Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/4-11/5/2017 Weekend Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

The stunning display of stupidity on display in Craig’s and Larry’s discussion of the Jimmy G trade exceeds even their low bar.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Pats can’t do anything without being second guessed by media members who have no idea on how to run a team.

All you need to know about the media around here is they think “NFL Insider” Bert Breer actually has a clue what’s going on. When they start quoting his reports you know it’s reached a new low.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

Just Heard a call to Mustard and Johnson (I know. My own fault..I can’t help it)..I believe it was “Andy from Framingham”

ANNNDDYYY! Perhaps the most didactic, boring bag of wind you’ll ever hear. Then it hit me. Some poor bastard(s) work with, or even worse, work for this blow hard.  I’d rather be devoured by wolves.

Lebron
    Participant

The Nike ad with Lebron and PE’s Shut ‘Em Down slays me.  Thinking the creative types didn’t check the lyrics.

Gimp
    Participant

Got a ballgame at Mississippi State. UMASS making a serious run at an upset at #16

Yahtzee
    Participant

For the 2.5 who care, it’s been a great late afternoon slate of college games. Clicker getting a workout.

Highlighted by a fake Iowa FG to put the fighting urinators in trouble.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Yahtzee.
    CornerBlitz
    Participant

Ohio State is in big trouble, hence, Breer may off himself.
    Win-Win.

andrew
    Participant

It doesn’t look like Ohio State’s going to be playing for the national championship this year. Thank you for taking the Buckeyes to the woodshed, Iowa. Hopefully this   loss hurts Oklahoma’s championship chances – I hate the state of Oklahoma more than I hate Ohio State.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by andrew.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Maybe Urban will retire on the flight home.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Are we sure Stale did the 30-10 weight loss or weight gain?

If it was the weight loss he may want his money back.

BTW Jaffe doesn’t STFU.

jforb
    Participant

I’m laughing too much at this, but is there any context to it?

Coma
    Participant

What was it Breer said about OSU before the season? “Own the conference*, as usual”? Yeah, eff you, buddy.

Two other NFL thoughts that I’ve been taking me sweet time posting:

– Remember Trevor Siemian’s first start in the Broncos opener last year and the over the top praise that Collinsworth gave him? It sounded bad then, but it’s more ridiculous now considering Siemian couldn’t get through 2 seasons as a starter before being benched for Osweiler. Was there a reason why Siemian got the “Peyton Manning ultimate deference and respect treatment” other than he was taking over for Manning?

– A month ago, people wondered why intentional grounding wasn’t called on Winston when the nearest Bucs personnel to one of his passes was a cheerleader. A couple weeks ago, people were looking for the Broncos to incur some type of penalty when one of their coaches was seen using a walkie-talkie on the sidelines. In both cases, it turned out that there was no penalty/rules violation because both guidelines had been changed in the offseason. The reason why fans thought there was an issue in those situations was because neither of them were mentioned in the 2017 rules changes (link). When someone in the media asked about it, we found out that there had revisions. The obvious question is, why didn’t the league communicate those changes? Both relaxed existing rules, so you wouldn’t think there would be opposition from teams or that they would make things tougher for players and coaches. The other question is, are these the only two “quiet” rule changes for this year? Or are we only going to find out that, for example, the defense intentionally batting a fumble out of the endzone isn’t a penalty any more only after some player does it and isn’t penalized?

*Someone checked that and OSU is not on a run of conference championships like KU basketball, despite what Albert believes.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Just because I have no mental strength, I peeked at Nickles’ Deep Dive Sunday “Baseball” reportage/analysis.

It’s all about “35 Names and Teams to Watch this Offseason.”

And who/what is Nix Pix for #1?

Scott Boras.

You couldn’t make this up.

P.S. Personal Note to Joe Sullivan. When Shank, Volin and Nick hand in their copy, the phrase “Could you work a little harder so your stuff would suck a little less” might come in handy.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Just because I have no mental strength, I peeked at Nickles’ Deep Dive Sunday “Baseball” reportage/analysis. It’s all about “35 Names and Teams to Watch this Offseason.” And who/what is Nix Pix for #1? Scott Boras. You couldn’t make this up. P.S. Personal Note to Joe Sullivan. When Shank, Volin and Nick hand in their copy, the phrase “Could you work a little harder so your stuff would suck a little less” might come in handy.

:lol:

Giancarlo Stanton is on the market! For real, this time! Yankees are in the mix! Can you imagine Stanton and Judge in the same lineup? AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

<we need a hair-on-fire emoticon>

Claude45
    Participant

It would be pretty sweet if Goodell’s ego and stupidity somehow sink him in the Kaepernick lawsuit. It would really be fitting if his cell phone records bring him down.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

It would be pretty sweet if Goodell’s ego and stupidity somehow sink him in the Kaepernick lawsuit. It would really be fitting if his cell phone records bring him down.

I hope Kaeps lawyer finds a Goodell created internet poll in doodle or something. “Should we collude against Kaepernick? Yes/No”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just because I have no mental strength, I peeked at Nickles’ Deep Dive Sunday “Baseball” reportage/analysis. It’s all about “35 Names and Teams to Watch this Offseason.” And who/what is Nix Pix for #1? Scott Boras. You couldn’t make this up. P.S. Personal Note to Joe Sullivan. When Shank, Volin and Nick hand in their copy, the phrase “Could you work a little harder so your stuff would suck a little less” might come in handy.

😆

Giancarlo Stanton is on the market! For real, this time! Yankees are in the mix! Can you imagine Stanton and Judge in the same lineup? AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

<we need a hair-on-fire emoticon>

It’s like he cut and pasted this from an email Boras sent him and said to write:

6. Eric Hosmer, 1B, free agent — The feeling is, if the Royals keep one of their free agents, it will be Hosmer, but Boras will shop him to big-market teams such as the Red Sox and Yankees. He’s 28, with his prime years ahead. Boras will emphasize Hosmer’s ability to drive the ball to left and left-center when he speaks to the Red Sox.

Yahtzee
    Participant

And still Nick’s column is better than the rehashed navel gazing from CHB.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m live blogging Nick.

7. Shohei Otani, P/OF/DH, Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters — The unique Japanese star will be the story to watch this offseason.

So why is it No. 7 on the list?

He then goes on to talk about CC’s “status” in the clubhouse. Stature? Or does he mean whether he dressed or not.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Yahtzee.
    andrew
    Participant

Great. I have a choice to watch either Gene Steratore or Ed Hochuli. Is Jeff Triplette refereeing the Chiefs/Cowboys game this afternoon?

andrew
    Participant

The Rams just scored a TD on a third and 33. That was hilarious. Good god the Giants suck.

BrianInLA
    Participant

These games all suck. Flip,flip,flip. Heck I would put the Sox on if they were playing.  Hard to believe the Rams and Eagles are the powerhouses in the NFC. I enjoy the Rams being great once moving on from Fisher.  Sort of like the Dodgers getting to the series with Roberts instead of Mattingly. It’s the little things that keep us going I suppose.

BrianInLA
    Participant

AJ Green just destroyed a Jags DB from behind and the refs toss both guys.  Stupid league.  He actually took him down twice from behind.

in looking at the replay this is the sort of thing that would have brought Derek Sanderson off the bench.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by BrianInLA.
    Big Fat O
    Participant

The Rams just scored a TD on a third and 33. That was hilarious. Good god the Giants suck.

Guess Coughlin knew what he was doing after all.

Nice to see Glazer dismiss the “Belichick wanted to keep Garoppolo over Brady” story with his story about Lynch asking for Brady.

Just to imagine the unimaginable,  though, what would be the price to fetch Brady? Even at 40, it would have to be astronomical.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar