Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/9/18 Daily Thread – Contentenstein vs. BufferChat…

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

A Clash of Two Great Unknowns…

Poor Joe Gill is perpetually at the “????” step before “Profit.” He just doesn’t seem to realize it doesn’t matter how much you value content if you don’t have any content to share.

I caught the end of the Celtics game last night. Pretty impressive to hit 13 shots in a row to come back and tie the game in regulation, then take the lead for good in OT.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Are the Steelers Team X now?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I wonder what the crowd mix will be at Chestnut Hill on Saturday night.  I’d could see 30-40% Clemson fans.

rclane
    Participant

Stupid Joe went to the Bruins/Predators game in Nashville last weekend. Other than predictably thought he deserved a win, he posted a video on his Big Bad Bruins Nation Facebook page showing what he was packing for his trip. I couldn’t make it through the whole thing, but he mentioned that he had moved on from his job because it wasn’t a good fit and was looking for a new one. Either he got fired for being a 40 something creep working as a social media intern or he quit without having a new gig lined up.

jforb
    Participant

Stupid Joe went to the Bruins/Predators game in Nashville last weekend. Other than predictably thought he deserved a win, he posted a video on his Big Bad Bruins Nation Facebook page showing what he was packing for his trip. I couldn’t make it through the whole thing, but he mentioned that he had moved on from his job because it wasn’t a good fit and was looking for a new one. Either he got fired for being a 40 something creep working as a social media intern or he quit without having a new gig lined up.

It’s been his pinned tweet since 10/23 apparently. You think that as a social marketer, he’d retweet it every day or two.

Yahtzee
    Participant

So, how did he afford a trip to Nashville?

jforb
    Participant

Wife paid him to go away for a few days I assume.

Participant

Paid them in Valuencer Dollars?

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t he tweet endlessly on how great TJ Maxx was and pay attention corporate America this is how you treat employees?  Now it isn’t a good fit?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Are the Steelers Team X now?

According to the postgame show, without a doubt, yes. In the same breath as KC and NE and maybe just a bit better than the Pats right now. Of course they still need to play at Jax, Chargers, NE and at NO.  I’d say they go 2-2 at best there.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I love Joe Gill Fridays.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Joe just needs to give it up and work at Costco’s.

Lebron
    Participant

I have a couple of buddies that are still suckers for the fresh car smell of a new job.  Every year it’s got a new job it’s unlike anyplace I’ve ever been everyone is great and yeah sure I took a pay/job title cut but they promised they’d promote me real soon.  6 months later it’s this place blows worst job I’ve ever had.

Suzy
    Participant

He’s stupid right down to his core.

“for being a 40 something creep working as a social media intern”

:lol:
    Gotta be, right?

Lebron
    Participant

Random post:  Was watching a documentary on the US Festival in ’82/’83, had no idea the whole thing was Steve Wozniaki’s idea and he put up all the money.  Assumed it was a Bill Graham deal.

Participant

Only 2 good jobs Danny, your last one and your next one.

He’s stupid right down to his core.

“for being a 40 something creep working as a social media intern”

Gotta be, right?

I would’ve given anything to be a fly on the wall for his first day.

Ping pong table!! FREE Green Mountain coffee? Minimum wage? FREE TJX calendar?  –  HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP!! OH THE MANTEARS!

Of course it all comes crashing down again.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Random post: Was watching a documentary on the US Festival in ’82/’83, had no idea the whole thing was Steve Wozniaki’s idea and he put up all the money. Assumed it was a Bill Graham deal.

Saw that doc a month or so back and it was pretty damn good. Also didn’t realize the whole Woz connection and how much money he lost. Loved the tension between the Wozniak folks who felt entitled to do whatever they wanted and Graham telling them all to pound sand. They would change the backstage passes regularly and the tech guys would get one and go out and copy/re-create them on their 1982 computers and an hour later they all had fake passes again.

Lebron
    Participant

Random post: Was watching a documentary on the US Festival in ’82/’83, had no idea the whole thing was Steve Wozniaki’s idea and he put up all the money. Assumed it was a Bill Graham deal.

Saw that doc a month or so back and it was pretty damn good. Also didn’t realize the whole Woz connection and how much money he lost. Loved the tension between the Wozniak folks who felt entitled to do whatever they wanted and Graham telling them all to pound sand. They would change the backstage passes regularly and the tech guys would get one and go out and copy/re-create them on their 1982 computers and an hour later they all had fake passes again.

I’m about halfway through it.  I love Woz repeatedly saying I had more money than I knew what to do with so why not.  Just handing out checks left and right.  The Graham people saying you can’t hold a concert here the land is all wrong then just call in the earthmovers and CTC.  I didn’t know there were 2 events, I always thought there was just the 1 and that was the one with Van Halen closing it, which was the ’83.  They should do one on California Jam from the mid ’70s.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I wonder what the crowd mix will be at Chestnut Hill on Saturday night. I’d could see 30-40% Clemson fans.

I forgot to notice if there was an influx of RV’s at the Framingham Walmart parking lot. Typically I’ll see a few parked there when BC plays a southern school.

Coma
    Participant

Didn’t he tweet endlessly on how great TJ Maxx was and pay attention corporate America this is how you treat employees? Now it isn’t a good fit?

I remember tweets or FB posts from him gushing about the hand signed Christmas card from some higher up, free cookies and singing TJX themed Christmas carols at the bowling alley in Patriot Place a couple years ago. Last year, I don’t recall any posts along those lines. He also tweeted 6 or 10 months ago that he wasn’t going to work through lunch anymore, stating he needed some “me” time.

Like Lebron said, the next job Joe gets will be the absolute best, though.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I wonder what the crowd mix will be at Chestnut Hill on Saturday night. I’d could see 30-40% Clemson fans.

I forgot to notice if there was an influx of RV’s at the Framingham Walmart parking lot. Typically I’ll see a few parked there when BC plays a southern school.

So strange

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Gill strikes me like the type of dolt that prioritizes a fun work environment over all else. I woudn’t be surprised if he once turned down a job entirely based on the fact it didin’t see like a ‘fun’ place to work.

Suzy
    Participant

Didn’t he tweet endlessly on how great TJ Maxx was and pay attention corporate America this is how you treat employees? Now it isn’t a good fit?

I remember tweets or FB posts from him gushing about the hand signed Christmas card from some higher up, free cookies and singing TJX themed Christmas carols at the bowling alley in Patriot Place a couple years ago. Last year, I don’t recall any posts along those lines. He also tweeted 6 or 10 months ago that he wasn’t going to work through lunch anymore, stating he needed some “me” time.

“FB posts from him gushing about the hand signed Christmas card from some higher up” :lol:
    “Me” time :rollseyes:

Doesn’t he have a kid now, while wifey works full time to put bread on the table and buy him game shirts & road tickets/transport? This dullard fascinates me.

Lebron
    Participant

Joe ain’t gonna like this

The Boston Bruins have announced that goaltender Tuukka Rask has been granted a leave of absence by the team due to a ‘personal matter.’

No other details on the reason for the leave of absence have been given.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“FB posts from him gushing about the hand signed Christmas card from some higher up” :lol:

“Me” time :rollseyes:

Doesn’t he have a kid now, while wifey works full time to put bread on the table and buy him game shirts & road tickets/transport? This dullard fascinates me.

He would have loved working corporate in 1995 all the free cups, pens, stress balls, sleeve of golf balls and if he was lucky an Ogio tote bag at Christmas. Then corporate realized this is a waste of their money.

NASCL
    Participant

That settles it.  I know where I’m taking my kid after hockey tonight.

Claude45
    Participant

Gill strikes me like the type of dolt that prioritizes a fun work environment over all else. I woudn’t be surprised if he once turned down a job entirely based on the fact it didin’t see like a ‘fun’ place to work.

I like to think Joe gets fired because he’s too enthusiastic. “We’re really glad you love to work here Joe and I’d never thought I’d have to say this to anyone but it’s not that great here. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fine but your love for working here is weird and unlike what I said in your interview, I guess you can care too much. So anyway, we’re going to let you go before this gets any weirder.”

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Joe’s never going to find another job and will be a contract employee that’s not renewed or let go before a potential hire date every time. There’s no way he was ever full time permanent at TJX.

He’s what? 45? You know his resume is overdone touting 20+ years of experience, and he’s only qualified for entry level jobs or just above. There are no senior or director level positions in the 20-years-experience range in Joe’s future.

And there’s no way he can tailor his resume to a specific job opportunity and not maximizing himself as a valuencer. All that experience is value added!

Lebron
    Participant

Odell Beckham Jr.: Giants are in ‘must-win’ mode for rest of season

Shouldn’t YOU be in full blown tank mode?  YOU’RE 1-7

Here’s a highly valuable piece from Joe on his ROCKIN Linkedin page. There is some amazing advice that resonated with me. How can this man child not find employment? :weei:

The Makeup Of A Successful Social Media Marketer = Storyteller + Mad Scientist + Detective
    Published on November 1, 2018
    Joe Gill
    Social Media Jedi + Founder Of #Valuencer + Blue Collar Guy In A White Collar Job + LinkedInLocal Boston Host
    Like2
    Comment01
    To be a successful social media marketer, it’s more than telling (I recommend showing your story, psst no one really reads anymore) your story by creating value ad content.

The most visually appealing and informative infographic or a video that is smothered in “WOW Factor” won’t reach its full potential unless you experiment with the copy, creative and distribution channels.

Don’t ever assume what your audience wants or needs…

Be A Mad Scientist
    Grab your lab coat, mess up your hair and grab your Bunsen burner….

It’s time to experiment….

A/B Test your copy and creative…see what is truly resonates.

Choose how to package and distribute your content.

Post a video on IG TV?

Write a blog post on Medium?

Perhaps a Paid ad on Facebook?

Try it. Fix It. Try It.

Keep tweaking the content and distribution formula….

Little more electricity here…

A few more bolts there…

Then watch your “Contentenstein Monster” rise off the table…

Your audience won’t be a crazed mob greeting your creation with pitchforks and torches but rather embracing him because of the value he delivers…

Trusting their children with the cuddly behemoth…

But it doesn’t end after your content strikes a chord or solves a problem…

Be A Detective
    Time to gather the clues that your audience has left behind to build your case…

Look at the social media channel AND Google analytics….

How is engagement?

Are members of your community liking but not commenting?

Is the content being shared?

Are viewers bailing on your video after a few seconds?

Is the Call To Action leading visitors to a website/landing page that is off message?

Are you providing TRUE VALUE?

With all the qualitative and quantitative data at your fingertips, you have all the intelligence and evidence needed to build an ironclad case.

However, if you can’t find these content clues with your Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass, you will surely receive a guilty verdict for not doing your due diligence as a social media marketer.

If you would like me to be your Doctor Frankenstein and Sherlock Holmes for your social media efforts, please leave a comment below…

RedSeat
    Participant

Joe ain’t gonna like this

The Boston Bruins have announced that goaltender Tuukka Rask has been granted a leave of absence by the team due to a ‘personal matter.’

No other details on the reason for the leave of absence have been given.

Probably just some “me” time.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Is “smothered in WOW Factor” too long of a screen name for Word Press?  I’d consider changing.

Coma
    Participant

Odell Beckham Jr.: Giants are in ‘must-win’ mode for rest of season

Shouldn’t YOU be in full blown tank mode? YOU’RE 1-7

Alternately, shouldn’t “must-win” mode have kicked in when they were 1-3 or 1-4? I hope they go on a 5 game winning streak and push themselves away from the top of the draft.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Pretty sure the Giant’s could have managed to go 1-7 without backing the Brinks truck up to OBJ’s house in the off season. Lousy ROI on that one.

chicowalker
    Participant

WW2 felger pointed this out yesterday-

Mensa Matt

Gammorean Guard

:ohmy: :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

Dez has already torn his achilles tendon. Well, that didn’t take long.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

You may get frustrated and think no one cares. However, if you can leave a job and say the department is in better shape than when you arrived, that’s pretty gratifying. I am now seeking another fixer upper to make into a marketing mansion.

That’s from 2013. And Joe, nobody cares.

Is there anywhere that he addresses the VALUE of actually proofreading your VALUE-ADDED CONTENT and making sure it doesn’t sound like a third-grader wrote it? Every friggin thing this guy writes has an assload of mistakes in it. Honestly, I can’t get enough of his CONTENT!

The link to his “social media portfolio” on LinkedIn is a broken link. His “writing samples” are from five years ago, and contain classics like the Taco Bell/Skechers whine-athon. CONTENT GOLD!

I also love when he uses a new word and has to write it out like a dictionary entry, complete with the phonetic spelling. Of course, even that is a challenge for Joe:

blitz·krieg  (bltskrg)

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Litmus test: If he spells loser “looser,” then we know for sure he is one.

Lebron
    Participant

He doesn’t think people read anymore.  Execs?  Decision makers? Budget owners?  All morons.  None of them read.  Just slap some pictures together and you have your cuddly content monster.  PTT.  Hey honey, did you pay the mortgage?  You better get on that, I’m Pet Semetarying some content.  And get me some wings while you’re at it.  And potstickers.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Yeah, I’m willing to waive any litmus tests for Joe here.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Dez has already torn his achilles tendon. Well, that didn’t take long.

Wow. Quite a year for him.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Cam Newton’s pick six which is at the :36 mark here is mind-roastingly bad.

Lebron
    Participant

I still can’t get past that fumble in the Super Bowl.  Peyton with all of his neckbolts would have fucking tried to get it back.

Feejis
    Participant

With all due respect to the fine people on this board (and any possible relatives), “social media marketing” isn’t a real skill and certainly not something a guy in his mid 40s with a beer gut should be dedicating his entire existence to.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I still can’t get past that fumble in the Super Bowl. Peyton with all of his neckbolts would have fucking tried to get it back.

http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Broncos-Safety-first-play-Super-Bowl.gif

Confirmed.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

With all due respect to the fine people on this board (and any possible relatives), “social media marketing” isn’t a real skill and certainly not something a guy in his mid 40s with a beer gut should be dedicating his entire existence to.

The person who does it in our group is a woman in her 60s. I guarantee she knows more about this stuff than Joe, while caring approximately 9000% less about “valuencing” and the like. She has a real job in our marketing organization. Joe’s resume is a rag-tag collection of specialist/consultant roles for the past 20 years. I don’t think he’s ever made it more than 2 years anywhere. He’s a “social media Jedi” who can’t write a coherent sentence. Also, he really is a slob. It’s amazing. I can’t look away.

Lebron
    Participant

Last place I was at had a late 20s early 30s girl doing it and she was pretty good at it from all accounts.  She also dressed pretty well and didn’t sound like a mental defective.  Gill looks like Captain Caveman

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Maybe Gill needs a business partner:  J. P. Ricciardi and Mets Part Company.

Poor Nick.   :rollseyes:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Where was it showing/streaming?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar