Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/4/2019-11/10/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Pats lost. It happens. They have two weeks to think about what they did.

Eagerly waiting N’Keal Harry and Isaiah Wynn’s returns.

2 users thanked author for this post.

I couldn’t remember the game where I’d seen it get called, but I knew it was a penalty:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I couldn’t remember the game where I’d seen it get called, but I knew it was a penalty:

If only the broadcast had, I don’t know, a rules expert or retired official on hand to point that out.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Sometimes they lose – if only we had 2 decades of evidence they will fix the problems and get the team in the best possible position to win it all.

Ironhead seems a little <drinky drinky> in this week’s Entitled Town – Approve! :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

This is what it’s like to be a Jets fan every week i guess.

A Giants loss tonight sets up a huge Giant/Jet game this week to bad it’s not scheduled for Sunday/Monday night.

chicowalker
    Participant

6. The Hall of Fame’s questionable call on the Hall of Fame class of 2020. This is going to reverberate. Pro Football Talk reported that the Pro Football Hall of Fame has decided its 2020 Centennial Class—a total of 15 players, coaches and contributors—will be enshrined without being voted on by the 48-member Hall of Fame selection committee. In the 56 years of Hall of Fame history, 326 football legends in 56 classes have been enshrined by a vote of the selection committee. But not this year. Fifteen men will enter the Hall through a different gate, likely to be viewed by history with an asterisk. Much more to come on this in 10 Things I Think I Think.

Since nobody cares about the NFL HoF, it’s not going to reverberate.  I do like that they are doing this just because it’s causing Fatty to stew in his own self-important piss

chicowalker
    Participant

We chatted a bit, and as I prepared to leave, I said to him, “You’re fun to watch.”

“Appreciate that, Mr. Peter,” Jackson said.

Low key racist

1 user thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Sunday, 11:43 a.m., Penn Station, Manhattan. (That’s the big train station adjacent to Madison Square Garden.)

ok, but what’s Madison Square Garden, Mr. Peter? Is it near the Daily Bugle building?

GET. FUCKED.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

should have kept reading

Now, walking around the city, I smell pot three or four times, nearly every day. I’d never smelled it inside a transportation hub, with Amtrak trains arriving and departing all day long, in the world’s largest city. Just … a little weird.

I smell pot three or four times a day walking home from work, and I live in Providence (where I live, where my house is, my domicile, etc) What a fucking stooge

jforb
    Participant

I’d be very tempted to bet my house on a shutout if they meet again in the playoffs.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

This is what it’s like to be a Jets fan every week i guess.

A Giants loss tonight sets up a huge Giant/Jet game this week to bad it’s not scheduled for Sunday/Monday night.

Nah, this is what it’s like to be a Jets fan.

jforb
    Participant

Moss wasn’t a franchise receiver under McDaniels?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

It was obviously a penalty, you just used to see it with the fullback pushing the QB from behind over the pile, not pulling from in front.

Someone could have looked that up but I’m sure they were too busy researching Brady’s intentional grounding penalties or were looking away so they didn’t notice an uncalled hold or pick.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

6. The Hall of Fame’s questionable call on the Hall of Fame class of 2020. This is going to reverberate. Pro Football Talk reported that the Pro Football Hall of Fame has decided its 2020 Centennial Class—a total of 15 players, coaches and contributors—will be enshrined without being voted on by the 48-member Hall of Fame selection committee. In the 56 years of Hall of Fame history, 326 football legends in 56 classes have been enshrined by a vote of the selection committee. But not this year. Fifteen men will enter the Hall through a different gate, likely to be viewed by history with an asterisk. Much more to come on this in 10 Things I Think I Think.

Since nobody cares about the NFL HoF, it’s not going to reverberate. I do like that they are doing this just because it’s causing Fatty to stew in his own self-important piss

Viewed by history with an asterisk because the likes of Peter King and Dr Z didn’t make the choices.  That’s what he’s saying right?  The other 56 years should have the asterisks.

chicowalker
    Participant

exactly. Imagine going to the HoF, seeing a bust of someone you never heard of from the thirties, reading their story, perhaps that being the impetus to start learning about the game that pre-dated the super bowl era…but catching yourself- “wait- did Peter King and Ron Borges properly vet this person before they were elected? is this all lies?”

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Major Intangibles
    Participant

You have to think those Other 15 will to a man be more deserving of enshrinement than Namath. :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

So where are the Ravens now? Built to last, I think.”

Coma
    Participant

Since nobody cares about the NFL HoF, it’s not going to reverberate. I do like that they are doing this just because it’s causing Fatty to stew in his own self-important piss

Viewed by history with an asterisk because the likes of Peter King and Dr Z didn’t make the choices. That’s what he’s saying right? The other 56 years should have the asterisks.

What is King upset about? That the HOF is departing from their normal induction procedure? It’s the 100th year anniversary of the league, so the NFL decided to do something different to mark the occasion, kind of like how they had their two oldest franchises open the season instead of the defending SB champions. I don’t recall PK being miffed about that change.

Reading further, I see the reason for the Peter King affixed asterisk: He’s not going to involved in the selection process. What a blow to his ego that must be. The largest induction group ever to mark the league’s 100th year and he’s excluded. Like a player or coach who won’t talk to him, I’m sure King will have a problem with this 15 person class for a long time.

chicowalker
    Participant

Is this Fatty? If so, it’s a perfect distillation of his terrible writing. Lazy conceit of asking/answering a question (the wrong question, mind you- what are the Ravens now? makes more sense) and he can’t even offer a committed answer to his own question :lol:  

Unless he’s trying to burgeon his bonafides as a tough interviewer :blink: :lol:

Participant

Is this Fatty? If so, it’s a perfect distillation of his terrible writing. Lazy conceit of asking/answering a question (the wrong question, mind you- what are the Ravens now? makes more sense) and he can’t even offer a committed answer to his own question :lol:

Unless he’s trying to burgeon his bonafides as a tough interviewer :blink::lol:

It’s Pete.

Coma
    Participant

It was obviously a penalty, you just used to see it with the fullback pushing the QB from behind over the pile, not pulling from in front.

Someone could have looked that up but I’m sure they were too busy researching Brady’s intentional grounding penalties or were looking away so they didn’t notice an uncalled hold or pick.

Against the Bills, JC Jackson intercepted a pass on along the sideline. Half an hour later, the announce crew and “rules expert” went back to that play to point out that the receiver was out of bounds and contacting Jackson as he was catching the ball and wondering if that should have nullified the interception. I guess they only do deep dives on the rules for some teams.

chicowalker
    Participant

I look forward to Fatty deep diving the legitimacy of Paddy o’Houlihan’s three touchdown game against Akron in 1926.  Not that difficult when the starting free safety lost a finger earlier in the week, the middle linebacker was out with consumption, and why does everyone ignore the rumors that half the team was seen the night before cavorting with a gaggle of syphilitic Celestial opium den trollops? *

*all relevant details may* have been made up

*were definitely

Coma
    Participant

I look forward to Fatty deep diving the legitimacy of Paddy o’Houlihan’s three touchdown game against Akron in 1926. Not that difficult when the starting free safety lost a finger earlier in the week, the middle linebacker was out with consumption, and why does everyone ignore the rumors that half the team was seen the night before cavorting with a gaggle of syphilitic Celestial opium den trollops? *

*all relevant details may* have been made up

*were definitely

King recommends four obscure (to me) players/owners from 20s, 30s and 40s to be inducted by the special HOF committee. It begs the question, if they were so important to the league and, more importantly, Peter King, why didn’t he do more to get them inducted?

Participant

Lady a cube over sounds like Smuckers when Kramer took him to vet –  Stay the fvck home if you are planning on barfing up a lung.

Suzy
    Participant

We chatted a bit, and as I prepared to leave, I said to him, “You’re fun to watch.”

“Appreciate that, Mr. Peter,” Jackson said.

Low key racist

Oh, he’s gonna slip up badly one of these days. And I live for that day.

Your perfectly expressed Fatty disdain and hatred have made my day, Cheeks. Thanks! :wub:   Does ANYONE call him out on Twitter for his garbage/nonsense, and does he block those who dast? Always wondered that. Can’t stomach the thought of following him to find out. :puke:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar