Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/19/2018 – 11/25/2018 Thanksgiving Week Thread

This topic contains 151 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 152 total)
  • Author

TJM
    Participant

Wife had her ultrasound today inducing December 1st Liliana is coming in hot

TJM
    Participant

Just in time to claim on taxes good girl

Big Fat O
    Participant

Great news TJM. Enjoy your last few days of relaxation.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

This Celtics team is BS. Down 20 early to the Knicks!

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s amazing how the shots won’t fall for the Celtics.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Losing to the Knicks would be rock bottom, right?

jforb
    Participant

Great news TJM. Enjoy your last few days of relaxation.

Congrats and have some reading material

Suzy
    Participant

Wife had her ultrasound today inducing December 1st Liliana is coming in hot

What wonderful news & what a beautiful name! Congrats, TJM!  :wub:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Congrats to you and the now-growing family.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

I’m 3 mimosas deep already. Someone alert Pete King. Happy Thanksgiving!  :pk:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Don’t understand the Lions not going for it there.

Humphrey
    Participant

Don’t understand the Lions not going for it there.

I don’t understand them going for two when it was 16-13. Then again, it’s the Lions, doesn’t matter who’s coaching them

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well, this game got un fun fast.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Austin Carr – why can’t we get players like that – Lobel, B

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Random thought: Remember David Given’s reception in the Carolina in the Super Bowl where he shoved the CB to the ground then caught a pass? Just wondering if that’s still legal or not.

Claude45
    Participant

Random thought: Remember David Given’s reception in the Carolina in the Super Bowl where he shoved the CB to the ground then caught a pass? Just wondering if that’s still legal or not.

If it’s not now, it will be soon. After all the “greatest game ever talk Monday”, I’m sure the NFL will keep moving in that direction. I’ve heard a couple of analysts say that they need to make it legal to bump a receiver for 10 yards to give the defenses a chance. Those guys aren’t getting it. The league wants this and more. It’s more likely they eliminate any contact with a receiver. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them remove the 5 yard rule all together if scoring slips.

This current NFL management is ruining the game but by all means, what we watched Monday was the greatest thing ever.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Losing to the 3-15 Hawks to fall under .500 would be rock bottom, right?

jforb
    Participant

Losing to the 3-15 Hawks to fall under .500 would be rock bottom, right?

Blowing a 20 point lead to do so might be. Not happening though.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It doesn’t sound right without Mike Gorman. While Rozier is a nice player anyone who thinks they should keep him over Irving needs to have their head examined.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bob McNair won’t be down for Texas Toast.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Will he not be down to make DeflateGate innuendos and alienate players over the anthem issue?

Coma
    Participant

Letterman jackets for the pallbearers?

Lebron
    Participant

If it’s not now, it will be soon. After all the “greatest game ever talk Monday”, I’m sure the NFL will keep moving in that direction. I’ve heard a couple of analysts say that they need to make it legal to bump a receiver for 10 yards to give the defenses a chance. Those guys aren’t getting it. The league wants this and more. It’s more likely they eliminate any contact with a receiver. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them remove the 5 yard rule all together if scoring slips.

This current NFL management is ruining the game but by all means, what we watched Monday was the greatest thing ever.

I’ll never forget Goodell’s comment on the catch rules.  Fans want catches.  So just reverse engineer and give the people what they want.

Lebron
    Participant

Will he not be down to make DeflateGate innuendos and alienate players over the anthem issue?

Needed a refresher on what he said as it’s hard to keep track of them all.  JJ  Watt wouldn’t have destroyed his cell phone!

Coma
    Participant

We’ve made it through Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday. The next big questions is, when is the It’s A Wonderful Life watchalong?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Nothing like being woken at 6:15 because your neighbor had his kid for the weekend and was pounding on the horn screaming get your f’n stuff, get the f’n dog and get the f in the car now. :ozzy:

Two kids home for Thanksgiving. Youngest has been asleep more than awake. All my beer is gone.

I have to run the youngest to the airport sunday morning and want to leave by 7am . That should be a hoot and a half.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

As always, finger on the pulse…..

Oct 11

I’m sure a game Thursday morning with the temperature hovering around 20 would attract a bunch of locals/seniors who have no relatives playing. The number of places in Massachusetts where high school football has a camp following are few if any.

Framingham/Natick was played at Fenway Wed eve. Tix were $20/person. Between that, driving in, parking and food, there is no way I’m going now that my kids are out of school. Crowd seems sparse from the pics I saw. Once my youngest stopped playing after sophomore season, I haven’t been to a game since.

I will take in a basketball game or two. Still know the players and the coach like both my kids that played for him.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I never had Chico’s experience with kids and cable, but I definitely learned to change my viewing habits. After my daughter was born, I heard from someone that infants can’t really focus on anything beyond a few feet for several months. I never bothered to verify this and took it as permission to watch what I usually watched if I was giving the baby a bottle. This worked fine until one feeding where I saw that Alien was just starting. I figured not much happens early in the movie and put it on. After about 30 seconds of the opening music, the baby starts crying. I change the channel and she stops. I change it back to the movie and she crying starts again. The opening credits were still rolling, we hadn’t even met the crew or landed on LV-426. That’s when I realized I was going to have to watch what the kid might like.

Then there was the time Austin Powers was on and my oldest heard “shit” for the first time as a 3 year old. I laughed and thought nothing of it. Mrs RB comes home and the first thing the kid says is “shit”.  :wall:

Lebron
    Participant

Brother Jim can’t win a meaningful game to save his life

jforb
    Participant

I liked Fox advertising it as fiercest rivalry in sports. Meanwhile in Argentina…

Lebron
    Participant

Even UNC-NC State had a fight.  Michigan-Ohio St is nothing more than a couple of self important douchebags playing a game

Humphrey
    Participant

But a guy on BC jumped offside on 4th and 5 TWICE, giving Syracuse a first down both times.

Then, on 4th and 10 he jumped offside AGAIN. But on this one, for good measure, as the “free play” went on, he roughed the passer.

Somehow, after all of this, the kid was still in the game and his ass wasn’t glued to the bench. Couldn’t believe that.

Participant

Jim was doomed this morning when Francesa proclaimed that Michigan’s defense is one of the few defenses in college football that can dictate how the games played.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Celtics really have the #1 three point defense this season like Grande says? I’d have thought that that’d be one of the areas where they backslid in this early season mediocrity.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Here’s Mittens’ Headline Insider Analysis:

“If the Patriots don’t play well on the road,

the may not have a first-round bye.”

Almost Breer-like in its depth and insight.

Lefty

So, Dwight Howard has had an interesting day

not that there’s anything wrong with…….

Nashua Dad
    Participant

BB must remind the team that at the Jets is historically a high penalty game.

Doncabesa
    Participant

This is infuriating to watch, these frigging refs. :wall:

Doncabesa
    Participant

So, Dwight Howard has had an interesting day

not that there’s anything wrong with…….

What man with a prostate wouldn….. wait

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

And we thought Ed Hochuli was bad…

Nashua Dad
    Participant

This is a joke right?

jforb
    Participant

Blatant hands to the face by the Jets on both drives there.

Humphrey
    Participant

Is there some unwritten rule that any CBS non-feature game involving the Pats must imvolve Fputs?

Lefty

Andrew Luck missed the better part of two full seasons with a shoulder that is like hamburger.   So, the refreshing Frank Reich has had him go out for passes in each of the last two games and today he got tackled fairly solidly.   Hate to see the guy get hurt, but if they keep this shit up it would serve them right if he gets hurt again.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That was fvcking delicious. Tonight, we’re all Broncos.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I think the Chargers roll the Steelers next week. Last 2 weeks Steelers look terrible aside from limited stretches where they seem to be completely out of it and just wing it and are 50/50 on that working out. I also think the Chargers beat KC in a few weeks. If not, I blame the beer.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was at 5 thumbs up a couple of minutes ago on the Steelers loss.  Someone swooped in with a thumbs down. Boooooo.

I know we’re not a row of chairs, but cmon. If we can’t agree on that …

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Yahtzee.

Lebron
    Participant

Amazing how often they fuck up the penalties on roughing or running into kickers

Lebron
    Participant

Brutally Honest Zim is a douchebag

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not going to put the game in the hands of a kicker.  Because leaving the game in your hands has produced what exactly?

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar