Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/25/2019 – 12/1/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

WooSox. So dumb. Stole the team and basically the nickname.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Nashua Dad.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It was unclear whether they were going to actually rename the team from the Worcester Red Sox to something else, like the Houston Colts > Houston Astros.  But it turns out they were looking for a replacement for PawSox, the abbreviation, like BoSox and ChiSox have been forever. And so they go with the nickname WooSox, which people were putting out there a year ago August when the team announced it was moving. But (and here’s the key), they opened the merchandise store just before Black Friday, folks! :lol:

Worcester Red Sox?  WooSox? Sheesh.  After NASCL suggested Dancing Purple Molars, I admit I feel a little let down. :smile:

Humphrey
    Participant

Fortunately they didn’t have one of Worcester’s most famous residents, Bob Cousy, make the announcement or people wouldn’t be sure if it was Woosox or Roosox

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

Booger continues to be aggressively dumb.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Fatty hasn’t realized NFL films wants a good show with knowledgeable football folks. BB is a football encyclopedia and Collensworth knows him well enough to get the most out of him. Same with Eisen. The players all love him but Faulk. A guy like Parcells wouldn’t work because it’s about him where BB is very modest and humble.

People like TBH and Coach Betard should learn from this but they like the gotcha game way too much.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

I’m at least enjoying Son of Bum’s defense get picked apart while McVay’s star fades as his face is jammed in the play sheet.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Fortunately they didn’t have one of Worcester’s most famous residents, Bob Cousy, make the announcement or people wouldn’t be sure if it was Woosox or Roosox

“Woot, woot, woot for the WooSox if they don’t win it’s a shame.”

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

I’m at least enjoying Son of Bum’s defense get picked apart while McVay’s star fades as his face is jammed in the play sheet.

I was going to post something similar about Phillips. What did they do this week to prepare for the Ravens offense?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

This needed a grand reveal?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Should have just picked something from this page: :-( :ozzy: :weei: :wall: :pk: :dry: :ph34r: :puke: :wag:

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Just in time for Black Friday. :dry:

Those are Boston prices.

Humphrey
    Participant

At least the (St. Louis version) Rams and the Falcons waited a couple years to unravel after losing to the Patriots, as good as Baltimore seems to be; this Ram team collapsed immediately. And salary cap issues too, if I remember correctly.

Lebron
    Participant

It blows my mind not just with McVay or the ‘younger’ guys but even pill head Payton and fat ass Reid still have those Cheesecake Factory menus in front of them.  Meanwhile Bill is taking notes like the observant student that he is.  Haven’t people figured out yet that ‘coach as play caller and d coordinator as head coach of the defense’ works for like 10 games maybe, at best?  Bill does the classic ‘you guys have what you need?/make sure we have a couple of extra goal line plays ready’ and lets his coordinators call the plays.  Then he uses his notes in game and helps them to call better plays in the 2nd half.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

And I’ll laugh my ass off when Ramsey walks.

Participant

Tess/Booger doing a “Baltimore has The Wire, LA has Melrose Place” mid game was refreshing – brutal.

Lebron
    Participant

The Twitter is abound with oh my god how on earth can you stop Lamar Jackson bullshit.  Bucs did it against Vick, Patriots did it against Wilson in 49 – keep him in the pocket and make him throw or get hit.  So many teams emphasize the big name edge rushers, which works for your standard step back passer, but the edge rushers end up collapsing the pocket and allowing those guys to run.  Also the edge guys tend to let the QB get in front of them and get them from behind, which is exactly what you want to avoid with a running QB.  Bill has always been more about pressure from the middle and setting the edge to contain and maintain the pocket.  I’m certainly not saying it’s easy peasy, you have to have the guys and the coach but more importantly you have to have the discipline.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The “Changing of the Guard in the NFL” narrative is sure to continue this week, after the 49ers’ and Poes’ blowout wins.  Pats could become one of the first 10-1 teams to be able to play the “disrespected” card.

:lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Rat Pack Tess was fine on college games, at least I don’t remember him being so fucking annoying.  As soon as he got the MNF job he cranked up the cool.  Does boxing as well so he’s full blown Rat Pack, only sips the finest liquor only wears the finest clothes daddio.  McFarlane was much better analyzing college as well.

jforb
    Participant

The Twitter is abound with oh my god how on earth can you stop Lamar Jackson bullshit. Bucs did it against Vick, Patriots did it against Wilson in 49 – keep him in the pocket and make him throw or get hit. So many teams emphasize the big name edge rushers, which works for your standard step back passer, but the edge rushers end up collapsing the pocket and allowing those guys to run. Also the edge guys tend to let the QB get in front of them and get them from behind, which is exactly what you want to avoid with a running QB. Bill has always been more about pressure from the middle and setting the edge to contain and maintain the pocket. I’m certainly not saying it’s easy peasy, you have to have the guys and the coach but more importantly you have to have the discipline.

I’ll back off my shutout prediction but second time around, Jackson’s not going to know what hit him.

chicowalker
    Participant

Goff/Donald/Gurley/Cooks are app. 95 mil against the cap next year :ohmy: :lol:   they aren’t sniffing resigning Ramsey unless something is done about that, let alone filling out the rest of the roster with anything other than flotsam

Participant

Ramsey being the greatest mid season acquisition of all time seems like a long time ago – good thing they held him back in the tunnel post game

chicowalker
    Participant

Am I reading this right? All four I mentioned above offer no cap relief if cut?

Salary Cap

go to rams page, 2020, won’t let me link directly or I’m just dumb

Coma
    Participant

But he promised that he won’t hold out :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

That 6 billion dollar stadium is going to open just in time for the mediocre Rams to be in cap hell and the irrelevant Chargers breaking in a new QB in front of zero fans. I hope Kroencke (sp?) has to burn his wigs for heat

GusChiggins
    Participant

The Lions are going to be in a tough spot with Patrica. The record isn’t there but each loss has been by one score, so they are competitive. I would bring him back for another year and see if things turn around record wise. I think they will.  He’ll likely get fired, though and the Lions will continue to spin their wheels.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar