Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/19/2018 – 11/25/2018 Thanksgiving Week Thread

This topic contains 151 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 152 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Sweet irony if Reid wins a game because the other coach fucks up the clock

Feejis
    Participant

Nice defenses though.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So we like the Rams again?

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m utterly baffled by the Celtics.

How many career games have opposing guards had against them in this short sample set?

I only watched the last 9 minutes…did Brown get hurt? Only 19 minutes and his stat line wasn’t that bad compared to some other games.

Lebron
    Participant

Hopefully everyone has recovered from the greatest football game in the history of football games.  I heard they are going to stop playing football because it doesn’t get any better than that game.

Lebron
    Participant

Plus with the Celtics about to enter the lottery, might as well just give up.  And the Yankees getting Paxton, is Dombrowski asleep?

Lebron
    Participant

How old are the Stones, isn’t Watts like 80?  A stadium tour?  Christ.

Lebron
    Participant

Simple Pete

@peter_king

Tyreek Hill in these 2 games:
    Pats 43, KC 40
    Rams 54, KC 51

Receptions: 17
    Yards: 357
    TD: 5

How’d Chiefs lose both?

Um, the other team scored more points in each game?  Just a wild guess.

jforb
    Participant

How old are the Stones, isn’t Watts like 80? A stadium tour? Christ.

Didn’t he just have another kid?
    ed: nope, Jagger and Wood had within the last couple years though

Lebron
    Participant

Fultz out pending a shoulder exam.  That kid is a wreck.

jforb
    Participant

At the direction of his attorney/agent, that sounds interesting.

Lebron
    Participant

Ken Hitchcock hired again?  Trying to catch up with Mike Keenan I guess.

Lefty

Adrian Beltre retires.

must want to go somewhere where no one will touch his head.

Coma
    Participant

Hopefully everyone has recovered from the greatest football game in the history of football games. I heard they are going to stop playing football because it doesn’t get any better than that game.

I watched a decent chunk of the game and never heard Tessitore shout “SHOWTIME MAHOMES!!!!!!!” I feel cheated.

chicowalker
    Participant

During the brief period where I had it unmuted, it seems like “Boog” is the 2nd guy and “Wit” is being sent on pointless errands, only to occasionally return to the booth to offer a half second of anodyne analysis before “Tess” has another

over a seven yard pass

Coma
    Participant

One other note on MNF: The “all star” officiating crew called 21 total penalties for 195 yards on both teams (13/135 Chiefs, 8/60 Rams.) Would Blakeman’s regular crew of apparently inferior officials have called 30 penalties for 275 yards or fewer penalties, missing some key ones in the process?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Zolak had the balls to say Witten is the worse color man he’s ever heard. Guess he doesn’t listen to tapes of the games he calls.

Lebron
    Participant

Witten’s probably better than when they had guys like Kornheiser and Dennis fucking Miller.  Boomer Esiason.  OJ Simpson.  Joe Namath.  All those guys were terrible.  Witten sucks who knows he might get better.

Lebron
    Participant

One other note on MNF: The “all star” officiating crew called 21 total penalties for 195 yards on both teams (13/135 Chiefs, 8/60 Rams.) Would Blakeman’s regular crew of apparently inferior officials have called 30 penalties for 275 yards or fewer penalties, missing some key ones in the process?

Either Blakeman has the mic too amped or he sure slaps the shit out of his arm/hands when he calls penalties.  Every holding call you can hear his one hand slap the other wrist as he makes the signal.  I imagine it’s the same sound that Tyreek Hill made slapping his pregnant girlfriend.

Hopefully everyone has recovered from the greatest football game in the history of football games. I heard they are going to stop playing football because it doesn’t get any better than that game.

Both defenses got in on the ground floor of that “stop playing football” trend.

Participant

Poor Giovanni, what an unfortunate handle.

BRAVO: And it’s a wrap on Music Drives Us’ GuitARTSdisplay. The project — which had an ensemble of applauded artists like Thomas DunlayPeter H. ReynoldsGiovanni DeCunto and Dale Stephanos hand-paint a stringed instrument — just concluded with the local nonprofit auctioning off musical masterpieces. After showcasing the assortment of electric and acoustic guitars in public places throughout Norwood since September, Music Drives Us recently sold the pieces to raise funds for its mission to support music and arts education programs throughout New England.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

The officiating crew for the Pats game Sunday averages the most penalties/week – 21ish.

Referee is Shawn Hochuli, “Guns” Jr. Figures. Ugh.

Larry Legend
    Participant

Semifinalists for the Football  HOF were announced today…

Among those listed was old friend of BSMW, Tom Flores

Yahtzee
    Participant

Semifinalists for the Football HOF were announced today…

Wasn’t he killed at the 99 in Charlestown? Who would give his speech?

Larry Legend
    Participant

Semifinalists for the Football HOF were announced today…

Wasn’t he killed at the 99 in Charlestown? Who would give his speech?

Either Crespo or Womack

chicowalker
    Participant

I’ve never seen Jerry Maguire, save for the “show me the money” scene that was, for a time, generally unavoidable.  It was on Showtime last night, and I gave it a shot, but bailed after 30 minutes or so, it seemed terrible (Jay Mohr follows the “fire a guy in a crowded restaurant” protocol to avoid a scene, but not the “don’t let the guy hang out in his office after to poach his clients” :dry: ) anyway, point is I turned it off and went to bed.  Wife and daughter are home today, and my daughter decided not to sleep in.  My wife turns on the tv at like 6:15 to a woman blowing a pink dildo (“it was called Erotica something..”), and my daughter lighting her up with questions :ohmy:   :lol:    A. I didn’t know that showtime still offered that kind of late night fare and B. Shouldn’t that be reserved from, say, midnight to 4 or so? :blink:

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  chicowalker.

Feejis
    Participant

We’ve all been there.

That’s what parental controls are for my good man.

Lefty

That’s awful Chico.

What channel was that again?

Participant

As always, finger on the pulse…..

Oct 11

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:I think maybe Showtime Exxxtreme!

Yahtzee
    Participant

We’ve all been there.

We’ve all been where exactly?

chicowalker
    Participant

We’ve all been there.

All of your children have seen Shannon Tweed’s granddaughter blow a dildo. Duh!

Feejis
    Participant

We’ve all been there.

Kids flipping on the TV under their own power. Mine haven’t seen adult films but they have witnessed scenes that probably  shouldn’t have been seen. Specific incident that led me to putting the password on was one of the fight scenes from Underworld when my oldest was like 6-7.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Feejis.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Feejis.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just making sure you were talking about watching vs blowing.

Whew.

Lebron
    Participant

My favorite is getting a Comcast/Xfinity bill one month for 60 bucks or so more than usual, perusing the bill and seeing my kid purchased some Kim Kardashian pay per views.  No idea what it was.  Called Comcast to say hey it even says they weren’t watched and then getting a lecture from a phone jockey about using parental controls or keeping a better eye on my kid.

RedSeat
    Participant

I flipped on the TV to watch football with Booster Seat and was greeted with a full frontal shot of a guy. It was on HBO at like 8:00. I put the parental controls on after that for my own benefit.

I believe the show was “The Deuce” in case Doncabesa is still checking the board these days.

chicowalker
    Participant

I flipped on the TV to watch football with Booster Seat and was greeted with a full frontal shot of a guy. It was on HBO at like 8:00. I put the parental controls on after that for my own benefit.

I believe the show was “The Deuce” in case Doncabesa is still checking the board these days.

:lol:   Flipping through the channels the other night found Super Troopers on HBO.  My wife has never seen it and looked at me like the idiot I am for laughing at the stupid shit, but she left the room like Drinkwater after the final out when Farva went full frontal during his de-lousing :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

I think they’ve unearthed a couple of Rs that Stormy Daniels allegedly had something to do with.

Humphrey
    Participant

As always, finger on the pulse…..

Oct 11

I’m sure a game Thursday morning with the temperature hovering around 20 would attract a bunch of locals/seniors who have no relatives playing. The number of places in Massachusetts where high school football has a camp following are few if any.

Oh for fuck’s sake:

Doncabesa
    Participant

:wub: what a show (never seen it, blech too James Franco-ey)

Lebron
    Participant

What more is there to show than this:

Down 7-0 he fumbles on the Niners 5, they proceed to drive 92 yards for a touchdown to go up 14-0.  Bengals lose by 5.  Good job good effort.

That game might have been the first time I saw a real goal line stand.  And the one stop where the Niners only had 10 guys on the field.  The Bunz tackle on the screen pass still might be the best open field tackle I’ve ever seen.

Lebron
    Participant

Forgot to complete the thought that all of the ‘just hand it off and the Seahawks win 49’ wasn’t necessarily true, at all.  Pete Johnson was a big fucking bitch and they slammed him in there 3 times, or maybe it was twice, and nothing.  That swing pass, nothing.  Still gotta get the ball in.

Participant

Collinsworth has 140 fewer receptions, 332 more yards and 5 more tds in the regular season and 37 fewer receptions, 340 fewer yards and 1 less td than Troy Brown in the postseason.

When does Troy’s Football Life air?

Claude45
    Participant

Sure Chico, that explains it being on when the TV turned on but how do you explain that it’s on the DVR?

When’s Neil Hornsby’s A Football Life?

chicowalker
    Participant

Did this make it into the Collinsworth football life?

Cindy   -2.5 braces kept chafing me, worried more about Algebra homework than my pleasure

Susie +1.4 let me spank her with her Trapper Keeper

Juanita -3.2 game for anything, but seemed more impressed I knew fucking Munoz than being with me

“I like girls who aren’t too bright cuz you can trick ’em a little.”

:lol:

jforb
    Participant

When’s Neil Hornsby’s A Football Life?

DVR’d for later viewing/analysis.

Coma
    Participant

I never had Chico’s experience with kids and cable, but I definitely learned to change my viewing habits. After my daughter was born, I heard from someone that infants can’t really focus on anything beyond a few feet for several months. I never bothered to verify this and took it as permission to watch what I usually watched if I was giving the baby a bottle. This worked fine until one feeding where I saw that Alien was just starting. I figured not much happens early in the movie and put it on. After about 30 seconds of the opening music, the baby starts crying. I change the channel and she stops. I change it back to the movie and she crying starts again. The opening credits were still rolling, we hadn’t even met the crew or landed on LV-426. That’s when I realized I was going to have to watch what the kid might like.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar