Advertisements

This topic contains 61 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Author

GusChiggins
    Participant

Favre had also been dancing around retirement for 2 or 3 years, while Brady has flatly stated he wants to play until he’s 45.

God, that was so obnoxious. Days of Saint Brett/He Fills Our Notebooks staring at the ESPN cameras soulfully, gulping with emotion. What a fucking douche. Then it turns out the guy’s a perv as well. :ohmy: Yet none of it sticks because he’s nice to them.

I was always taught growing up to judge a person by how they fill up your notebook.  :weei:

Participant

The flash, from Deluxebury, apparently official…..

Why the 49ers won the Garoppolo trade by Albert Breer

Participant

Favre had also been dancing around retirement for 2 or 3 years, while Brady has flatly stated he wants to play until he’s 45.

God, that was so obnoxious. Days of Saint Brett/He Fills Our Notebooks staring at the ESPN cameras soulfully, gulping with emotion. What a fucking douche. Then it turns out the guy’s a perv as well. :ohmy: Yet none of it sticks because he’s nice to them.

It never really ends Suzy…..

“Much discussion about Sports Illustrated’s “Football’s Greatest” book I referenced Monday, including the debate on the top quarterbacks list, which including Brett Favre (eight) and Bart Starr (10), but not the current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Your feedback on the topic:”

GET FAVRE OUT OF THE TOP 10 Much as I love Brett Favre for what he did for the Packers, I have a hard time putting a guy in the top 10 who holds the record for most interceptions. Yes, he was also up there on touchdowns, but yeah… not a top 10 QB. Rodgers’ body of work isn’t complete yet, but I feel like he will be Top 10 when it is over. To a certain extent, the modern pass happy era is playing a role as well, so the question I often ask myself when looking at this is how would these QBs have done in the earlier eras where passing wasn’t so heavy a focus.  I think, truthfully, most modern QBs would have eaten some of that alive. ertainly Rodgers running ability would have worked in the wishbone and other old systems.​ —Gir

Well, okay. That’s who Favre was. He won a boatload of games, and one Super Bowl, playing that way. He was there every Sunday for 17 years in a row, a claim no quarterback in NFL history can come close to matching*. And there’s this: Career touchdown-to-interception differential: Favre plus-172, John Elway plus-74. In my opinion, somewhere, Favre is absolutely, categorically, a top-10 quarterback of all time.

*He had perfect attendance and that has to count for something.

Participant

What was there like three really good games? And the balls were juiced? All timer though.

Wonder who he cribbed this from….

@mikebarnicle Great close up of ball on field just now by Fox Sports…Really interesting to see name Titleist appearing on it…Balls juiced that much?

Participant

Merle why can’t you be more like Mike?

@mikebarnicle 2 innings left in ‘17 b’ball season. Looked out window. Saw snow tires in garage. Parka hanging in closet. It’s cold. Miss game already.

@mikebarnicle Lightweight, very effective storm windows. Winter begins after last out of ‘17 season. We will be young again in March. Congrats Houston!!

chicowalker
    Participant

His and Bootleg Barnicle’s feeds almost interchangeable at this point

Suzy
    Participant

Merle why can’t you be more like Mike? @mikebarnicle 2 innings left in ‘17 b’ball season. Looked out window. Saw snow tires in garage. Parka hanging in closet. It’s cold. Miss game already. @mikebarnicle Lightweight, very effective storm windows. Winter begins after last out of ‘17 season. We will be young again in March. Congrats Houston!!

WTF is wrong with him?  :blink: Is that a parody account?

Suzy
    Participant

Merle why can’t you be more like Mike? @mikebarnicle 2 innings left in ‘17 b’ball season. Looked out window. Saw snow tires in garage. Parka hanging in closet. It’s cold. Miss game already. @mikebarnicle Lightweight, very effective storm windows. Winter begins after last out of ‘17 season. We will be young again in March. Congrats Houston!!

WTF is wrong with him? :blink: Is that a parody account?

Chico’d by The Man!!

Lebron
    Participant

As much as I tried I couldn’t focus off of Larry King dressed like Nanook of the North.

Participant

He included a shot of a storm window in his original tweet. :lol:

Barnicle’s not above plagiarizing an account mocking him. Hell, if he’s making up kids with cancer stories, there’s nothing he’s above.

chicowalker
    Participant

As much as I tried I couldn’t focus off of Larry King dressed like Nanook of the North.

Does he try and sprint out of the stadium after the final out like Drinkwater?  That would be fun to see.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Regular guys put plastic over their windows.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’d guess Mike Barncile is as capable of actually installing a storm window as he is framing a garage or wiring a ceiling fan

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I’m just happy I don’t have to watch Corey Seager and Cody Bellinger swing at low and inside breaking pitches for a while.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I’d guess Mike Barncile is as capable of actually installing a storm window as he is framing a garage or wiring a ceiling fan

Hey Mike you going to make it all 220?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The Astros healed a a city. That’s the Red Sox’s move!!!!!!!

Terrorists bombed Houston?

:wag: :wag:

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m just happy I don’t have to watch Corey Seager and Cody Bellinger swing at low and inside breaking pitches for a while.

those guys are all the same fucking guy, right?  Joc pederson too.  At least that one ginger animal is distinctive

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I admit I am enjoying game 7 being a letdown compared to the rest of the series, baseball fagolas were puffing their chests out a bit too far for my taste

You know what I’ll miss? The cutaways or pre-game segments.

Catching Dodger Legends Sandy Koufax, Magic Johnson (OK, part-owner), Mary Hart, and Larry King (adorable in his Steven Hawking impression and “Brooklyn” baseball cap). Sorry I missed the entire cast of 90210.

Mesmerized by the amount of on-air coaching someone bought Alex Rodriguez. At game one he was quiet and tentative and Papi steamrollered him. Last night, he’d memorized lengthy salutes to eye level, continuing adjustments on every at-bat, and our fighting forces overseas. Papi still steamrollered him. If Ortiz had A-Rod’s diction and no accent, he  could do the whole thing himself.

Transfixed by the lyrical composition of Astros and Dodger players superimposed on a golden-lit WS trophy.

I did love games 1-6, even though I didn’t realize until today that the Series was all about New England. Thanks, Danny.

NASCL
    Participant

The World Series was like a fantastic Daytona 500 through 499 miles and then finishing under a caution flag.

Coma
    Participant

Andrew Luck heading to IR, done for the year.

Will Kravitz, Doyel or some other Indianapolis mediot be brave enough to point out that Luck’s injury issues started as soon as he was required to throw properly inflated footballs?

Beaker
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Andrew Luck heading to IR, done for the year. Will Kravitz, Doyel or some other Indianapolis mediot be brave enough to point out that Luck’s injury issues started as soon as he was required to throw properly inflated footballs?

Sounds like he’s going to be Chad Pennington.  Maybe he can get Peyton’s wife to give him the HGH hookup.

jforb
    Participant

So how’d that wine and cheese session for the Cavs work out?

chicowalker
    Participant

So how’d that wine and cheese session for the Cavs work out?

This year is going to be glorious.  LeBron subtweeting about how they should trade the Brooklyn pick for help, etc.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar