Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/4-11/5/2017 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 52 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CornerBlitz 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

Wow. Mike Evans just topped AJ Green and no ejection.  Consistent.

Yahtzee
    Participant

This decimation of the Giants is pretty entertaining.  I like how there are no crowd shots presumably because the stands are empty.

At least CBS was smart enough to switch off to another game.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Thank Christ CBS just switched out of Eagles/Broncos.

Im really regretting not getting red zone this year

Tom Pepper
    Participant

This decimation of the Giants is pretty entertaining. I like how there are no crowd shots presumably because the stands are empty.

Very enjoyable. I also like the shots of Coach Pedo.

Also, fair or unfair, I like to think of the Rams turnaround as a commentary on Coach Stache. So its a win-win in that game.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Tom Pepper.

andrew
    Participant

If the Giants have given up on this game there’s no reason why FOX should continue showing it in the Boston market.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Just because I have no mental strength, I peeked at Nickles’ Deep Dive Sunday “Baseball” reportage/analysis. It’s all about “35 Names and Teams to Watch this Offseason.” And who/what is Nix Pix for #1? Scott Boras. You couldn’t make this up. P.S. Personal Note to Joe Sullivan. When Shank, Volin and Nick hand in their copy, the phrase “Could you work a little harder so your stuff would suck a little less” might come in handy.

😆 Giancarlo Stanton is on the market! For real, this time! Yankees are in the mix! Can you imagine Stanton and Judge in the same lineup? AIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! <we need a hair-on-fire emoticon>

Nick needs hair first.

Coma
    Participant

This decimation of the Giants is pretty entertaining. I like how there are no crowd shots presumably because the stands are empty.

I’m not mad about the talkative Denver defense getting embarrassed today also.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Boston media has their talking point for the week with Denver getting blown out.  Now they will be extra motivated and completely overmatch the Pats.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Eagles went for it on 4th down up by 28.  Arrogance? Nope.  Laughing announcers.

Lefty

So Tom Savage didn’t have a very good day quarterbacking for Houston.

But that’s OK he shouldn’t lose hope.  After a crappy performance like that, he can just jab himself in the eye with a pencil and then become the cohost of the noontime sports radio show in Houston.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Ravens, Broncos and Giants are gone so who am I suppose to be scared of?

TJM
    Participant

People are fucking losing their minds another mass shooting Jesus Christ man :blink:

BrianInLA
    Participant

Tony Romo: I have NEVER seen that before!!!

Good job Dallas. I’ve never seen that work either.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Right now the pundits have the Eagles vs Steelers as the most logical Super Bowl matchup.

andrew
    Participant

Right now the pundits have the Eagles vs Steelers as the most logical Super Bowl matchup.

That sounds more like a wish than a reality based prediction. Story lines (two PA teams, Roethlisberger), two approachable coaches, and the idea that the Steelers finally beat the Patriots to make it to a Super Bowl.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Media has no memory. At. All. I just heard someone earlier mentioning “who can beat the Steelers???” and I think Chatham shot them down on Twitter talking about the back to back losses by 3+ td’s.

Redskins go the entire field in 2 plays against the LOB. What a shame.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Been a pretty good week:

Bills, Chiefs lose.

Broncos and Giants pathetically lose.

Ravens lose again, just because.

Either Raiders or Dolphins will lose tonight.

(EDIT: SeaHags lose too!)  :lol:

Big Fat O
    Participant

By 6:05 am tomorrow we’ll be hearing how BB should have kept Brisset.

Kevin
    Participant

Am I missing something here?

He certainly should have.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

It’ll be hilarious to watch Jets fans seethe over the Giants getting a franchise QB in this draft while they played themselves into drafting the next Kyle Boller.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Nope. The shoe pee-era will all be over BB for not getting Freeney after Freeney had a couple of nice plays for Seattle in a losing effort.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Cam Newton tried to call his own team the Titanic as a positive thing.  He may have not seen the movie.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Just what Goodell’s NFL needs! Bench clearing brawls! (Just catching up from this afternoon)

Lefty

Just what Goodell’s NFL needs! Bench clearing brawls! (Just catching up from this afternoon)

And the refs Pretty much handled each completely differently from one another.

Consistency!

(I am NOT bitter that Carlos Hyde got tossed and I needed two points from him to win in my league)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Lefty.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Cleveland has lost to the Knicks (home), Nets (3 wins) and Hawks (home, 2 wins) this year.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar