Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/17/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 65 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Canadian Soldier 1 year ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Claude45
    Participant

Even new piece of information that comes out about Goodell’s contract negotiation shows how stunningly stupid the owners are. Other than the lucky sperm winners, how did these guys ever negotiate a favorable deal?

I just read where Rodger gets to pick the owner to lead the compensation committee. Why the fuck would you do that? I can’t blame Goodell to ask for everything. This group of dottering old simps will give it to him. What a cesspool. It will be fun watching them kill the golden goose.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Claude45.

Claude45
    Participant

Coming up today on Boston radio, will the win last night lead to an arrogant downfall? Are the Celtics legit legit, legit or not legit? Calm down greenteamers, this teams not perfect and there’s no way they beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. SSSOORRRIIIEEE.

Claude45
    Participant

What a great win. Down 17, winning the 3rd quarter after how good the Warriors have been in 3rd quarters all year.

I thought I been told by all the yappers over the years that defense wins championships. Defense travels. Defense can be counted on. Well, this Celtics team can play defense. To the level that they just beat the Warriors while shooting 30% and holding them to 88 points. Barkley may want to watch a game or two and then go fuck off.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Listened to the Kacsmar interview with Dale and DC and essentially this guy is just another thumb-sucking Steelers fan? How did I miss that? That dude should probably limit his radio appearances.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Even new piece of information that comes out about Goodell’s contract negotiation shows how stunningly stupid the owners are. Other than the lucky sperm winners, how did these guys ever negotiate a favorable deal? I just read where Rodger gets to pick the owner to lead the compensation committee. Why the fuck would you do that? I can’t blame Goodell to ask for everything. This group of dottering old simps will give it to him. What a cesspool. It will be fun watching them kill the golden goose.

Goodell’s seemingly bottomless pit of leverage in these negotiations is fucking mind boggling. I wonder if he’s been rebuffed on any of his demands? The players must look at how he gets treated when his contract us up and be thinking ‘what the fuck?’

Kevin
    Participant

Tony Mazz yesterday asked a Celtics fan caller if his poop comes out green.

Sick weirdos on that show.

Kevin
    Participant

Got a voicemail from Bellingham school department about an intense police presence at the High School after an indicent.

Twitter says:

I take it that a kid blew up the principal’s car? Which shouldn’t be funny, but is. :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

Coming up today on Boston radio, will the win last night lead to an arrogant downfall? Are the Celtics legit legit, legit or not legit? Calm down greenteamers, this teams not perfect and there’s no way they beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. SSSOORRRIIIEEE.

I heard a bit of Washburn on w/ Kirk and Callahan yesterday.  They were desperate for something negative.  At one point KKK said “give me something, anything that you can worry about..” or something.  Last night’s win is going to make them worse

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s November, Chico! Pump the brakezzz!!

Kevin
    Participant

I heard a bit of Washburn on w/ Kirk and Callahan yesterday. They were desperate for something negative. At one point KKK said “give me something, anything that you can worry about..” or something. Last night’s win is going to make them worse

That was funny. He eventually came back with “well, the two young guys will probably have a stretch when they don’t play like ten year all stars.” :lol:

Beaker
    Participant

The genuine excitement you feel for your team must be tempered by my need to make large amounts of money shitting on your excitement in order to fill the dead space inside me. 

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Even new piece of information that comes out about Goodell’s contract negotiation shows how stunningly stupid the owners are. Other than the lucky sperm winners, how did these guys ever negotiate a favorable deal? I just read where Rodger gets to pick the owner to lead the compensation committee. Why the fuck would you do that? I can’t blame Goodell to ask for everything. This group of dottering old simps will give it to him. What a cesspool. It will be fun watching them kill the golden goose.

That new article is infuriating, despite its questionable authorship. It basically confirms everything Goodell-haters have been saying for years.

Goodell is a high-priced hack, so his solution to every problem is to hire more high-priced hacks.

Kevin
    Participant

Either Goodell goes or Jerruh is voted out of the league. Win-win.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It belies the bullshit Felger narrative that the owners looove him because he shields them from criticism. Enough already with that.

He does that in some cases, but his incompetence also creates extra problems which help attract the mountain of criticism in the first place.

What’s really going on is the League office is full of high-priced shitbags (like Jeff Pash and Lisa Friel) who have antagonized various owners at different times. The owners in the aggregate probably aren’t satisfied with Roger privately, but pretend to be so publicly, and think shitcanning him makes them look worse in the court of public opinion (and in the upcoming fight with the players) than continuing to tolerate him.

I’ve always suspected that if there wasn’t a looming labor fight on the horizon he might be gone by now.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Geez. Hasn’t the perp watched American Vandal on Netflix yet? Chill, dude …

Feejis
    Participant

I’m not a gambling man but if I was I’d bet on neither of these things happening. Unfortunately.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Geez. Hasn’t the perp watched American Vandal on Netflix yet? Chill, dude …

On Curb Your Enthusiasm you can do that with a dirty car no paint required.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m not a gambling man but if I was I’d bet on neither of these things happening. Unfortunately.

You’re right. At least this is a peek into the inner workings. We’re not wrong and were not imagining it when we think that Dummy and the rest of the League Office flunkies are terrible people. Many of the owners know it too, even if they’re too cowardly to stick their necks out and act on it.

Claude45
    Participant

As much as I consider Jerry a grandstanding jackass, if he’s going to keep calling Kraft a pussy, I will have to reconsider my previous stance. It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.

Claude45
    Participant

You’re right. At least this is a peek into the inner workings. We’re not wrong and were not imagining it when we think that Dummy and the rest of the League Office flunkies are terrible people. Many of the owners know it too, even if they’re too cowardly to stick their necks out and act on it.

Paging Bob Kraft.

Kevin
    Participant

Probably, but I’m a Dreamer! :lol:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

GSW definitely missed some shots they normally make, but I counter that with the fact that the Celtics really did not play that well last night.  GS went crazy on that foul call on Kyrie’s blow-by of Draymond, but Horford had an uncontested tip in after the miss so it didn’t matter.

Tatum was passive in the first half when covered by Durant and Iguodala, but not “deer in headlights.” He had two massive 2nd half drives and finishes that only Isaiah could have done last year.

InThisTown
    Participant

Don’t give me that +15 bullshit with Smart.

jforb
    Participant

Any game other than Detroit really stand in the way from running this up to 20 straight?

Participant

Does Robert get to ride in on his white horse know and make the peace between Rog and Jer?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Does Robert get to ride in on his white horse now and make the peace between Rog and Jer?

The whole thing makes my skin crawl.

Jones is a lowlife hypocrite, but if he wants to smack the beehive, fine.

Participant

Shank: “Decades of covering teams in this town have trained me to be cynical.”

Shank Watch Guy: “No, you’re just a natural born asshole.”

Claude45
    Participant

Any game other than Detroit really stand in the way from running this up to 20 straight?

No until Rodger takes ANOTHER 1st round pick away. That way he can calm the rhetoric, build a bridge, make a deal and drop his pants so he can get treated like a regular on Sons of Anarchy by Goodell. Just to be a good partner of course.

Whoops, I’ll take a lap for replying to the wrong post. I don’t think I’m going to a handle on WordPress. The “he” is Kraft and not Detroit before I’m scolded by Regular Brian.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Claude45.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Air Balls

Dylan Maxwell didn’t do it. There is no hair on the balls.

Apparently Navy Pilots From NAS Whidbey Island Drew A Massive Penis In The Sky

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Air Balls No hair on the balls. Therefore, it wasn’t Dylan Maxwell who did it. Apparently Navy Pilots From NAS Whidbey Island Drew A Massive Penis In The Sky

Maybe the Tower should relax and let these snot nosed jockeys have a fly by once in awhile.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Maybe the Tower should relax and let these snot nosed jockeys have a fly by once in awhile.

As if Top Gun wasn’t gay enough.

Suzy
    Participant

Does Robert get to ride in on his white horse now and make the peace between Rog and Jer?

The whole thing makes my skin crawl. Jones is a lowlife hypocrite, but if he wants to smack the beehive, fine.

Exactly. Just read the article & totally agree.

Was checking out Kacsmar’s timeline, figuring him as a Spygate and Deflategate truther. Little confused by this one:

It’s pre-Deflategate, so what could he mean? The Tuck Rule?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Speaking of Whidbey Island, we did a kayak tour off that island. The tour guide says watch out for otters, seals and whales…ok a little bit scared.  About thirty minutes in bubbles and stuff start coming to surface….scared out of my mind….it was a damn scuba diver.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Hacksaw.

Old board enemy Ryan Michael, another one who tried to use stats to push a preconceived agenda, in Michael’s case that Peyton was God.

Claude45
    Participant

The whole thing makes my skin crawl. Jones is a lowlife hypocrite, but if he wants to smack the beehive, fine.

Sometimes when a lowlife hypocrite is your only hope, welcome lowlife hypocrite.

Claude45
    Participant

Well Scott, I’ve thought you were an incompetent lunatic in many ways long before this thread.

He bought into the Warren Sharp fumble bullshit:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Yeah, he’s loonier than I expected.

Ignore.

Claude45
    Participant

I’m still annoyed that Brady shook Goodell’s hand on the field at the Superbowl. I know that he was surprised a bit and this makes Brady a better person than me but there is no possible way I would shake the hand of that miserable worm. Not after he spent 2 years and $25 million to call me a cheater, liar and put a black mark on all I accomplished. Just to satisfy a group of jealous miserable worms. All over something I didn’t do.

On the radio with DHK, he said the Pats won 11 games “with a high school quarterback”. Cassel, who’s still in the league nine years later.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

On the radio with DHK, he said the Pats won 11 games “with a high school quarterback”

Of course. It was easy with all the cheating.

Larry Legend
    Participant

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Madam Jones is such a stupid cunt.

Participant

Air Balls Dylan Maxwell didn’t do it. There is no hair on the balls. Apparently Navy Pilots From NAS Whidbey Island Drew A Massive Penis In The Sky

Gotta go with the Airedales over Randy Cross

Image result for patriots place penis drawing randy cross

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Was checking out Kacsmar’s timeline, figuring him as a Spygate and Deflategate truther. Little confused by this one: It’s pre-Deflategate, so what could he mean? The Tuck Rule?

Having a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox. #strawberries

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

Was checking out Kacsmar’s timeline, figuring him as a Spygate and Deflategate truther. Little confused by this one: It’s pre-Deflategate, so what could he mean? The Tuck Rule?

He says it later on that thread. Pass interference basically.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

He says it later on that thread. Pass interference basically.

:lol::lol::lol:

Brian
    Participant

No until Rodger takes ANOTHER 1st round pick away. That way he can calm the rhetoric, build a bridge, make a deal and drop his pants so he can get treated like a regular on Sons of Anarchy by Goodell. Just to be a good partner of course. Whoops, I’ll take a lap for replying to the wrong post. I don’t think I’m going to a handle on WordPress. The “he” is Kraft and not Detroit before I’m scolded by Regular Brian.

:lol: :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

By the way GreatWhiteDhale, I’m always around, I don’t always post, but I’m usually around.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar