Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/2/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 39 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Gimp 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Celts set the franchise three pointers made record last night.

Jimmy G. Wally Pipped last night?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Dr. Z won’t be wheeled down for tapioca.

(Which everyone knew yesterday except for me, I guess. :lol:  )

Lebron
    Participant

Apparently Hue Jackson is claiming all would have been well if they let him run the offense and they drafted Carson Wentz like he wanted to.  He and Gruden belong in the nuthouse.

Claude45
    Participant

Buffalo couldn’t even beat New England in this? For shame! AFC East is full of drinking tomato cans! (Not sure how official these rankings are)

The NFL Teams with the Drunkest Fanbases:

#1 Dallas

#2 New England

#3 New Orleans

#4 Arizona

#5 Indianapolis

#6 Minnesota

#7 San Francisco

#8 Tennessee

#9 Green Bay

#10 Miami

jforb
    Participant

Anyone ever see ‘media’ begging for tickets before?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’d like to see the folks that put together that drunken fanbase list to release their raw data like Propublica does. :dry:   :lol:

Participant

Our office ones went for $700 each on the stubhub with the young people and they weren’t up there a day….. lower bowl but Berman level back, back, back…..

Dr. Z won’t be wheeled down for tapioca.

Another miserable, self-entitled, agenda-driven crank whom we were pushed into believing (not unlike with Deford or Ryan) was a giant in the industry. And all the tributes being puked out today are certain to keep that myth alive.

I read Zimmerman, and don’t deny he was a good and often enjoyable writer. Certainly leaps and bounds beyond Fatty’s ability. But he was a hypocrite, held nasty grudges forever, and no doubt used his considerable influence to advance his own agenda. I wonder how much of the disproportionate ink spent on one Jets win in the 60s was due to him.

How many worthy players were kept out of the HoF because they didn’t conform to Z’s narrow virtues, or worse, because they didn’t give him the time of day? He was rendered literally speechless before he could torpedo Moss’s candidacy, thankfully.

He’s as guilty as any in creating the old-school belief that we’re supposed to bow at the altar and alleged wisdom of the national sportswriter. That we’re supposed to accept the eye test proof of doughy old farts who likely never played the game themselves. That their opinion is somehow more virtuous than ours because their boss owned a printing press and ours didn’t.

I hope it stuck in his craw that such a lesser writer as Fatty was enriched tenfold beyond what Z ever made.

Suzy
    Participant

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

He’s so pathetic and unaware. Not to mention arrogant, snide, and condescending. And man, does his “content” suck. He adds nothing of value whatsoever to any discussion or debate, and his grammar blows as well.

Seriously, what a fucking loser.

Participant

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

He’s so pathetic and unaware. Not to mention arrogant, snide, and condescending. And man, does his “content” suck. He adds nothing of value whatsoever to any discussion or debate, and his grammar blows as well.

Seriously, what a fucking loser.

:lol: Suzy’s the best.

Of course then Belichick comes along to show I know nothing:

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

How much of the fawning over Dr. Z is due to the fact that he had been in his unfortunate condition for over a decade, with Fatty priming the pump non stop?  If he had just retired, enjoyed his sunset years as a crank emeritus, and then rolled a 7, I doubt the hagiography would be so overwhelming

Participant

Wait until Shank/The Guitar Noodler or High Pants begin checking out – what’s after insufferable?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Wait until Shank/The Guitar Noodler or High Pants begin checking out – what’s after insufferable?

Dale will be leading around the clubhouse turn for all of them, certainly.

Participant

“A mother-in-law blamed for nagging an Italian so much that he fled to Edinburgh and faked amnesia said today: ‘I’m furious, after everything I’ve done for him!’

Salvatore Mannino, 52, was found wandering around Edinburgh Castle in Scotland miles from his home in a village outside Pisa, Italy.

He later confessed to police that he had pretended to have lost his memory to get away from his overbearing mother-in-law, Sandra Bocelli.”

jforb
    Participant

Dale will be leading around the clubhouse turn for all of them, certainly.

Not if he has his heart attack first.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“A mother-in-law blamed for nagging an Italian so much that he fled to Edinburgh and faked amnesia said today: ‘I’m furious, after everything I’ve done for him!’

Salvatore Mannino, 52, was found wandering around Edinburgh Castle in Scotland miles from his home in a village outside Pisa, Italy.

He later confessed to police that he had pretended to have lost his memory to get away from his overbearing mother-in-law, Sandra Bocelli.”

That guy has to got be one of  Sal Governale half-brothers form Italy. Its the only explanation.

chicowalker
    Participant

An italian woman in her 60s or 70s being a pain in the ass? Can’t picture it :dry:   :ohmy:   :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

Neil Young and Daryl Hannah are a thing?

NASCL
    Participant

Salvatore Mannino, 52, was found wandering around Edinburgh Castle in Scotland miles from his home in a village outside Pisa, Italy.

I respect the hell out of this guy.

Suzy
    Participant

Neil Young and Daryl Hannah are a thing?

For quite a while now.

NASCL
    Participant

And Lefty complained about Cameron Diaz?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Didn’t Jackson Brown give her the knuckle-sandwich? She looks like she could take old Neil down.

NASCL
    Participant

Didn’t Jackson Brown give her the knuckle-sandwich? She looks like she could take old Neil down.

I remember that and JFK Jr. being the White Knight.

Suzy
    Participant

How much of the fawning over Dr. Z is due to the fact that he had been in his unfortunate condition for over a decade, with Fatty priming the pump non stop? If he had just retired, enjoyed his sunset years as a crank emeritus, and then rolled a 7, I doubt the hagiography would be so overwhelming

So Fatty will probably devote a substantial amount of space to Z’s demise in his garbage musings next Monday?

All of us who knew him are left speechless.

I once drove over 600 miles to visit him and the look on his face was priceless when he saw just how much I’d gone through to get there. Every second of time I spent getting there and back was worth it. I’d do it again, I really would.

Participant

I respect the hell out of this guy.

You know he wanted to watch the Juventus game and Mama wanted to go pick apples or some such….

Hacksaw
    Participant

And…Bruce Springsteen is still married to Trish Scialfa.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.

Lebron
    Participant

Any doubt when you go to make the transaction with that fat fucking loser Bedard he tries to pay you in free subscriptions?  It’s better than cash!

Feejis
    Participant

He’s such an insider he has nobody in Tennessee organization he can call for leads on a couple of tix?

Suzy
    Participant

He’s such an insider he has nobody in Tennessee organization he can call for leads on a couple of tix?

Right? And he has zero clue how stupid and weak he looks begging for tickets.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Doesn’t his little hyperlocal site have an advertising agreement with some ticket company? Bad business to be begging for tickets.

Edit: as Suzy just said.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I wonder how much of the disproportionate ink spent on one Jets win in the 60s was due to him.

Funny that you mention this. For reasons I’m not sure of, I’ve had the pleasure of the TV spot where Joe Namath joyfully reads copy about Medicare benefits he didn’t know he had! The best part is the screen displays the teleprompter script he’s reading, including the final “I’m so excited!” or something like that, which loses a lot of impact when it’s so plain he’s reading.

I had been thinking, “this is terrible. And who cares what Joe Namath thinks about anything other than football — and even that’s passed him by.

The answer is of course that he won a Championship with a New York team. Apparently, that’s all you need for lifelong national celebrity.

I’d say “Thanks” but Zed’s dead.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Where’s Sameer when you need him to tell Bedard to stop begging for tix?

Coma
    Participant

Bedard being unable to convince his “crazy Pats fans family members” that the team is terrible and isn’t worth traveling to see doesn’t speak well of his work.

chicowalker
    Participant

Apropos of nothing, Marcus Morris hit more three pointers last night than Ben Simmons and Marekelle Fultz have hit combined in their whole career  :blink:  

chicowalker
    Participant

Bedard being unable to convince his “crazy Pats fans family members” that the team is terrible and isn’t worth traveling to see doesn’t speak well of his work.

I’d love to be there when he doesn’t deliver

“But, I thought you were a big media guy? Peter King was just at the world series…I told you I was cool with sitting in the 300s, right? They don’t have to be club seats or the 50 yard line”

“none of my Twitter followers had any?”

“Twitter followers? Don’t you know anyone in the front office?”

“As a journalist..”

“*swallows tongue*”

OR Ironhead can make a burner, arrange to meet up with Bedard to deliver the tickets, then..

Feejis
    Participant

“But, I thought you were a big media guy? Peter King was just at the world series…I told you I was cool with sitting in the 300s, right? They don’t have to be club seats or the 50 yard line”

“As a journalist..”

“*swallows tongue*”

OR Ironhead can make a burner, arrange to meet up with Bedard to deliver the tickets, then..

This scene came up in conversation last week or so. One guy was convinced Jimmy was being totally innocent here and wasn’t going to have her killed.

Suzy
    Participant

“As a journalist..”

“*swallows tongue*”

This scene came up in conversation last week or so. One guy was convinced Jimmy was being totally innocent here and wasn’t going to have her killed.

Huh? You can even hear one of the thugs lying in wait go, “Shhh…shhh” as she approaches.  :ohmy:

Suzy
    Participant

“As a journalist..”

“*swallows tongue*”

:lol:

Gimp
    Participant

Kershaw gets new extension-3yrs/$93mil

I for one was looking forward to the 5 year / $200mil contract that I am certain is sitting in Brian Cashman’s top desk drawer, that the Yankees would have thrown at him gladly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar