Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/25/2019 – 12/1/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

There was at least one PI call on the Pokes not made that offset that tripping call. Deal with it.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Today Gaspar consoles fans who are used to the Patriots’ offense putting up pinball scores.

It’s like 2003 and 2004 never happened.

“Not to us,” he said quickly. “We don’t care if we’re playing on the moon. And we don’t care who we’re playing. We had a tough game against Tampa, who moved it on us in the heat. We had a frickin’ monsoon game in Washington. We don’t care. We play as hard as we can, as fast as we can, and let the chips fall.”

Sherman tries to mimic Bruschi with “bring it on, we don’t care”, but his own words betray him, making excuses about Tampa “in the heat” and Washington in a “fricken’ monsoon”. Big talker.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tonight the Worcester Red Sox will get a new team name.  With Doctor Charles at the controls, I’m sure it will be a creative, tasteful moniker that is relevant to Worcester’s and Central Massachusetts’ unique history and character. I mean, what could go wrong?

:rollseyes:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Someone must have gotten fired for not scheduling the Woo Sox new name rollout to occur during the Patriots game.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

The Worcester Dancing Purple Molars does have a nice ring to it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

The Worcester Dancing Purple Molars does have a nice ring to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Worcester Polar Bears, bank on it.

Lebron
    Participant

That defense is so good.  Get the offensive line rotation set with Wynn back and they’ll get back to a stellar run game between the tackles and Sanu is such a good blocker he helps open up the outside.  Offense is going to increase output and barring any catastrophic injury the defense becomes a borderline afterthought along the lines of they’ll give up 10 or 13 at the most.   The specials are off the charts.  They’re always good, but they are so far and away better than everyone else.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Sam Kennedy, The Capo Di Tutti Rump Swab – Mumbles called from beyond the grave Marty, he’d like his neck fat back.

Red Sox (@RedSox) | Twitter

Lebron
    Participant

Is that Pizutti Pie?  She’s entering trade in territory by Billionaire Boys Club standards.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

‘Molar Bear’ may be Dr. Charles username on a number of questionable apps & websites.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

“Not to us,” he said quickly. “We don’t care if we’re playing on the moon. And we don’t care who we’re playing. We had a tough game against Tampa, who moved it on us in the heat. We had a frickin’ monsoon game in Washington. We don’t care. We play as hard as we can, as fast as we can, and let the chips fall.”

Sherman tries to mimic Bruschi with “bring it on, we don’t care”, but his own words betray him, making excuses about Tampa “in the heat” and Washington in a “fricken’ monsoon”. Big talker.

The question is such a set up by Pete, ‘so next week you have these 2 mega games out East…’ and also since when is New Orleans ‘out east?’  Pete is scared of San Francisco.  Never mind the Patriots defense that just held the supposed ‘number one’ offense to 9 fucking points.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

And spare me all of the 49ers bullshit.  They had the framework for a good team and made some good trades, no doubt.  But the QB goes down and they bottom out and end up with Bosa in the draft.  They still bottomed out last year without their QB and ended up with the 2nd pick.  Brady goes down Patriots go 11-5 becoming the 2nd 11 win team to miss the playoffs and end up with the 23rd pick.  That doesn’t get talked about enough in all of Bill’s accolades.  Could have been easy to roll over and position yourself well in the draft, the Colts would do the same thing a few years later with Manning.  But Bill’s team moved forward and scrapped every fucking game.

jforb
    Participant

That pick turned out to be the 26th pick in the 1996 draft, and it turned out to be a player who would torment Belichick in his next head-coaching job in New England for 13 seasons: Ray Lewis.

This must be regular season only but I see 1-6.

it was reminiscent of the German pilsner it tries to be

Amazing!

Lebron
    Participant

Ravens/Niners next week should get the hate flowing nicely coming off a holiday weekend.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

“In the NFL (it’s) always smart to have recency bias.”

:blink:  

Lebron
    Participant

Pete rage is going to 11.  Sickens me that he was one of the voters on the Top 100

The committee of 25 had two long conference calls in April 2018 to handle the nominating process. Belichick and Madden were tabbed to pore over film and their own knowledge to issue a report to the committee on the players in the early years of the league.

Sums up the coach/player and media relationship perfectly.  Spoon feed me stuff so I don’t have to do any work.  I can’t be bothered to do any homework on players I might not be familiar with, even though I’ve been asked to participate in what many would consider to be an honor to be a part of.  Just spoon feed me and of course during the season I’ll continue to criticize you or make snide remarks about your demeanor and how you should speak to the media.

And of course a paragraph later:

Watching Belichick gush over running-back pick Emmitt Smith—with Smith sitting there on set—showed he doesn’t have to be professionally dour. “I tell you, I never, I’m just … I’m absolutely flabbergasted at the way you could consistently run the ball for positive yards,” Belichick said, in a fanboy voice that I wasn’t sure existed in him.

What a fucking asshole.  Professionally dour.  I wasn’t sure he was a fan?  What the fuck planet are you from?  He’s only talked about loving football since childhood like a bazillion times.  You think a guy that takes an assistant job for 25 bucks a month or whatever isn’t a fan of the game?  Or maybe because you haven’t spoken with him in at least 12 years you shouldn’t comment on what he’s like.  And you have no one but yourself to blame for burning that ability.

Granted, I hate Collinsworth as much as the next guy but at least when he did a bit of a tease for this Friday’s installment he simply left it at ‘this is the episode you’ll want to see’ with regard to Bill and stories and it generally being funny.  So what does Pete do?  Gives away a bunch of what I imagine is what Collinsworth was teasing.  Way to ruin it dickface.  I fucking hate you.

Sounds like his transformation into an old woman is going nicely

Delta agent, checking us in for our flight at JFK on Thursday, checked in an emotional support Terrier right before us. Cute dog. I asked the agent: What’s the most unusual pet you’ve ever checked in?

Exactly what my mother and mother in law would ask.

Participant

Pete’s stunned that the cost of the new LA stadium is spiraling out of control.  :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Lebron wrote:

So what does Pete do?  Gives away a bunch of what I imagine is what Collinsworth was teasing.  Way to ruin it dickface.  I fucking hate you.

Reverend!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pete’s butt-hurt that Belichick gets to be one of the two presenters, and not him. Imagine the lobbying phone calls from Park Slope to NFL Films last year.  “Hi, fellas, just want to tell you I’ve opened up my schedule for the entire month of May 2019, when you’re gonna be taping all those episodes!  Had to cancel those trips to Portland and the Bay Area to visit my expanding brood of grandchildren, but you know me: I’ll do anything for The Shield!  I’ll get my MMQB interns out of mothballs and have them drive me to Cherry Hill in ‘my’ bus, which I’ve nicknamed ‘Jerome.'”

Participant

A bidding war for Bart Scott?  Radio is a weird place.

Coma
    Participant

It was great to see media folks like Warren Sharp and Chris Mortensen doing the research on how often tripping calls are made. I guess they never had time to figure out Brady’s percentage of intentional grounding penalties or they didn’t think accounting for a 1/4 of them was noteworthy. Or Gronk being an outlier in OPI penalties while other elite tight ends might be penalized a couple of times a season. I also don’t remember anyone telling me how often holding is called on defensive linemen on running plays. I’m pretty sure the Patriots had that called on them twice in one drive against the Jets a few years ago.

Like the offense fumbling out of the end zone is a touch back, these people don’t care until it goes the Patriots’ way.

Humphrey
    Participant

It was great to see media folks like Warren Sharp and Chris Mortensen doing the research on how often tripping calls are made. I guess they never had time to figure out Brady’s percentage of intentional grounding penalties or they didn’t think accounting for a 1/4 of them was noteworthy. Or Gronk being an outlier in OPI penalties while other elite tight ends might be penalized a couple of times a season. I also don’t remember anyone telling me how often holding is called on defensive linemen on running plays. I’m pretty sure the Patriots had that called on them twice in one drive against the Jets a few years ago.

Like the offense fumbling out of the end zone is a touch back, these people don’t care until it goes the Patriots’ way.

To reiterate my point from earlier, do you think if Bill knew that Riveron was going to be a hanging judge this weekend he would have challenged a no call on PI once? Especially given how “unegregious”, if you will, the call that got reversed.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Worcester Sure Sorcerers

Lebron
    Participant

A bidding war for Bart Scott? Radio is a weird place.

I work out early in the morning at home so I’ve been watching bullshit like Mike and Mike for 15ish years.  I fucking hate Trey Wingo so I started watching a bit of that First Things First show on FS1 with that Squidward looking motherfucker Nick “I’m wrong about literally everything” Wright and get a fall guy Cris Carter.  Apparently Carter got shitcanned a month or so ago, he got mad about not being involved in Fox’s Thursday Night coverage and went off on some exec.  Anyhow the parade of shitheels they have been bringing in is a who’s who of guys that have gotten canned or still have the same axes to grind.  Bart Scott is one, he’s so awful.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar