Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/10/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 46 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 1 year ago.

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Major Intangibles
    Participant

This Louis CK business is just like the plot of an unaired Muzz & JF episode;

Cracking the Carrigott: A beloved local comedian is accused of performing unnatural acts in front of shocked women. Guest starring Jimmy Tingle.

Standards & Practices put the kibosh on that one. Sad!

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Fellas, it’s been good to know ya.

Kevin
    Participant

The couple of minutes I put on F&M two callers offered their support and then told Felger all the crazy dangerous shit they used to do before marriage and kids.

Four hours of that seems like a good punishment.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Who’s accusing you of what, Blinded? We’ll take care of it.

Feejis
    Participant

Gales of November came early?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Gales of November came early?

As the big Posters go, he was bigger than most.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Sadly, the Gales of November look like they can easily topple 2017-vintage Lightfoot.   :-(

(This video taken last weekend at a statue dedication in Orillia, Ontario)

When something lines up so perfect phonetically as “Edmund Fitzgerald” and “Ryan Fitzpatrick”, you really have no choice but to go for the full spoof. Every last verse.

Lebron
    Participant

The couple of minutes I put on F&M two callers offered their support and then told Felger all the crazy dangerous shit they used to do before marriage and kids. Four hours of that seems like a good punishment.

Nothing worse than CEO wannabes regaling you with stories of yore nearly dying on the assault up Mt. Monadnock Ranier.

Participant

Speaking of Orillia. Parents these days might be reluctant to send the kids to a camp run by a guy nicknamed “Shaky”.

Kevin
    Participant

If you need another reason to not read it:

Greek Freak
    Participant

Couldn’t sleep last night so I watched the post-game crap on NFL Network.   All the hosts were slobbering all over Russell Wilson like he was the 2nd coming, and asking all these questions about Wilson’s dead father and if he thought he was watching over him last night.    The way they were talking I figured his old man must have died recently,  I look it up and he died in 2010. :blink:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

http://bsmw.net/BSMW_Discussion_Board/topic/10172016-daily-thread/page/2/#post-72426

Don’t worry about your old post getting dinged back to +18, ITT. On the new Board, it’s like Judge Roy Moore says; 14 is the new 20.

Lebron
    Participant

Couldn’t sleep last night so I watched the post-game crap on NFL Network. All the hosts were slobbering all over Russell Wilson like he was the 2nd coming, and asking all these questions about Wilson’s dead father and if he thought he was watching over him last night. The way they were talking I figured his old man must have died recently, I look it up and he died in 2010. :blink:

The same people who were screaming Edelman was concussed and should have been out of XLIX thought it was a gas when DangeRuss ducked into the tent with no one ins sight and ran out self diagnosing he was fine.  What a competitor!

Kevin
    Participant

Hey, stunned silence at “Can I pull my dick out, ladies?” is basically a yes.

chicowalker
    Participant

Mystery of his odd last name figured out. He’s just Louie- the introduction/seamless transition of “Hi I’m Louie- see? (points down to him furiously cranking it; takes their stunned silence as tacit approval) Kay”. (finishes)

Ironhead
    Participant

I’m hearing this as well.

Participant

jforb
    Participant

Guess a holiday and a weekend off NBC sports Boston is a start…

Lebron
    Participant

DJ Bean‏Verified account
    @DJ_Bean
    And relax about Felger. He took it a little too far. We’ll all live

We’ll all live.  Well, except for Halladay.  That’s Pete’s move!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Who are these people who tweet things like this?:

Looks like I have no reason to watch your station on Sunday before the Pats then, thanks for the heads up

People actually want to listen to Felger? On purpose? I understand if you’re trapped in traffic and hate Dale but . . .

Kevin
    Participant

The replies to that are so depressing.

Either the network people are pussies because Felger was right on, or they didn’t do enough to punish him. They all should DIAF.

Lebron
    Participant

Read somewhere that Carton was getting $250k from WFAN.  Have we ever concluded what Felger makes?

chicowalker
    Participant

Holy shit that DJ Bean’s feed.  Millenial cunt Big jim Worry

Kevin
    Participant

Holy shit that DJ Bean’s feed. Millenial cunt Big jim Worry

New Taylor Swift album coming out, he must be in all his non-ironic hipster glory.

chicowalker
    Participant

Holy shit that DJ Bean’s feed. Millenial cunt Big jim Worry

New Taylor Swift album coming out, he must be in all his non-ironic hipster glory.

I saw the phrase “Ed Sheerhan spit bars…” and swallowed my tongue.  I’m sure his grandfather is proud of the man he’s become

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Wow. Louis C.K. just commuted hari kari.

Coma
    Participant

Headline at PFT: Gregg Williams Upset Team’s In-house Radio Host Questioned Myles Garrett

I guess all the media folks are lucky Williams never worked in New England. He’d be working his way through a hit list, tracking them down, one by one.

jforb
    Participant

Thought you meant literally

Lebron
    Participant

I think the only one who is going to come out of this unscathed is Rebhorn.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Eventually, the women are going to get into that act. 80% of the casting industry is women, I can’t believe they’ve never abused that power.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Thought you meant literally

Everything but.

Reminds me i need to watch Horace and Pete before they yank it from Hulu.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Headline at PFT: Gregg Williams Upset Team’s In-house Radio Host Questioned Myles Garrett I guess all the media folks are lucky Williams never worked in New England. He’d be working his way through a hit list, tracking them down, one by one.

I can’t imagine it would take much coin for a bounty on Shank, Giardi, Felger, Mazz, Adam Jones, Bertrand, Minihane, etc., etc., etc.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Eventually, the women are going to get into that act. 80% of the casting industry is women, I can’t believe they’ve never abused that power.

I can’t believe I’ve kept this bottled up for so long. It’s time to unburden myself, and this is the place to do it. Betty Thomas forced me to toss her salad for a bit part in “Troop Beverly Hills”. No, I’m not proud, but I’m starting to realize it was not my fault. I needed the job. Quite honestly, once I got past the smell, I had it licked.

Greek Freak
    Participant

Kyrie out for the game with a concussion

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just listened to the TEC hour on EEI. He’s not an ayhole.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Won’t last but something called Utah Valley University is beating Kentucky in the second half.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Something else from the Ryan Fitzpatrick 10/2016 Thread

What team and player is he watching? “Coach” Betard strikes again.

Coma
    Participant

NBC Sports Boston (but not 98.5) suspended Felger from this afternoon through Sunday. I’m sure harsh discipline like that will really make an impact on him and make him change his ways. :rollseyes:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Washington Post out with a long article of Jerry Jones vs. Goodell.  Two jerks.  The following statement, however, calls into question the reporting:

If Jones’s siege is getting to Goodell, he hasn’t shown it, and the man who basks in fans’ boos each year during the NFL draft is taking a similar approach with a former ally who is now a formidable opponent.

Goodell basks in the boos like the kids in Stand by Me bask in a pond of leeches.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Tom Pepper
    Participant

I want to have sex with that win. John Crotty type dubya.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Winning without their top three players no less.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Winning without their top three players no less.

Even though they’re not one, they play like a dominating veteran team that expects to win every time.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Wonder if Zo knows his Roy Moore-esque theme song, “Josie” is now also the theme song for “bounce” tv commercials?

I guess I could probably assume that Zo would have no idea what “bounce” actually is.

jforb
    Participant

Wonder if Zo knows his Roy Moore-esque theme song, “Josie” is now also the theme song for “bounce” tv commercials?

I guess I could probably assume that Zo would have no idea what “bounce” actually is.

It’s what most of his passes did off the ground.

Viewing 47 posts - 1 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar