Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/7/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 97 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 98 total)
  • Author

Fishtale
    Participant

Is there a holiday today I don’t know about?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Everybody must be in line at the polls.

Kevin
    Participant

Sorry, we were all out proofreading WEEI.com articles.

jforb
    Participant

I was waiting for today’s special guest.

Line at the polls was while they finished a stack of absentee ballots.

Participant

Noted Pud Gary Myers wants Josh and Pioli to take Bill’s dream job with the Giants.

McDaniels was the first person Brady hugged after the Patriots won their fourth Super Bowl over Seattle three years ago.“We did it, Josh,” he screamed.

Notice he didn’t run over to Belichick and yell, “We did it, Bill.”

chicowalker
    Participant

So that means Manning will not be the savior of the moribund Cleveland Browns, but rather will roll up his sleeves, find even better ingredients, and help “Papa” John get those shareholders some of that lost value!

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of the Browns seems understandable to get buzzed up before a game if you play for that franchise.

InThisTown
    Participant

Noted Pud Gary Myers wants Josh and Pioli to take Bill’s dream job with the Giants.

McDaniels was the first person Brady hugged after the Patriots won their fourth Super Bowl over Seattle three years ago.“We did it, Josh,” he screamed.

Notice he didn’t run over to Belichick and yell, “We did it, Bill.”

“I’ve heard of Scott Pioli and not Nick Caserio”

Lebron
    Participant

That’s a shame

More bad news could be on the horizon for ESPN. Staffers at the Worldwide Leader in Sports are bracing for another possible round of layoffs late this year, multiple sources tell Sporting News.

The next round of cutbacks could come down in late November or early December, with 40-60 positions potentially being impacted, according to sources. The layoffs could hit both on-air TV/radio talent and behind-the-scenes production staffers.

“This time it won’t matter if you’re ‘liked’ or not. It’s not going to be pretty,” one source warned.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I don’t understand Bledsoe for the Bucks. Why do you want someone who needs the ball when you have Giannis? Brogdon is probably the better player at this point anyway.

It’s good for the Celtics because Monroe irrationally kills them.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Seth Wickersham will be the last one remaining at ESPN.

InThisTown
    Participant

I don’t understand Bledsoe for the Bucks. Why do you want someone who needs the ball when you have Giannis? Brogdon is probably the better player at this point anyway.

It’s good for the Celtics because Monroe irrationally kills them.

I think the fact that he does create for himself is part of it. If they get bogged down in the half court, Giannis hasn’t had as great an impact. Plus you play him a bit with their second unit. Monroe is such a dog, but overall you are right it helps the Cs.

chicowalker
    Participant

Phoenix used to have 1000 point guards, now it’s centers.  They going triple towers with Bender at the 3? :blink:

Feejis
    Participant

Speaking of Bender we haven’t had any good cycling posts in a while.

InThisTown
    Participant

20 year old season or less, 25 minutes of more per game. Based on eye test and data so far, Tatum is Springfield bound.

That’s a shame

More bad news could be on the horizon for ESPN. Staffers at the Worldwide Leader in Sports are bracing for another possible round of layoffs late this year, multiple sources tell Sporting News. The next round of cutbacks could come down in late November or early December, with 40-60 positions potentially being impacted, according to sources. The layoffs could hit both on-air TV/radio talent and behind-the-scenes production staffers. “This time it won’t matter if you’re ‘liked’ or not. It’s not going to be pretty,” one source warned.

I think it will be very pretty.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Tatum will be a superstar, maybe Carmelo with defensive skills and a willingness to pass. It only took a couple of games to make it obvious that he was great.

But Ojeleye defending and taking and making important 3’s is unbelievable. What a find.

Nobody enjoys anything more than Gorman enjoying a Rozier rebound.

Kyrie is unreal on offense.  Who is more talented with the ball in the NBA? Curry, Durant, Harden and James? He made a couple of crazy freelancing defensive mistakes last night, but otherwise has been pretty not horrible on D.  Still gets buried by picks.

Theis gets to bang Anna from Frozen and actually can rebound?

I’m finally receiving my big year!

chicowalker
    Participant

20 year old season or less, 25 minutes of more per game. Based on eye test and data so far, Tatum is Springfield bound.

those two second half corner threes yesterday really stood out.  What they were saying about Kyrie last night- how sometimes he plays as if the defense isn’t there- can also apply to Tatum.  I can’t see any holes in his game.

chicowalker
    Participant

Theis gets to bang Anna from Frozen and actually can rebound?  :lol:   :ohmy:   please explain the first part

InThisTown
    Participant

Tatum is 75% on corner 3s.  :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Theis gets to bang Anna from Frozen and actually can rebound? 😆 :ohmy: please explain the first part

This confused me as well.

Lebron
    Participant

He looks like the guy married to the broad voicing the broad in Frozen.  Johnny Knoxville.  Or maybe it’s that Bam guy.  Or the one that went into rehab.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Lebron’s got it

InThisTown
    Participant

I’ve been staring at a picture of Kristoff for ten minutes and not seeing it.  :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

I’ve been staring at a picture of Kristoff for ten minutes and not seeing it. 😆

The Kristoff actor is a gay!

Kevin
    Participant

Do you want to build a strawmannnnn??

Kevin
    Participant

The Kristoff actor is a gay!

Who has multiple cunnilingus scenes in Mindhunter on Netflix. :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

Mindcunter?

Why yes, yes I do.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Hmm….  Not sure if people on this board care, but Brian Michael Bendis jumping from Marvel to DC.

Not sure who this benefits, to be honest. But it’s big.

chicowalker
    Participant

WTf is going on?

Kevin
    Participant

Hmm…. Not sure if people on this board care, but Brian Michael Bendis jumping from Marvel to DC.

Not sure who this benefits, to be honest. But it’s big.

Can’t possibly hurt DC some day making a movie that doesn’t suck.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Hmm…. Not sure if people on this board care, but Brian Michael Bendis jumping from Marvel to DC. Not sure who this benefits, to be honest. But it’s big.

Which established DC character will he turn gay/bi/trans first?  :dry:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Hmm…. Not sure if people on this board care, but Brian Michael Bendis jumping from Marvel to DC. Not sure who this benefits, to be honest. But it’s big.

Can’t possibly hurt DC some day making a movie that doesn’t suck.

That’s more on the movie division than the comics division. Civil War the comics event stank. Civil War the movie kicked ass. So unless Bendis is ticketed to have actual power in the movie division, his impact would be negligible.

Feejis
    Participant

WTf is going on?

He said with the cadence of Ed Helms in The Hangover…

Kevin
    Participant

What happened to our Geek Thread? :lol:

Bendis used to be on that Marvel Committee that had some input into the movie characters. Maybe he’d have a similar role?

Though he had some input on that Powers show they adapted for TV, and that succkkkkkkedd!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Which established DC character will he turn gay/bi/trans first? :dry:

Has Plasticman come out of the closet yet?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Which established DC character will he turn gay/bi/trans first? :dry:

John Wall

Participant

Talk about your standing headlines…..

Steven Tyler returns to the stage following health scare

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

At Legoland with the boy, there’s a kid with a Celtics hat and a Curry t shirt. 100% sure this kid is headed for gender identity issues.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

What happened to our Geek Thread? 😆 Bendis used to be on that Marvel Committee that had some input into the movie characters. Maybe he’d have a similar role? Though he had some input on that Powers show they adapted for TV, and that succkkkkkkedd!

Probably saw that deal that Millar inked with netflix. Creators are looking to get paid.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Scale of 1-10 ,  how inappropriate is it to yell Where My single moms at?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Did Price call Suckley names or is he just trying to protect us fans from Prices boorish behavior.

Suckley can’t even write an article without mentioning Price. I don’t read his crap but it’s hard to miss.

GusChiggins
    Participant

See Kobe saying, ‘if basketball is the best thing I’ve done in my life, then I’ve failed.’ Wonder where he ranks ruining the life of the woman in Colorado?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

On the heels of that 18-pitch Alex Cora at-bat from 2004, my YouTube feed just suggested I view the 5-minute video that shows how all the runs were scored when the Texas Rangers hammered Baltimore, 30-3, at Camden Yards back in August 2007.  Box.

Baltimore led 3-nothing and then Texas scored 30 unanswered runs — one fewer than the Pats did against the Falcons in 51.   :rollseyes:

Rangers scored six in the eighth and ten in the ninth. (Gee, I wonder if Ron Washington, their manager, got criticized for “running up the score”?)

Old Friends Jarrod Saltalamacchia, David Murphy and Ramon Vazquez (once traded by the Red Sox to Cleveland for Alex Cora) went a combined 13 for 20, with 14 runs scored and 16 runs batted in. Salty and Vazquez each hit two bombs. O.F. Kason Gabbard got the win for the Rangers.

The Rangers hit two grand slams in the game.

Sadly, the game predated the Buck Showalter regime in Baltimore.

:lol:

Participant

All of these newly minted renaissance men walking among us and the whole gd planet is circling the bowl….

chicowalker
    Participant

See Kobe saying, ‘if basketball is the best thing I’ve done in my life, then I’ve failed.’ Wonder where he ranks ruining the life of the woman in Colorado?

is he interested in “tech” like Carmelo and Durant? :lol:

retired athletes- be like MArvin Hagler, I beg you

Sadly, O’Leary’s not dead:

Lebron
    Participant

Odd hearing the local radio guys say they are optimistic that the Broncos can get back on track against an ‘ailing’ Patriots defense, then a bunch of callers laughing at them.  You mean the Patriots defense that has allowed 14, 17, 7 and 13 there last 4 games?  Have you been watching the games?  You sound like the coach who keep saying they had a great week of practice right before they get their ass kicked for 4 straight weeks.  Face it, it’s over.

Kevin
    Participant

Is it footy pajama homerism to think the Patriots without Brady would look a lot better than the Packers do without Rodgers? They suck!

Kevin
    Participant

Ugh.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar