Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/15/2017 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 58 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

Davis suit is sweeeeet. Image result for Marc Davis at Raiders Stadium Groundbreaking

Hopefully the dome is bullet proof.

Lebron
    Participant

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has decided on his QB for Sunday, but will wait to tell the Vikings media. “I think they’d appreciate that.”

No doubt if you asked Gary Myers he’d tell you how much he loves Brutally Honest Zim.  Doing things the media would appreciate.  Pizza parties, inside skinny, jokes, whatever it takes.  Who cares if the team is successful, so long as I’m a well fed fat lazy conduit to you the fan, that’s all that really matters.  Not like the nasty Bill Belichick, he’s a robot! (laughs at Bill “Let’s Party” meme, gets him every time)!

Christ, speaking of inside skinny

FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were “very tempted” to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

I’m sure Brutally Honest Zim called Jay into his office for some gluten free protein packed pizza with steroids while he whispered that one in his ear.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Lebron.

Lebron
    Participant

Elliot drops his appeal.  Applying twisted Brady logic that must mean he’s guilty.

Coma
    Participant

I enjoyed Ironhead’s recap of AlmostCoach’s weekly radio appearance yesterday. Bedard’s an arrogant, unlikeable jerk who’s not bright or humble enough to realize that his act alienates potential customers.

In the beginning of October, Bedard questions if the Patriots focus on special teams is hurting the team, overall. Coming off of a game where STs plays, either directly or indirectly, led to 4 TDs, Bedard doesn’t say “I questioned the approach and, it turns out, I was wrong.” Instead, he doubles down and says a ST only player has to make a big play to win a playoff game for him to admit he was wrong. As if that premise isn’t dumb enough, his “ST only guys” qualification is almost impossible to meet . Lewis, Burkhead and Marsh all have regular roles on offense or defense. Bolden, Jones, M. Flowers and Hollister all play enough that they aren’t only special teams guys. AlmostCoach won’t accept Gostkowksi, Allen and Cardona because kicking a game winning FG or pinning a team at the one are what those guys are supposed to do. In essence, Bedard will only step back from his position if Brandon King or Trevor Reilly make a play to win a postseason game.

AlmostCoach also decided to joke about Gilmore’s communication problems on defense, pretending Gilmore mumbles incoherently when talking to the media. This might have been funny for the media and their fanz a month and a half ago, but Gilmore and the rest of the defense played pretty well this week. I think even Thornton would have realized that this “joke” was past it’s prime and shelved it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has decided on his QB for Sunday, but will wait to tell the Vikings media. “I think they’d appreciate that.”

No doubt if you asked Gary Myers he’d tell you how much he loves Brutally Honest Zim. Doing things the media would appreciate. Pizza parties, inside skinny, jokes, whatever it takes. Who cares if the team is successful, so long as I’m a well fed fat lazy conduit to you the fan, that’s all that really matters. Not like the nasty Bill Belichick, he’s a robot! (laughs at Bill “Let’s Party” meme, gets him every time)! Christ, speaking of inside skinny

FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were “very tempted” to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

I’m sure Brutally Honest Zim called Jay into his office for some gluten free protein packed pizza with steroids while he whispered that one in his ear.

A little surprised they are favored over the high flying Rams. This should be a good test for someone.

A ton of road favorites this week. I think 6.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Apparently that Scott Kacsmar d-bag is going to be on w/Dale & Death Cat tomorrow. Hate that fucking guy.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If the Lakers had shocked everyone and took Tatum, would Ainge have drafted Ball?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Ball’s terrible shooting form makes me smile. They’re leaving him alone like 2008 Rondo.  There was just a sequence where he missed an open three. On the break the other way Ball makes a good steal, is left wide open at the three point line for two seconds. He shoots and it barely glances off the side of the rim.  It’s awful. We would have hated him here.

InThisTown
    Participant

If the Lakers had shocked everyone and took Tatum, would Ainge have drafted Ball?

Fuck no.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar