Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/1/2017 Daily Thread……special guest

This topic contains 97 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 48 posts - 51 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Kevin
    Participant

Patriots away game viewing for season tickets used to be free food in the Fidelity Club and you could sit inside or sit in the club seats and watch on the big screen and take the kids to run around on the field at halftime.

Now:

LOCATION: Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill at Patriot Place
    $10 food voucher, complimentary soda and snacks.

Receive a wristband for complimentary soda at other participating Patriot Place Restaurants.

SPECIAL APPEARANCES: Meet and greet with our Alumni, Cheerleaders and Pat Patriot.

HALFTIME ANALYSIS: Patriots Football Weekly’s Paul Perillo and Andy Hart will breakdown the first half action.

WIN PATRIOTS PRIZES: Piñata prizes and “Wear It & Win!” Wear your 2017 Patriots Season Ticket Member pin to be entered to win autographed items, ProShop Gift Cards and more!

Perillo and Dumbo at Toby Keith’s? Blecch. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Any complaints about your bread bowl, Mr. Gill? :ohmy:   ;-)

Lebron
    Participant

A wristband for free soda?

Feejis
    Participant

That email depressed me when I saw it.

chicowalker
    Participant

wait, so Gillette used to be open for all road games?

Gimp
    Participant

Good quick slants with Curran and Phil Perry laying out the Jimmy G trade.  Some interesting points about possible compensatory picks if they hadn’t traded him now.

Participant

That email depressed me when I saw it.

“Cross Platform Brand Synergy is what it’s all about.”

Feejis
    Participant

Once a year

Lefty

The Papa John’s douchebag making a scene is step on in Peyton Manning’s rise to be commissioner…

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

With the current media focus on sexual harassment why hasn’t Pey-Pey’s tea-bagging the trainer incident come up?

Participant

With the current media focus on sexual harassment why hasn’t Pey-Pey’s tea-bagging the trainer incident come up?

Because Bob Klemko said nothing to see here folks, move along?

Curran and Perry seem to think a Kraft “Brady stays” message was at the very least inferred. We’ll never know what the truth is, but I always thought – based on what we’ve witnessed with Belichick – he’ll listen to (read: “tolerate”) Kraft’s input, but every football decision is Belichick’s alone to make. I’ve come around on the Parcells split to believe Kraft absolutely meddled, and to his credit hasn’t done the same with Belichick.

Brady’s obviously a special case,  and from a positive perspective, it’s his continued great play that’s created the dilemma in the first place. Other teams draft replacement QBs, and everything follows script: the current QB deteriorates, and the replacement takes over, typically coupled with years missing the playoffs.  We’re bitching about first-world problems here.  “Oh, damn it all ! We have to stick with the best player ever to play the game! Woe is us!”

Kraft is entitled to put his foot down, if that’s indeed what he did. It is his franchise, after all, and certainly Brady has tangible value to the franchise beyond what he does on the field. I’m just saying if he really did overrule Belichick, I can’t see Belichick sticking around long after that.

I’m sad from the perspective I wanted to see Belichick win with Garoppolo, too. But not if that means shooing a still-great Brady out the door. Brady being too good is a problem I can live with.

Her label as extorting opportunist has long since cemented. Nobody’s revisiting that.

Kevin
    Participant

A wristband for free soda?

Complimentary red Solo cup, though!

Hacksaw
    Participant

Her label as extorting opportunist has long since cemented. Nobody’s revisiting that.

Peyton is the king of the entitled generation. All compliments and one time breaks for bad judgement.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The impact of Entercom’s acquisition of CBS Radio has finally shaken out, with that deal supposed to close November 17.  Beasley Broadcast Group (link) will own 98.5 The Sports Hub; meanwhile, FWIW, iHeart Media (formerly Clear Channel) will own old warhorse WBZ 1030.

Lebron
    Participant

Even if Peyton’s version of the story is true, what a weirdo.  I called out to some random cross country runner in the trainer’s room and mooned him.  Who randomly moons people?  Then the guy’s response was “Aw, you’re an ass”, also weird.  Wouldn’t you say something similar to what the fuck is wrong with you?

Peyton is the king of the entitled generation. All compliments and one time breaks for bad judgement.

I will say there doesn’t seem to be a pattern,  unlike say Favre, who had a reputation of partaking of the Wisconsin locals on hunting trips with Chmura long before he sent the dick pics to the FSU chick.

Did Peyton have others besides the trainer making claims?

Lebron
    Participant

I will say there doesn’t seem to be a pattern, unlike say Favre, who had a reputation of partaking of the Wisconsin locals on hunting trips with Chmura long before he sent the dick pics to the FSU chick. Did Peyton have others besides the trainer making claims?

We’ve spoken with a number of women who thought that something might have happened and reminded them that they must be mistaken.

Coma
    Participant

Norwood Zip posted a link to a NY Post article (link) on the subject on Monday. The fact that we’re asking about when this topic will come up on Wednesday shows it didn’t register at all with the public.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Talk about a lower, lower body injury: David Backes will have colon surgery to treat his diverticulitis and will be out until early January at least. I wonder how much weight he’ll lose in the bargain.

Backes, Beleskey, Hayes … that Don Sweeney is doing a helluva job.

Claude45
    Participant

So I’m expected to believe that Bob Kraft, who turns into a pile of agreeably complicit jelly when confronted by the likes of Rodger Goodell, would stand up to Belichick on Brady? He knuckled under and let Goodell take a dump on Brady/Pats/Belichick/his own careers and legacies. If Brady was “allowed” to stick around and play out the string, it was Belichick’s idea.

Big Fat O
    Participant

How about this one.

BB and Jimmy decide to not sign any deal before the draft and not trade him and see how the 1st half of the season goes since Jimmy has probably told him he’s not going to sign if he doesn’t play.

Jimmy sees Brady’s not slowing down so he asks to be traded. BB gets a pick and Jimmy gets to play.

Does Krafty Bob get involved maybe but why would B.B. Even consider getting rid of Brady with the way he is playing.

BB wants to win and the best QB that can help him win plays.

BSF34
    Participant

The impact of Entercom’s acquisition of CBS Radio has finally shaken out, with that deal supposed to close November 17. Beasley Broadcast Group (link) will own 98.5 The Sports Hub; meanwhile, FWIW, iHeart Media (formerly Clear Channel) will own old warhorse WBZ 1030.

How will this affect the Entercom intramurals?

Wait, what?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Once a year

Tommyfw
    Participant

The impact of Entercom’s acquisition of CBS Radio has finally shaken out, with that deal supposed to close November 17. Beasley Broadcast Group (link) will own 98.5 The Sports Hub; meanwhile, FWIW, iHeart Media (formerly Clear Channel) will own old warhorse WBZ 1030.

How will this affect the Entercom intramurals?

Dickie’s going deep tonight!

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

If you worked for iHeart Media, how hard would it be to make it through the day without taking your own life?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Smoltz is good. Perfect start for the Astros is right.

Yahtzee
    Participant

This may be just mine own game thread.

Kershaw limbering up!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Boom! 5-0.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

When Dave Maynard and Carl deSuze enter a room, you STAND UP, soldier!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Houston on the cusp of the verge?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

BrianInLA
    Participant

Fucking Dodgers. Kudos to Houston if they win for beating the top 3 payrolls along the way (and I think it was 3,2,1 as far as money spent).

Lebron
    Participant

2 hours 20 minutes to play 5 innings.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Brown and Tatum are going to be a fun duo to watch for years. Jesus these kids are good for their age.

BrianInLA
    Participant

2 hours 20 minutes to play 5 innings.

Everyone is Joe Maddon these days.  Verlander to come in after pitching last night? Old school.  I also agree with Smoltz.  Why not just start Keyshaw if you were going to use him for 4? Morton nearly gets killed with a shattered bat and LA has left 22 men on base thru 7.

I am still trying to decide if this guy who supposedly bet on every World Series game and let it ride is real or not. ITT would know. But he was up like 14 million so far and ended up not betting this game.  I don’t even know if a book would take a bet that big on one game of baseball.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

For all the “Series for the Ages” claptrap the Fox broadcast heaped on us this evening, I’m kind of saddened that if it wasn’t for the Championship in the balance, this is the type of ballgame that gives baseball a bad rep. Nearly three hours to the sixth inning. Hit batsmen. Pitching changes. Not a single close play at a base. And a 4-run gap. Earlier WS games had me believing that no 5-run lead was safe. This game makes me think an early bedtime might be a  good option.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I am still hoping for the usual Houston postseason bullpen to show up and give up 6 runs and then beat the Dodgers in 10 because LA used their closer down 5-1 in the 7th and they ended up with Puig on the mound.

jforb
    Participant

For all the “Series for the Ages” claptrap the Fox broadcast heaped on us this evening, I’m kind of saddened that if it wasn’t for the Championship in the balance, this is the type of ballgame that gives baseball a bad rep. Nearly three hours to the sixth inning. Hit batsmen. Pitching changes. Not a single close play at a base. And a 4-run gap. Earlier WS games had me believing that no 5-run lead was safe. This game makes me think an early bedtime might be a good option.

I said elsewhere that as much as I like the back to back of baseball, this game would be so much better played tomorrow night.

jforb
    Participant

Made it before midnight.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Thumbs up.

BrianInLA
    Participant

That’s a rather subdued reaction from a team that has never won a championship.  The Sox’ 3rd in 10 years was like Mardi Gras compared to this.  Verlander doing the “not sure if I should grab my hot Dodger fan fiancé out of the first row” look.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I love that Charlie Morton is so unpolished. Good for him.

Contrast with McCullers who is so much more media ready.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Yahtzee.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Ya, that was pretty cool.  Probably how I would sound in that situation.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Springer, Brian Leetch and Jonathan Quick all went to the same high school in CT.  All MVP finals winners. I feel like fatty.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Springer is  a nut case. In the best way possible.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Yahtzee.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Okay, Correa is the nut.

BrianInLA
    Participant

At first I thought it was a random fan.  THAT would have been smooth.

Viewing 48 posts - 51 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar