Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/8/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 25 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Nick B
    Participant

Yep, More high end condos on the way.

Ironhead
    Participant

That’s a shame.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Good riddance to 135 Morrissey Boulevard. Whether the Globe plant was built on an old toxic waste site, or it had to do with the printing press’s location and poor ventilation, or it was simply a goddam fluke — whatever — the place had a very high cancer rate.

Lebron
    Participant

Yep, More high end condos on the way.

I think the preferred nomenclature is “high density housing”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What are they doing with those gigantic presses?

Suzy
    Participant

Late to this but the vicious Van Noy attacks are outrageous even for those smarmy assholes. Was reading up on him and the guy does a ton of work in the community on behalf of adopted kids & their families, and clearly plays hard & says all the right things as a Patriot.

WTF.

Yet these slugs continue trying to destroy the man’s reputation through baseless character assassination (on the station that broadcasts Pats games FFS).

So morally wrong and just fucking disturbing.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

What are they doing with those gigantic presses?

Print T shirts for Beetle.

Gill shots are low-hanging fruit, but they’re hard to resist. Here he’s replying to some social media hero of his, who’s spouting some trite, Henry Ford-ish aphorism:

Yes, please give me the untalented, perpetually unemployed, quad laid off (quince?), strangely overconfident guy who thinks he blends seamlessly into company culture.

Joe posted a new article on LinkedIn. A taste:

Be A Mad Scientist

Grab your lab coat, mess up your hair and grab your Bunsen burner….

It’s time to experiment….

A/B Test your copy and creative…see what is truly resonates.

Choose how to package and distribute your content.

Post a video on IG TV?

Write a blog post on Medium?

Perhaps a Paid ad on Facebook?

Try it. Fix It. Try It.

Keep tweaking the content and distribution formula….

Little more electricity here…

A few more bolts there…

Then watch your “Contentenstein Monster” rise off the table…

Your audience won’t be a crazed mob greeting your creation with pitchforks and torches but rather embracing him because of the value he delivers…

Trusting their children with the cuddly behemoth…

Nobody’s ever accused Joe of not belaboring an analogy to death. And all those ellipses aren’t me picking and choosing what of his article to post; they’re his punctuation of choice.

jforb
    Participant

Contentenstein :lol:   :blink:

Wonder how Joe defines value?

chicowalker
    Participant

WHAT content?  I’m not even value judging, wtf does he do? Does Joe come home from Stop and Shop with two empty brown bags, 2 empty paper, and 2 empty reusable bags?  So many ways for groceries to be transported! And his family starves  :wall:

Participant

NY Daily News on Carton:  “When the first-time-caller, long-time-morons are verbally genuflecting, you feel like you are invincible.” Save that one Rene.

Contentenstein 😆 :blink:

Wonder how Joe defines value?

Seriously, why the extra “en”? Why not “Contentstein”? I mean it still sucks ass, but at least it’s closer to sounding like the actual name.

In addition to the Frankenstein analogy, he does an equally tortured Sherlock Holmes analogy. His closing:

If you would like me to be your Doctor Frankenstein and Sherlock Holmes for your social media efforts, please leave a comment below…

Even if I didn’t already know Joe’s history, his not knowing how to use ellipses would alone be a dealbreaker.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Contentula

Valuencer Tepes, Count Contentula

Contentzilla

King Kontentkong

Content from the Black Lagoon

Darth Valuencer

… DAMMIT!!   :ozzy:    :smile:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Joe posted a new article on LinkedIn. A taste:

Be A Mad Scientist

Grab your lab coat, mess up your hair and grab your Bunsen burner….

It’s time to experiment….

A/B Test your copy and creative…see what is truly resonates.

Choose how to package and distribute your content.

Post a video on IG TV?

Write a blog post on Medium?

Perhaps a Paid ad on Facebook?

Try it. Fix It. Try It.

Keep tweaking the content and distribution formula….

Little more electricity here…

A few more bolts there…

Then watch your “Contentenstein Monster” rise off the table…

Your audience won’t be a crazed mob greeting your creation with pitchforks and torches but rather embracing him because of the value he delivers…

Trusting their children with the cuddly behemoth…

Nobody’s ever accused Joe of not belaboring an analogy to death. And all those ellipses aren’t me picking and choosing what of his article to post; they’re his punctuation of choice.

The guy is a jungle tiger on doing nothing.

Be A Valuepire Hunter
    Grab your cross, rub garlic on your neck and grab your wooden stakes….

It’s time to hunt….

Post a video at night?

Take a bite out of Medium?

Content is your lifeblood…

Let your content and distribution formula take flight….

Dust off the cobwebs of your creativity…

Sharpen the fangs of your A/B testing…

Then watch your “Content Dracula” rise from the coffin…

Your audience won’t be a braless Winona Ryder running down the steps in the rain but rather embracing him because of the value he delivers…

Offering up their necks, eternal children of the night in concert with their Content Master…

Big Fat O
    Participant

Gill is looking for a job where he can have the peons execute his cockamamie ideas and he gets credit.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Gill is looking for a job where he can have the peons execute his cockamamie ideas and he gets credit.

Well, I wouldn’t mind that myself.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Isn’t that everyone’s dream job?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So, OK. Down 20 points at the half to a 2-8 team. That’s not ideal.

Coma
    Participant

Late to this but the vicious Van Noy attacks are outrageous even for those smarmy assholes. Was reading up on him and the guy does a ton of work in the community on behalf of adopted kids & their families, and clearly plays hard & says all the right things as a Patriot.

WTF.

Yet these slugs continue trying to destroy the man’s reputation through baseless character assassination (on the station that broadcasts Pats games FFS).

What makes it bizarre is there’s nothing about Van Noy that should make him a target or polarizing figure. I could see F & M going after Edelman or Gronkowski, saying they’re tired of their acts. With those two, at least there is something there if you’re looking for a negative angle. With Van Noy, I can’t think of anything he does on the field, off the field, contract-wise, social media, politics, etc that earn him the wrath of the talk radio fools. It would be like if Mike and Tony decided to attack Mitch Moreland for his alleged “antics.”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Holy shit. Overtime.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Claude45
    Participant

WTF.

What makes it bizarre is there’s nothing about Van Noy that should make him a target or polarizing figure. I could see F & M going after Edelman or Gronkowski, saying they’re tired of their acts. With those two, at least there is something there if you’re looking for a negative angle. With Van Noy, I can’t think of anything he does on the field, off the field, contract-wise, social media, politics, etc that earn him the wrath of the talk radio fools. It would be like if Mike and Tony decided to attack Mitch Moreland for his alleged “antics.”

Well, Van Noy’s black and the other two guys are white. There’s no doubt in my mind that Felger is racist. Wellesley/Nantucket limousine  liberal racist but he’s racist.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar