Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/1/2017 Daily Thread……special guest

This topic contains 97 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Game 7 tonight. I put the blame for that primarily on Josh Reddick. Can’t strike out in that spot.

If there’s any blame it’s on the gay Senior Circuit rules of pitchers hitting.

Suzy
    Participant

That’s some next level depravity from Peter. What a psychopath. It’s bad enough that he calls him Joltin’ Joe but because he clearly remembers that being the cover from his story. Holy fuck.

He’s dying for someone to connect the two and get him to expound on it. And some asshole on his Twitter feed probably will.

Lebron
    Participant

This Ryan Burr likes his own tweets which is a red flag. So who’s his alleged source? Spieth? Bradley?

Also the ‘Mr. Kraft’ reference

Coma
    Participant

That’s some next level depravity from Peter. What a psychopath. It’s bad enough that he calls him Joltin’ Joe but because he clearly remembers that being the cover from his story. Holy fuck.

If you put it in the context of remembering a Springsteen set list, it’s surprisingly normal.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Hoyer isn’t anything special, but if you need a backup, a veteran who has starting experience and has been here before ticks all the boxes.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Didn’t Hoyer have a 2 or 3 game stretch for the Browns where he played pretty well? Of course it being the Browns I think he quickly suffered a season ending injury.

GusChiggins
    Participant

DiMaggio was still alive then. I’m surprised he didn’t try and sue Fatty or sic some of Sinatra’s goons on him. Wasn’t he still insisting on being introduced as “America’s greatest living ballplayer?” 😆

It’s like The Atari’s updating the ‘Boys of Summer’ line of Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac to Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac

Where have you gone Joe Monata? A nation turns its lonely eye towards you.

Feejis
    Participant

Didn’t Hoyer have a 2 or 3 game stretch for the Browns where he played pretty well? Of course it being the Browns I think he quickly suffered a season ending injury.

He had a good run with HOU in 2015 and Chicago last year.

He’s fine as a fill in.

I remember he played for PIT too but not listed on PFR. Maybe he was never active?

Participant

You can’t argue with Jonathan’s marketing strategy of having an employee of Patriots.Com call your flagship radio station and dump on your coach.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete’s also the only person in the world to refer to Griffin as “Bob”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Brian Hoyer’s middle name is Axel? That bothers me more than the 4 ITN’s he’s thrown in his only playoff game.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

He had a winning record as a starter before this year, believe it or not.

chicowalker
    Participant

Brian Hoyer’s middle name is Axel? That bothers me more than the 4 ITN’s he’s thrown in his only playoff game.

It’s pronounced “Achmed”

Suzy
    Participant

It’s pronounced “Achmed”

Just re-watched this brilliant scene the other day! Both Pinchot and Murphy are clearly trying not to crack up–especially Murphy.

“Get the fuck out of here!”

“Nooo, I cannot…because it’s very important piece.”

chicowalker
    Participant

The “this is not sexy” guy looks like Jimmy G

chicowalker
    Participant

Jesus! sorry :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Pinchot was so great as Elliot in True Romance.

Suzy
    Participant

I always thought he should have had a better career.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

My staying power is often limited by how many drinks I’ve had.

Lebron
    Participant

Caught Risky Business a month or so ago, forgot he was in that.  He’s worked pretty steadily, just not a lot of stuff I’d see.

Hacksaw
    Participant

You can’t argue with Jonathan’s marketing strategy of having an employee of Patriots.Com call your flagship radio station and dump on your coach.

I am going to do  that in a sales meeting today.

“Why come to us, I mean the mail room is disorganized, we are always trying to find a way to cheat the market. Also the call center is a bunch of dolts. My DVP is total moron and abuses the corporate card.”

Doncabesa
    Participant

He got raptured in the Leftovers unlike that hump Mark Linn-Baker

Lebron
    Participant

Creepy Papa John blaming the NFL for his declining pizza sales.  It’s not the shitty product or him being a weirdo creep, it’s those people kneeling.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That pizza making douche is full of shit, but once the advertisers start bitching maybe the owners will perk up a start to rethink Rogers contract extension. Anything that’s bad for Godell, no matter how ridiculousness is good for us.

Suzy
    Participant

Caught Risky Business a month or so ago, forgot he was in that. He’s worked pretty steadily, just not a lot of stuff I’d see.

Forgot he was in that–nice call!

ETA: He tells some good, juicy insider stories about Denzel Washington & Tom Cruise in his IMDB quote section–most actors stay away from being that honest. Makes me like him even more.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar