Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/25/2019 – 12/1/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Jackson has replaced Patrick Mahomes as the next sure-fire first ballot Hall Fame quicker than I’ve ever seen.

Coma
    Participant

Jackson has replaced Patrick Mahomes as the next sure-fire first ballot Hall Fame quicker than I’ve ever seen.

I wonder if they’ll digitally replace Mahomes with Jackson in those State Farms commercials.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Seahawks
    The Falcons
    The Eagles
    The Chiefs
    The Rams

The Ravens will finally vanquish the Patriots once and for all!

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

The Twitter is abound with oh my god how on earth can you stop Lamar Jackson bullshit. Bucs did it against Vick, Patriots did it against Wilson in 49 – keep him in the pocket and make him throw or get hit. So many teams emphasize the big name edge rushers, which works for your standard step back passer, but the edge rushers end up collapsing the pocket and allowing those guys to run. Also the edge guys tend to let the QB get in front of them and get them from behind, which is exactly what you want to avoid with a running QB. Bill has always been more about pressure from the middle and setting the edge to contain and maintain the pocket. I’m certainly not saying it’s easy peasy, you have to have the guys and the coach but more importantly you have to have the discipline.

I’m not shoe peeing over it but to me it starts with scoring first and playing from ahead.  Then if you get a stop or two and force them to throw you have the advantage.   Let’s see if they keep running the single wing down 2 scores.  I thought the Pats did a good job against a comparable O-line vs Dallas so maybe they’ve got the run defense problems sorted.   Who knows who will even be on the field in 6 weeks though?  Lamar is playing on borrowed time, eventually he’s gonna get Tua’d.

Participant

This has been a thing for every decade since the ’70’s…. :lol:

Jets can end dismal decade by providing hope for the future

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Local sports radio on the way home has the Ravens as a lock to win the Super Bowl. The host (either Mason or Ireland, there is no difference) says “If I could I would bet everything I had on Baltimore right now.”  It’s not as if there is a place you can do just that only a few hundred miles to the east. The very next statement, and I swear I almost drove off the road, he goes “This week I have no doubt that they take care of business against the Niners” to which the other host says “where is that game being played?” and Host 1 replies “I don’t have that info yet but I’ll try to get it. I know the game is at 10 AM our time….” I can’t recall a game every being played on the west coast at 10 AM locally. Wouldn’t knowing the 10 AM start sort of give away the location? ESPN Radio at its finest. :wall:

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

How do you get on the air and say something like that? Have it looked up in the time it takes to ask the question.

Read Bryant’s thing about the Kaepernick tryout. Even taking the NFL at its word, they’re not in this world thinking people would accept it a good thing and not foreseeing any pr/public perception issues.

Lefty

Pasta is being a good kid.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

On the past three years, the Pats have played nine different teams in the playoffs. Of those nine teams, only three would be in the playoffs this year if they started today.

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t have that information yet.  Hey pal, they released the schedule in April or so, had a tv show and everything.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Squidward looking Nick Wright said the Ravens can win the Super Bowl “right now!”  No they can’t.  No one can.  The Super Bowl isn’t for another 2+ months.

jforb
    Participant

12:34 and the first person who wasn’t the receptionist delivering mail walked by my office today, wtf did I come in for?

Participant

Squidward looking Nick Wright said the Ravens can win the Super Bowl “right now!” No they can’t. No one can. The Super Bowl isn’t for another 2+ months.

Must be the phrase that pays at the nuthouse this week.

@LouMerloni Nov25 – The argument started with me saying that if the played them RIGH NOW.  Do you understand what that means?  Not January.  RIGHT NOW.  But Pats fans can be so pissy that they can’t handle the truth.  Can the Pats beat them in Juanuary?  Sure.  But not right now.  Jeez…  you people

From Nomie’s gopher to cribbing Felger….

@LouMerloni Nov 26 Cyrus Jones doesn’t play for them anymore.  If it wasn’t for that fumble YOU lose by 30

@LouMerloni Nov 25  YOUbeat the Chiefs in the Regular season.  They didn’t beat  YOUup like the Ravens did.
    A Go get your shinebox moment from Coach Bill?
    @OMFonWEEI Nov 25
    Bill Belichick on blocked punt and if later in the game that put concern in Cowboys causing delay of game:
    “Lou, in your next life if you’re ever a special teams coach or a head coach and you get a punt blocked, it will change your view on things.”

Lebron
    Participant

I love people being so cocksure about something that can’t possibly happen.  The schedule doesn’t allow them to play ‘right now’ so I can say anything and you can’t say I’m wrong.  If they play right now Lamar Jackson’s knee will explode and Brother John will cry and Mark Ingram will actually get weirder and the Patriots will win by 500.  Prove me wrong.  You can’t.  Quit being so pissy.  Jeez, you people.

Lebron
    Participant

12:34 and the first person who wasn’t the receptionist delivering mail walked by my office today, wtf did I come in for?

I like when someone thinks they’re throwing a grenade at you the day before a holiday but they don’t realize they blew off their own action item and it’s basically a boomerang grenade right back at them.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Sometime between now and 4pm when we go 4 miles to eat at my BIL place, I’ll listen to Ironhead’s podcast. This place has evolved. :lol:

Have a great day and stay clear of crazy talk with your family.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

“As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

When I was a kid, I read Plimpton’s Paper Lion and became a casual Detroit Lions fan.  He had a respectful and affectionate take on Lions’ players like Joe Schmidt and Night Train Lane. (IIRC Alex Karras was suspended for gambling the year that Plimpton trained with them.) By the time I read the book, Lane had long retired and Schmidt was the Lions’ head coach and I rooted for them to do well as much as I did for any NFL/NFC team. Then they had UMass QB Greg Landry, then Dick Jauron, and made the playoffs for a couple of years, though they didn’t stay in the tournament for long. Then my fandom ended sometime in the late 1970s. The Wayne Fontes era didn’t recapture my attention.  But when Matty P went there last year I have to say I began to pay more attention to them.

Watching the game today out of the corner of my eye, I had some hope that (despite those ugly all-gray uniforms) they would beat the always-hated Chicago Bears. (Their coaches wear “Monsters of the Midway” sweatshirts? Seriously? In 2019?) Talk about classless. Ditka? McMahon? The Fridge piling it on in SB 20?       :ozzy:    But, of course, they didn’t.     :ozzy:

It was a totally meaningless game, although if Chicago were better they could dream of a wild card. Matty’s defense looked porous, despite having Trey Flowers up front. He’ll end up on Flores’ staff in Miami next year; or maybe Romeo will step down and he’ll be in Houston. And Detroit will have to start again.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

They could rehire Jim Caldwell.

Yahtzee
    Participant

nice special teams saints

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pats will field their fourth place-kicker of 2019 against Houston.

jforb
    Participant

nice special teams saints

Who cares?/AAC

Big Fat O
    Participant

Tony they finally brought in competition for Ghost. Just you wanted.

Lebron
    Participant

Michigan should eliminate football.  Or get a new coach.

Humphrey
    Participant

Will qualifying for a tutti crap bowl di crap bowls keep Daz employed?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar