Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 11/8/2017 Daily Thread….speacial guest

This topic contains 65 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Danny Duberstein 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

I’d be fine with Bennett for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I’m with you. Hold your nose and let him retire at the year end, though I don’t think he’ll get to them in waivers.

I assumed he’d clear due to his contract.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

One of the Red Sox’ heralded international signees of 2017 (this, after being banned for the 2016 signing season for improper conduct), Venezuelan catcher Daniel Flores, 17, has died from cancer. The Sox signed him to a $3.1 million bonus in July.

WTF.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Wacky, quirky, talkative Marty Bennett again?  Hard pass.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Also, I would like Dean Wormer to confirm the odds that Felger, Mazz & Murray remember that #MensaMatt posed for a group picture with them.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Coma
    Participant

Dale, Holley and Yup Yup going after Fagler on the air via a Deadspin article, supposedly because the fraud went after Halladay and Earnhardt and he’s glad they’re dead? Probably an edgy contrived “ rant” that some consultant came up with. Never heard them mention the competition down the dial before, but I don’t listen that much either.

Felger and Mazz mocking Halladay’s death doesn’t surprise me. That fits with their character. I didn’t expect Halladay to warrant that kind of negative reaction, though. I don’t remember him throwing at guys, doing or saying anything controversial or going after the media. I just remember him as being a great pitcher, which, if you’re a dickhead, is a reason to shit on him when he dies.

Feejis
    Participant

Felger is an asshole but let’s not forget that Colonel Callahan wrote a column and pilloried Dale Earnhardt on the radio after his death, saying many of the exact same things Felger said.

I’m certain WEEI will forget.

Big Fat O
    Participant

There is not one show on either station worth listening to. Your selections include stupidity, nothing sports related,  any off field issue no matter how minute, and everything sucks.

Lefty

Don’t you think Marty ends up in Seattle to inspire hilarity with his brother?

Lefty

I am positive that I was leading the charge for Tuukka back in 10-11 and 11-12.

I am all set with Tuukka now.   I know they give up shots and their defense is shaky , but he’s just a mess.

Unfortunately, they don’t really have any other options unless they could find someone to take his contact and send back a serviceable goalie.

chicowalker
    Participant

Sucks this is just an ESPN broadcast. If I have to hear that flaccid cock Breen “ho-ho-ho!” another uncalled lakers travel I may smash something

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

God, Horford and Tatum out. They have to lose sometime, but it’d suck more than usual to lose to the Lakers.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Sucks this is just an ESPN broadcast. If I have to hear that flaccid cock Breen “ho-ho-ho!” another uncalled lakers travel I may smash something

He’s the worst.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Good to know that half of the Celtics can beat the Lakers right now.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Flaccid Cock Breen is a nice user name.
    I hate everything about the NY Rangers.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Peter King implying that someone else is socially awkward is pretty good. Will Ben McAdoo end up like the last socially awkward Giants coach? 2nd time he’s run this bs this week, when Roger gets whacked he’s gonna be portrayed as the last honest man. “I like what ESPN’s Don Van Natta said on my podcast about Goodell’s future this week, conjuring up how the Nixon Administration soured on Goodell’s father, former Republican Sen. Charles Goodell, and put his political career in the trash can: “I would not be surprised to see that [Roger Goodell] would fight it to the end and go out in a blaze of principled glory, if he feels he is being forced to do something against his own conscience. It would be history repeating itself in the Goodell family.”

I think Roger would be a Nixon guy all the way.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

God, Horford and Tatum out. They have to lose sometime, but it’d suck more than usual to lose to the Lakers.

Don’t pee on your petticoats.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar