Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/4/2019-11/10/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Coma
    Participant

I’d be very tempted to bet my house on a shutout if they meet again in the playoffs.

I don’t know about a shutout, but I’m confident about a postseason win. Looking at Baltimore’s schedule, they have the Texans and 49ers at home and the Bills and Rams on the road, plus games against the Steelers, Bengals, Browns and Jets. They’re probably losing at least 2 more games. I’d love to see how much gnashing of teeth there will be if the Ravens have to play the Chiefs in the playoffs, with the winner going to Gillette.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Cleaning out my office for a move and stumbled across a Napoli bobblehead doll.  Anyone headed over to the North End who wants to deliver a gift for me?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

I watched a lot of the game with the sound off trying to get the large baby to sleep, but in the few times I was able to turn it up a bit, I caught Michaels in frothing ecstasy saying “Hollywood!”  A rookie, who may end up being great, but before last night had 21 catches for 3 td. Again, fine, decent production.  But you’d think Al was wildcattin’ and struck oil.

Can we all agree that two people in the same sport can’t have the same nickname?  Especially when Hollywood Henderson-

During many games, he snorted liquid cocaine from an inhaler he hid in his pants

AND

In November 1983, Henderson was arrested for doing cocaine with two teenage girls in California.

AND

Henderson made the news again in 2000 by winning the Lotto Texas US$28 million jackpot. :ohmy: :lol:

That legacy is set.  Sorry rook

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Lady a cube over sounds like Smuckers when Kramer took him to vet – Stay the fvck home if you are planning on barfing up a lung.

Office Warrior SZN

Lebron
    Participant

I’d be very tempted to bet my house on a shutout if they meet again in the playoffs.

I don’t know about a shutout, but I’m confident about a postseason win. Looking at Baltimore’s schedule, they have the Texans and 49ers at home and the Bills and Rams on the road, plus games against the Steelers, Bengals, Browns and Jets. They’re probably losing at least 2 more games. I’d love to see how much gnashing of teeth there will be if the Ravens have to play the Chiefs in the playoffs, with the winner going to Gillette.

In general I would think they’ll do a better job in not getting behind Jackson on the rush.  He ran for like 70 yards, the media is making it sound like he went for 250.  He threw for less than 200.  I’ll take that in January.

jforb
    Participant

You work for one of the largest media companies in the world.

And I think that’s an admission that he does the work once and gets paid for it twice?

Lebron
    Participant

:lol: Jesus that’s worse than the NFL’s do you know how much that would cost with the goal line cameras

Coma
    Participant

It’s a little thing, but I find some humor in Mike Reiss using the person’s name when responding to questions on Twitter. For every “Hi Rick” and “Yes, Joel” there’s a “Thanks, zee zom” and “Hi, Frizzaud.”

rclane
    Participant

After the Ravens first touchdown last night, NBC played the Ghostbusters theme going to commercial, an obvious reference back to Darnold “seeing ghosts” against the Patriots defense. Between that and Collinsworth’s proclamations that Lamar Jackson was changing the way football will be played in the future it was obvious how NBC felt about the game. I turned the sound off a few minutes into the 2nd quarter but I assume it didn’t get any better.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

You can’t do that and expect to have money in the budget to take a 4 hour detour for 2 innings of low a baseball.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Cowboys’ Team X-iness getting the Jimmy Hoffa treatment.

Lebron
    Participant

Guys Eli Manning is just so fucking classy.    Never has anyone in the history of ever handled a benching like him.  Hasn’t happened. :weei:

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Lebron.
    Lebron
    Participant

Why the hell did Witten come back? I’m guessing ESPN told him he was 1 and done but he’s a zero value add

Yahtzee
    Participant

Marchie

Humphrey
    Participant

For all that “don’t let them wear white in our stadium” bullshit, the Pokes’ navy unis are better.

The whites are a mismatch of colors. Dark blue in some places, royal blue numbers, pants “silver” doesn’t match helmets.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

My plan I just came up with as an alternative for moving the Chargers to London:

1. Contract the Jets, pay off the Johnson brothers and tell them to eff off. Allocate their players with a dispersal draft.
    2. Move the Chargers to New York.
    3. Split the Patriots into two franchises to get back to 30 teams. Kraft and Brady can stay with the Patriots, Jonathan Kraft and Belichick can start up the new Minutemen.

Lebron
    Participant

For all that “don’t let them wear white in our stadium” bullshit, the Pokes’ navy unis are better.

The whites are a mismatch of colors. Dark blue in some places, royal blue numbers, pants “silver” doesn’t match helmets.

I always liked the old Cowboys blues, wore them until at least the early 80s I think.  The Eagles wearing their whites in the ‘80 NFCCG is the first time I remember a team doing that to force the Cowboys in to wearing blue.

Lebron
    Participant

And I like the Parcells/LT era Giants unis and helmets better.

Lebron
    Participant

Anthony Davis supposedly indicating via tweets he’d be interested in Chicago.  I’d piss myself laughing if he walked.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

My plan I just came up with as an alternative for moving the Chargers to London:

1. Contract the Jets, pay off the Johnson brothers and tell them to eff off. Allocate their players with a dispersal draft.

2. Move the Chargers to New York.

3. Split the Patriots into two franchises to get back to 30 teams. Kraft and Brady can stay with the Patriots, Jonathan Kraft and Belichick can start up the new Minutemen.

This posits a scenario where the Pats can be their own team X!   And own their own blueprint

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant
    chicowalker
    Participant

Anthony Davis supposedly indicating via tweets he’d be interested in Chicago. I’d piss myself laughing if he walked.

be curious to see what the Lakers record is during any of his or LeBron’s “load management” days.  If they fall short this year, he has to look at the prospect of playing out his prime with an aging LeBron (until he bolts or retires) and a threadbare cupboard, vs playing w/the Bulls young talent.  at the most I think he does 1+1 w/the Lakers

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Anthony Davis supposedly indicating via tweets he’d be interested in Chicago. I’d piss myself laughing if he walked.

Humphrey
    Participant

I like the YA Tittle “NY” on the helmet, I’m in agreement the rest of it can change back tomorrow. The road shirts w/no blue in them at all make no sense.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Humphrey.
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

I like the YA Tittle “NY” on the helmet, I’m in agreement the rest of it can change back tomorrow. The road shirts w/no blue in them at all make no sense.

To be fair though, the Giants current unis are authentic retro. What they wear now is what Giff used to wear. At least they have that going for them.
    The Cowboys blues that don’t match each other has always irritated me. Not sure when that started. Must have been the 80’s. The Staubach era unis all the colors matched. They should go back to that.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar