Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/17-11/18/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 32 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Harvard-Yale

Fenway is actually more comfortable than Harvard Stadium.

Coma
    Participant

What would be better? To have Mike Francesa have no idea who you are when you die or to have Francesa talk about how well he knew you, how much you two talked, but he’s unaware that you died.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I can’t believe I’m rooting for Maryland. I hate Maryland.

Lebron
    Participant

I can’t believe I’m rooting for Maryland. I hate Maryland.

This game has it all including Urb faking a heart attack and a holy roller touchdown

jforb
    Participant

What a shitty throw to lose

Coma
    Participant

These ND pinstriped uniforms are some kind of terrible.

Lebron
    Participant

What a shitty throw to lose

No kidding.  Had the guy and it was a garbage throw.  I hate rollouts on 2 point conversion plays.  Basically if you roll out and it’s covered you’re fucked.

Lebron
    Participant

Dana Holgersen looks like a homeless bum.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Grande likes to suttly piss in the Cheerios. He loves to give these little digs against the team either winning or loosing.

Ok Flashboy, we know their not doing well but you don’t need to keep reminding us.

Coma
    Participant

Someone needs to tell him that the war is over and his hairline lost. Just accept it and cut what’s left short or shave it off.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nick ticks all the boxes today:

JP Ricciardi

Calling our old scouts who are friends/sources

Scott Boras water carrying

Denigrating analytics

Crediting Bobby Valentine

Anti defensive shifts

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

JP Ricciardi

Denigrating analytics

Anti defensive shifts

As a sign of his mastery, in one stroke he uses one binky (Boras) to advocate for another (fired Giants general manager Bobby Evans) by quoting the super-agent about Evans’ skill as a negotiator.  As Baccala once said of Uncle June, “I’m in orr” of Nick.   :smile:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

JP Ricciardi

Denigrating analytics

Anti defensive shifts

As a sign of his mastery, in one stroke he uses one binky (Boras) to advocate for another (fired Giants general manager Bobby Evans) by quoting the super-agent about Evans’ skill as a negotiator. As Baccala once said of Uncle June, “I’m in orr” of Nick. 🙂

EDIT: His J.P. blurb is downright amazing. He actually leads off his “updates” chapter with the breathless news that J.P. is negotiating with two — TWO!! — MLB clubs about some sort of front-office position, probably special assistant to the assistant general manager. And he lets J.P. use him as his mouthpiece to publicly thank THE WILPONS for eight great seasons with the Mets. Nick’s skills as an interviewer have never been better displayed; as well all know, getting two words out of Known Recluse J.P. Ricciardi is like getting thousands of them from someone like J.D. Salinger …  :lol:

Jesus. Instead of editing, I quoted my own post. I guess I’ll get the hang of this WordPress thingy one of these days.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s really a tour de force.

Claude45
    Participant

I can’t believe that this Condoleezza Rice/Browns HC interview story is not an Onion story. It would be awesome if they named her head coach. The only fan base that I have any sympathy for is the Browns. What a cluster fuck that franchise has been, including losing the team and seeing the Ravens have success after the move.

But what a disaster it would be to have Rice as head coach. It has to be just for some sort of publicity, why they want to appear a mess is beyond me, but it would be fun.

Humphrey
    Participant

Look at a video of the Colorado State coach from yesterday if you want to see the latest in hobo fashion.

Feejis
    Participant

I can’t believe that this Condoleezza Rice/Browns HC interview story is not an Onion story. It would be awesome if they named her head coach. The only fan base that I have any sympathy for is the Browns. What a cluster fuck that franchise has been, including losing the team and seeing the Ravens have success after the move.

But what a disaster it would be to have Rice as head coach. It has to be just for some sort of publicity, why they want to appear a mess is beyond me, but it would be fun.

I have a hard time believing she would actually accept that job. I know she’s a big fan and all that, but she’s a fairly accomplished individual. GM, maybe. HC is way too much work and there’s no way she could succeed.

Humphrey
    Participant

BC put themselves in position to be a prime CBS (Crap Bowl Series) contender, especially if they lose to Syracuse next week.

Detroit is always lovely in January.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Her name was bandied about for NFL commissioner pre-Goodell. Oh what could have been.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I almost want to see Rice take on the coaching job.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Given what’s out there Rice may be a good choice. The Browns usually go 0-16 so unless the can go negative numbers she can’t do any worse than they had.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Are we still scared of Team X?

Lefty

If you are RG3, aren’t you pissed that Brother Jim started this crappy rookie and not you?

jforb
    Participant

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If you are RG3, aren’t you pissed that Brother Jim started this crappy rookie and not you?

How much does RG3 actually care about playing?

I’m loving many of the results today. Particularly the shellacking of the Titans.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Fvck the Steelers.  And the Jaguars for sucking.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Tony Romo twice now wondered whether face mask calls should be called the 5 or 15 yard versions.

They did away with the 5 yard version 10 years ago, right?

Coma
    Participant

I wonder if Dion Lewis (10 rushes for 24 yards, 1 catch for 8 yards) will say that the Colts were more physical today and that’s why the Titans folded? Tennessee was so bad today, it almost killed Dean Pees.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If the team with the 2nd best record in the conference is the 1st Wild Card team like could happen with the Chargers this year, would the Chargers have homefield advantage over any team but KC?

jforb
    Participant

If the team with the 2nd best record in the conference is the 1st Wild Card team like could happen with the Chargers this year, would the Chargers have homefield advantage over any team but KC?

No, seedings determine home field.

Feejis
    Participant

Should be based on seeds when it starts, not records. Wild card team wouldn’t ever get a home game unless both wild cards make the championship game.

Claude45
    Participant

I love all these big Pats fans are saying the home field is done. As if the Chiefs, Steelers, etc. are locks to win out and the Pats are going 3-3. They’ll probably end up the 2 seed but still have a fair shot at the 1.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If I gave you the “NFC East rep will lose in their first playoff game by 14 or more points” prop, would you take it?

Right now the top Wild Card team looks like Minnesota or Carolina.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar