Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/5/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 62 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author

RedSeat
    Participant

For the second week in a row, the Pack got betrayed by a dumb  fourth-quarter fumble from an unreliable back, and Rodgers never got to make his magic.

I’m pretty sure I remember two Green Bay possessions after that fumble, including Rodgers fumbling out of bounds for the second time of the night. Is that his magic? Fumbling the ball, but not letting the defense recover it?

I’ll say this in praise of Zimmerman: he was a good writer and he did love the game. Typically that’s all I need to enjoy a sportswriter. But his ego brought down his product. And in his later years, he was coasting on pedigree, tossing out revisionist memories that were in conflict with what he wrote years earlier.

His writeup of SB36 was great. He recognized what the Patriots did and he loved it, and that enthusiasm came out in his prose. Wish we saw much more of that Dr. Z.

chicowalker
    Participant

What are the odds Peter actually said “bleep” to Zimmerman, and not fuck? Definitely not zero, right? :pk:

he sounded like a crotchety old prick.  If I was with him and he insisted on dragging me to a cemetery to read headstones I’d tell him to shove his bleep so far up his bleeping bleep that bleep would be running out of his nose, because of course he’d bleep because he was such a narcissistic bleep he’d actually enjoy bleeping himself, however physically improbable the act may have been

jforb
    Participant

Gregg Williams sounds more full of shit than Rob Ryan

@MaryKayCabot

#Browns interim HC Gregg Williams: “Since I left Buffalo, I had 11 letters to interview for HC jobs, 4 of them didn’t even have to interview, just show up and sign the contract”

Probably did, but from teams like the Bandits and his high school.

Claude45
    Participant

Part of his Dr. Z rambling

I have no recollection what he said, but he took 45 minutes to say it, and it was gold to a rookie from the sticks.

Suppose I should check historical numbers, but a top 100 metro by population is the mortgage free sticks.

I saw him once or twice a year in the last years, and though he couldn’t contribute the way he wanted, he loved sitting around listening to stories from friends like Matt Millen and Dick Vermeil and Joel Bussert, the longtime personnel man in the league office.

Can you imagine being unable to talk and having King come over for a visit and tell stories?

That’s the plot of Saw 12.

Lebron
    Participant

For the second week in a row, the Pack got betrayed by a dumb fourth-quarter fumble from an unreliable back, and Rodgers never got to make his magic.

I’m pretty sure I remember two Green Bay possessions after that fumble, including Rodgers fumbling out of bounds for the second time of the night. Is that his magic? Fumbling the ball, but not letting the defense recover it?

Also when they lose he reliably sells the rest of the team down the river.  Not on the same page, guys not being where they’re supposed to be.  So, 20 incompletions or so, all because guys weren’t where they were supposed to be?  Nothing to do with the quarterback?   Also, never mind that Guy came over and hit the ball out of the guy’s hand, it was a dumb fumble by an unreliable back.  Like he’s McCoy with the ball dangling in one hand or Chuck Muncie straight off a free basing session.

Claude45
    Participant

Jeez Pete, lottery winners get too much but first time managers get too little. I’m sure your salary is just right.

Lebron
    Participant

I didn’t like the cell phone gag with Joe Horn 13 years ago.  Who was he calling?  Wouldn’t that person be someone he knows and presumably watching the game, so no need to call and say hey did you see I just scored a touchdown?  And wouldn’t Thomas’s gag have been better if he said “Siri, call so and so”?

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Meryl Streep you’re the best! Get your house in order, stupid unreliable running back… :pk:  

Suzy
    Participant

Meryl Streep you’re the best! Get your house in order, stupid unreliable running back… :pk:

So brave of Fatty to give a shout out to the safest possible actress of the last several generations. Her overrated ass has been skating for years. He sucks at everything he does.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Fix that, Red Sox.

Peter King, is closer to a decorator than a sports writer – a great spender of other people’s money.

Coma
    Participant

For the second week in a row, the Pack got betrayed by a dumb fourth-quarter fumble from an unreliable back, and Rodgers never got to make his magic.

The “unreliable” Aaron Jones was a 5th round draft pick by GB last year. This season, he began to get regular playing time in week 3 and became a starter 2 weeks ago against the 49ers. Jones is averaging 6 yards per carry and has scored 2 TDs. Last night was the first fumble of his career.

Jones was an effective runner against New England and looks like the best back on Green Bay’s roster, but let’s bury the guy because the defense also made a good play and forced him to drop the ball once.

Coma
    Participant

Jeez Pete, lottery winners get too much but first time managers get too little. I’m sure your salary is just right.

Cora is a first time manager and only had one season as a bench coach at the major league level. Last October, no one knew he was going to direct the team to their best record ever and a WS title. Pete would have fingerwagged the Red Sox if they gave him $2 million/year right away.

Claude45
    Participant

Cora is a first time manager and only had one season as a bench coach at the major league level. Last October, no one knew he was going to direct the team to their best record ever and a WS title. Pete would have fingerwagged the Red Sox if they gave him $2 million/year right away.

And I’m sure he’ll get some bonus from the Sox outside his contractual agreement for his troubles.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I didn’t like the cell phone gag with Joe Horn 13 years ago. Who was he calling? Wouldn’t that person be someone he knows and presumably watching the game, so no need to call and say hey did you see I just scored a touchdown? And wouldn’t Thomas’s gag have been better if he said “Siri, call so and so”?

Taking a selfie and posting it on Instagram.

chicowalker
    Participant

“…piss me off” Tony Mazz, 30 seconds into his program talking about the Pats winning by 14

Yahtzee
    Participant

Meryl Streep, you’re the best.

Sorry, just wanted to see that one more time.

NASCL
    Participant

Yes, we all know Bedard is allegedly conducting an investigation as to Loyko.

However, as far as I know, there hasn’t been a peep from Loyko defending himself.  If he going all-in on his career on a Bedard finding?

Hacksaw
    Participant

So Steve Smith stole the playbook? They’re all on computers now anyhow. He just left with a team owned tablet like it was no big deal? And Carolina couldn’t disable it?

Panthers playbook? Here is the play where Cam runs all over the place and here is the other play where just throws the ball in the air and gets lucky.

chicowalker
    Participant

Mazz and Murray apoplectic about Patterson.  All he is is strong and fast! never good qualities in a football player

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Mazz and Murray apoplectic about Patterson. All he is is strong and fast! never good qualities in a football player

Is this the pivot from the tomato cans message?  The wins over 6-3 Houston, 5-3 Chi, 5-4 Miami, 8-1 KC have led them to instead look for style points?

Lefty

Well, the good news is Coach Kangol says he would come out of retirement to coach Cleveland.

Haven’t Browns fans suffered enough?

Feejis
    Participant

Does WordPress allow us to post photos from phones yet?

I was behind a “Joseph Gill, Electrician” van today.

Participant

Mazz and Murray apoplectic about Patterson. All he is is strong and fast! never good qualities in a football player

Is this the pivot from the tomato cans message? The wins over 6-3 Houston, 5-3 Chi, 5-4 Miami, 8-1 KC have led them to instead look for style points?

:weei: New from : The Patriots had some iffy moments in this win over the Packers.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Yes, we all know Bedard is allegedly conducting an investigation as to Loyko.

However, as far as I know, there hasn’t been a peep from Loyko defending himself. If he going all-in on his career on a Bedard finding?

Both of them are probably hoping it blows over. Where else will Coach Betard find someone who will work for peanuts.

So far I haven’t seen any stories about him as a teacher getting canned.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar