup and snow….   The Red Sox have increased ticket prices.  There’s an update on Chara’s health.  Green Bay lost in Seattle last night.  Is all hope lost in Green Bay?  Fred enjoys ASMR videos.

NASCL
    Participant

Better late than never

Participant

I don’t see Kirk hiding behind his “mental health leave” for the rest of his days – AT ALL.

Texted for a comment on her story in the Globe. Had three questions: Any reason you didn’t call me for a comment before this hit job? And why didn’t you mention my mental health leave? Or your own relationship with Murchison? Shockingly, no response.

Lebron
    Participant

He’s lucky anyone is covering his pathetic ‘story.’  He’s a fucking nobody.  I’m still laughing at his comments last week or week before about how he ‘built’ a show and brought it to number one.  Yeah Kirk, I built a newspaper delivery/snow shoveling/lawn cutting empire, brought it to number one in my neighborhood.  When I was like 12.  No press.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If T&R could get their shit together they could kick EEIs ass every quarter.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Kyries going nuts.

Tied at the last minute…

:lol:

Can’t understand how he failed as an NFL exec.

Lebron
    Participant

Like the people who want guys in the room to challenge Bill.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Sad moon face for the launch of Bradford’s 6-10pm show.In my 20-minute drive to meet friends, he:

—  did a “if these walls could talk” monologue surveying the soon-to-be-abandoned WEEI studios. All the history here! This first ever D&C show. All that was missing was “Memories” playing softly in the background.  It was obvious that he was alone there with the possibility of a producer or cleaning person shuffling in another part of the building. Loneliness would be a theme this fateful night.

— engaged in Phone-a-Friend. This was probably framed before I tuned in, but it appeared that he had texted his old pals, colleagues, and Legends of the Hottake Table to call in and give benediction to his new show. And eat up time. 4 hours is a long time when … it’s just you.

— received and overextended his single response to his “Welcome Me!” rallying cry: Butch Stearns. They talked in generalities about the greatness of the station and the men who drove it to glory. Or something like that. To be candid, Stearns’ voice sounds like a bloodhound’s snoring  to me. But it did eat up some time. Maybe an eternity.

— thanked his one guest (apparently the phone lines were not lit) and dubbed him “the great Butch Stearns.”

— used the now-free time to gin up excitement about his previously scheduled guest — Ryan Hannable.

— as I arrived at my destination, the two were involved in a conversation that no one would ever want to join: plans for Hannable’s wedding next summer. Riveting radio.

So there you have it. WEEI has unleashed the power of the B-team it had seasoning in the lower levels. World domination is imminent.

Humphrey
    Participant

Sad moon face for the launch of Bradford’s 6-10pm show.In my 20-minute drive to meet friends, he:

— did a “if these walls could talk” monologue surveying the soon-to-be-abandoned WEEI studios. All the history here! This first ever D&C show. All that was missing was “Memories” playing softly in the background. It was obvious that he was alone there with the possibility of a producer or cleaning person shuffling in another part of the building. Loneliness would be a theme this fateful night.

— engaged in Phone-a-Friend. This was probably framed before I tuned in, but it appeared that he had texted his old pals, colleagues, and Legends of the Hottake Table to call in and give benediction to his new show. And eat up time. 4 hours is a long time when … it’s just you.

— received and overextended his single response to his “Welcome Me!” rallying cry: Butch Stearns. They talked in generalities about the greatness of the station and the men who drove it to glory. Or something like that. To be candid, Stearns’ voice sounds like a bloodhound’s snoring to me. But it did eat up some time. Maybe an eternity.

— thanked his one guest (apparently the phone lines were not lit) and dubbed him “the great Butch Stearns.”

— used the now-free time to gin up excitement about his previously scheduled guest — Ryan Hannable.

— as I arrived at my destination, the two were involved in a conversation that no one would ever want to join: plans for Hannable’s wedding next summer. Riveting radio.

So there you have it. WEEI has unleashed the power of the B-team it had seasoning in the lower levels. World domination is imminent.

In other words it had you asking “geez, what’s Mike Adams up to these days. He had a hell of a show” http://bsmw.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/laugh.gif

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar