Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/8/2017 Daily Thread….speacial guest

This topic contains 65 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Danny Duberstein 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Hacksaw
    Participant

Its the Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart baby!

Humphrey
    Participant

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21336376/liangelo-ball-two-other-ucla-players-released-bail-shoplifting-arrest-hangzhou-china

Insert your favorite Asian joke here.     Or maybe an old man Ball joke.   Or both.

chicowalker
    Participant

if there’s a non-zero chance Lime-a-rita Ball will have a Midnight Express experience in China I’m calling my Doc.   What can the chant be tonight?  I’m stuck on “Bro’s in pri-son!” but we can do better

Kevin
    Participant

Okay, who’s the one guy who you’d keep Goodell over? :lol:

if there’s a non-zero chance Lime-a-rita Ball will have a Midnight Express experience in China I’m calling my Doc. What can the chant be tonight? I’m stuck on “Bro’s in pri-son!” but we can do better

“Sneak-er deal”?

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m workshopping a “Billlly…billlly”/ “baller…balllller” scenario but I can’t get it to land :ohmy:   :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I doubt that that Jerry will get enough owners on his side to kick Godell to the curb, but one can always hope. I’d also hope that the next Comish isn’t someone like Polian with strong ties to a particular franchise. It can’t be that hard to find a expert administrator that hasn’t worked for to one or two individual teams or has season tickets can it?  It’s not like it’s an unpaid volunteer position.

InThisTown
    Participant

Lonzo has to play 48 minutes tonight because ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTIONS

chicowalker
    Participant

Lonzo has to play 48 minutes tonight because ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSTITUTIONS

Who does he guard? Brown? I’d imagine they’d put KCP on Kyrie.  If Ball is guarding Kyrie..

Participant

With apologies to Chico….

“If LiAngelo punches the biggest guy in prison on Day 1, is he hungry again 20 minutes later?

Apologies to Chico.

Participant

Peter King implying that someone else is socially awkward is pretty good.

Will Ben McAdoo end up like the last socially awkward Giants coach?

2nd time he’s run this bs this week, when Roger gets whacked he’s gonna be portrayed as the last honest man.

“I like what ESPN’s Don Van Natta said on my podcast about Goodell’s future this week, conjuring up how the Nixon Administration soured on Goodell’s father, former Republican Sen. Charles Goodell, and put his political career in the trash can: “I would not be surprised to see that [Roger Goodell] would fight it to the end and go out in a blaze of principled glory, if he feels he is being forced to do something against his own conscience. It would be history repeating itself in the Goodell family.”

Beaker
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Learn something new every day – you can get bailed out from a Chinese prison?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

2nd time he’s run this bs this week, when Roger gets whacked he’s gonna be portrayed as the last honest man. “I like what ESPN’s Don Van Natta said on my podcast about Goodell’s future this week, conjuring up how the Nixon Administration soured on Goodell’s father, former Republican Sen. Charles Goodell, and put his political career in the trash can: “I would not be surprised to see that [Roger Goodell] would fight it to the end and go out in a blaze of principled glory, if he feels he is being forced to do something against his own conscience. It would be history repeating itself in the Goodell family.”

Jesus Christ.

What is it with this bullshit narrative all of the sudden?

Goodell has been whipped pillar to post for years because the League’s discipline strategy has been arbitrary, influenced by momentary media CW, certain owners’ vendettas, and at the same time a tone-deafness to the most fair outcome.

I’d call that a lot of things, but it’s the polar opposite of “principled.”

Only Fatty and the handful of dummies who talk to him can possibly try to go there with a straight face.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Yikes, Parcells looks like my Dad now. More accurately my dad with Hair.

Lebron
    Participant

ESPN must be getting desperate trying to make their docs and feature stories into graphic novels.

chicowalker
    Participant

Why wouldn’t UCLA just boot him from the team at this point? He apparently is a fringe D1 player, and whatever kind of prospect the youngest is (suspect to these eyes, but what do I know) his skills are likely to be squandered just playing on his dad’s AAU team where he can launch 30 footers without consequence

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

2nd time he’s run this bs this week, when Roger gets whacked he’s gonna be portrayed as the last honest man. “I like what ESPN’s Don Van Natta said on my podcast about Goodell’s future this week, conjuring up how the Nixon Administration soured on Goodell’s father, former Republican Sen. Charles Goodell, and put his political career in the trash can: “I would not be surprised to see that [Roger Goodell] would fight it to the end and go out in a blaze of principled glory, if he feels he is being forced to do something against his own conscience. It would be history repeating itself in the Goodell family.”

Jesus Christ. What is it with this bullshit narrative all of the sudden? Goodell has been whipped pillar to post for years because the League’s discipline strategy has been arbitrary, influenced by momentary media CW, certain owners’ vendettas, and at the same time a tone-deafness to the most fair outcome. I’d call that a lot of things, but it’s the polar opposite of “principled.” Only Fatty and the handful of dummies who talk to him can possibly try to go there with a straight face.

And — again — what political career did Charlie Goodell have?  He was elected to Congress to four terms, but he was appointed U.S. Senator by Nelson Rockefeller to fill Robert F. Kennedy’s unexpired term after Kennedy was killed in June 1968.  There was no special election for the seat that November, when Nixon was elected president. Goodell did adopt political positions that pissed off Nixon, especially his opposition to the Vietnam War. But he did not resign for the sake of principle(s); he accepted the state GOP nomination in 1970 and was defeated by James Buckley, running on the Conservative ticket, in a three-way general election in which Goodell and the Democrat split the antiwar vote. In fact, he finished third.

Lebron
    Participant

Why wouldn’t UCLA just boot him from the team at this point? He apparently is a fringe D1 player, and whatever kind of prospect the youngest is (suspect to these eyes, but what do I know) his skills are likely to be squandered just playing on his dad’s AAU team where he can launch 30 footers without consequence

Just a guess but Alford is seemingly on thin ice every year and if he dumped Ball and the other kids – Riley is supposed to be pretty good – then the ensuing result would likely gas him for good.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That explanation of old man Goodell’s political career is far to nuanced for Kings knee-jerk simpleton brain to comprehend let alone coherently explain to his readers. Much better to invent a fairy-tale version loosely based on the facts that make it seem that even if Roger does get taken down he was a good man who refused to compromise his priciples just like his old man. King and his vile ilk have keyboards at-the-ready to spin a yarn about Roger as the real victim in all of this.

Ironhead
    Participant

California Bill and Sal think there’s no difference between a 4/5 point lead and a 6 point lead in the NFL.

Mark
    Participant

California Bill and Sal think there’s no difference between a 4/5 point lead and a 6 point lead in the NFL.

Mittens was questioning the same thing in the SEA game Sunday. It’s ridiculous.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete has revised his playoff/Soupey pick.  Rams over Patriots in Soupey.  Bert has the Steelers, couple of people on Pete’s crack staff have the fucking Vikings.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

So Charlie Sheen allegedly sodomized Corey Haim. Color me shocked.

jforb
    Participant

Pete has revised his playoff/Soupey pick. Rams over Patriots in Soupey. Bert has the Steelers, couple of people on Pete’s crack staff have the fucking Vikings.

Only way that happens is if the Steelers start cheapshotting players after the AFC game becomes a blowout and they end up with Hoyer, 1 receiver, no Gronk, and half a defense.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Rams and Eagles seem much improved over last year and both seem destined for the playoffs. I’d bet my immortal soul that one (or possibly both) will get beat in their their first playoff game. Both teams seem to be built like Dallas was last year, ripe for the picking when facing a more experienced playoff team.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’m beginning to think Kevin Spacey is not such a nice guy

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Pete has revised his playoff/Soupey pick. Rams over Patriots in Soupey. Bert has the Steelers, couple of people on Pete’s crack staff have the fucking Vikings.

Last-thing-I-saw-itis. Also his buddy/agent’s son Kevin Demoff. Typical Fatty.

Lebron
    Participant

That plane Halladay was flying looks like the equivalent of a Smart car with wings.  A strong wind or rear end tap likely kills you.  Can’t think the test pilot and head of engineering that died in a crash a couple months prior made it into the brochure.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

One more thing about Charlie Goodell — I promise.  As a Congressman (1959-1968) he represented Western New York counties between Buffalo and the Pennsylvania border. Which means that Roger probably grew up a Bills’ fan.

:blink:   :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

I’m glad someone else heard this. What good is a five point lead?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

That plane Halladay was flying looks like the equivalent of a Smart car with wings. A strong wind or rear end tap likely kills you. Can’t think the test pilot and head of engineering that died in a crash a couple months prior made it into the brochure.

John Denver says hello.

Lebron
    Participant

Even if your brain doesn’t do math the guy calling the game pointed out why you go for 2 at that point in the game with a 4 point lead.  I’d assume Pete had difficulties with it as well and he’s the proverbial pig rolling in shit over missed extra points.

Ironhead
    Participant

He’s not going to miss the extra point!

The weather was awful – raining with a fairly strong wind in a stadium that’s less than a quarter of a mile from salt water.  There were three missed kicks already.

chicowalker
    Participant

IH bless you for pointing to #mensamatt on the radio.  He sounds dumber than I even imagined.  I really enjoy Tyrese Irving’s work in the Fast&Furious movies

NumberFour
    Participant

Just took a quick spin around the twitters… :ph34r:

Ironhead
    Participant

IH bless you for pointing to #mensamatt on the radio. He sounds dumber than I even imagined. I really enjoy Tyrese Irving’s work in the Fast&Furious movies

I was hate-listening to Bedard’s segments at my desk running out the clock late in the day, and heard the magic words:   Matthew in Framingham on the Celts.  Go ahead, Matthew.

I haven’t laughed as hard as I did at that and this:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Ironhead.

Lebron
    Participant

I can’t believe Bruce Pearl is about to get fired again, this time for not cooperating with the school he works for.  That’s so unlike him.

Lebron
    Participant

Packers just cut Martellus Bennett per “Shefty”

BSF34
    Participant

Packers just cut Martellus Bennett per “Shefty”

INTRIST?

Wait, what?

Participant

“The cracks in the foundation are there,” Costas said, according to USA TODAY Sports. “The day-to-day issues, as serious as they may be, they may come and go. But you cannot change the nature of the game. I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son, I would not let him play football.”

But, I’ll still show up and grab a check, because 2nd wives cost money. Fucking midget fuck. I hope fucking kim jong wong puts a fucking rocket in his tiny pocket.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Dale, Holley and Yup Yup going after Fagler on the air via a Deadspin article, supposedly because the fraud went after Halladay and Earnhardt and he’s glad they’re dead?
    Probably an edgy contrived “ rant” that some consultant came up with.
    Never heard them mention the competition down the dial before, but I don’t listen that much either.

Claude45
    Participant

Jerry Jones allegedly going to sue to stop the Goodell extension.

See Bob, this is how you react to getting screwed over repeatedly by an overpriced message boy. This is what the fans wanted from you, even if it’s futile in the end. Jerry didn’t let that asshole just crap all over him. Stop “building bridges” and get a fucking spine.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Their the moral police on the radio. Surprised they had time to mention it with all the concern with the anthem.

If Felger doesn’t beat them handly in the ratings there something wrong.

Lebron
    Participant

“The cracks in the foundation are there,” Costas said, according to USA TODAY Sports. “The day-to-day issues, as serious as they may be, they may come and go. But you cannot change the nature of the game. I certainly would not let, if I had an athletically gifted 12- or 13-year-old son, I would not let him play football.” But, I’ll still show up and grab a check, because 2nd wives cost money. Fucking midget fuck. I hope fucking kim jong wong puts a fucking rocket in his tiny pocket.

Tom and Bill are close enough to the finish line such that I’m hoping for the destruction from within of the NFL and all of its associated partners.  Now Jerruh is going all out to block Goodell getting a new contract?  Perfect.

Participant

Jerry Jones allegedly going to sue to stop the Goodell extension. See Bob, this is how you react to getting screwed over repeatedly by an overpriced message boy. This is what the fans wanted from you, even if it’s futile in the end. Jerry didn’t let that asshole just crap all over him. Stop “building bridges” and get a fucking spine.

Heard he is hiring Boyes or Boies or whatever?

Feejis
    Participant

I’d be fine with Bennett for the rest of the year.

Lebron
    Participant

Same here.  He can play with this toys like the Hansens who cares.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

I thought Bennett was injured (cough cough)?
    He’d be an upgrade over Allen.
    I’d like to see more of Hollister.

Ironhead
    Participant

Yeah, I’m with you.  Hold your nose and let him retire at the year end, though I don’t think he’ll get to them in waivers.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar