Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/10/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 42 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Major Intangibles 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Everyone lost except the Chiefs. Can we pretend yesterday never happened?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Or maybe we can just remember the Steelers kicker slipping onto his butt during the game tying FG attempt.

Participant

Thought things were going to be better today.

Woke up, turned on the tv and the TWL is not on the air.

Get your house in order tv station of Dedham.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I fully expect the Steelers to take the wrong lessons from yesterday’s games, and mis-prepare accordingly.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

BrianInLA
    Participant

I don’t think I can live in a world where the Steelers are favored over the Pats (-1.5 before being taken off the board because of Ben’s injury).

BrianInLA
    Participant

The poster formerly known as Smilin’ Joe is NOT taking this loss well over on SOSH.

Coma
    Participant

I followed what I thought were the last couple plays of the Steelers-Raiders game on my phone. When the page updated to show that Oakland scored the go-ahead TD on 4th and goal with 15 seconds left, I closed the browser. It was hours later that I learned that the Steelers had a game tying FG blocked as time expired.

I realize that I just watched the Patriots give up a TD with 7 seconds to go, but, anecdotally, does any team tease their fans with the possibility of victory more than the Steelers? Last year, down 3 to the Patriots with 52 seconds left, they get a 70 yard catch and run to set them up on the 10 yard line with plenty of time to win or tie. Roethlisberger ends up throwing an INT. Yesterday, they go 48 yards to the Raiders 22 on a hook and lateral play, getting out of bounds with 5 seconds left. Their kicker slips and the tying FG attempt is blocked. Even if you try and put a “They were in it right to the end” spin on it, that makes the loss sting even more. Since it’s happening to Steelers fans, I’m okay with that.

Humphrey
    Participant

The poster formerly known as Smilin’ Joe is NOT taking this loss well over on SOSH.

I’m 75-25 more pissed with the other things that happened in the game versus the ending. Never should have been an ending!

No touchdown at the end of the half and Brady brain farts a sure field goal away. Ghost misses a PAT and a field goal (for some strange reason, every game I saw yesterday had a field goal that drifted off to the right and/or made it by fractions of an inch, go figure). They have first and goal on the 3 at the end of the game and don’t get it over the goal line.

Plus 3 or 4 incredible gaffes defensively. You just don’t give up a 54 yard touchdown to Brandon Boldin by accident.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Heck they almost lost that Steelers game last year on a crazy long pass play.  Ben’s brain cramp/great play by Patriots saved them there.  This stuff happens

Coma
    Participant

Far more annoying than the loss or any of the issues that contributed to it are the hottakes from the local media and fans about it. If you’re saying or agreeing with things like “100 times worse than the buttfumble” or “Worst non-playoff loss in Boston history?” please consider doing something useful with your time, like drinking bleach or asking a Mexican wrestler to throw a cinder block at your head. Teams have lost on plays like this before and will in the future. Stop acting like it’s unprecedented and celebrating it like a holiday.

I’m grasping at things here, but isn’t a regular criticism of Belichick that he has his players act like robots and doesn’t let them be themselves or have fun. Isn’t putting an offensive player in on a Hail Mary defense “fun?” Gronk has done it in the past. Gordon has done it this year. It didn’t work yesterday because Gronk ended up needing to tackle, not defend a pass. Maybe Patterson would have been a better option if you wanted to put an offensive player out there for both situations. If the Patriots react by exclusively playing defensive players in all defensive situations, you’ll hear comments like “Why can’t we do things like the Bears do? Let Danny Shelton carry the ball on the goal line. Mix things up, let the guys have some fun.”

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

SJH must have broken SOSH.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

So the Rams losing at the Bears means they aren’t a championship caliber defense according to the Jim Donaldson grading scale right?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

SJH calling for the firing of Claude Julien just after they won their 2nd round playoff series en route to winning the Stanley Cup was always peak SJH.  :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

This of course brings out lazy morons like Shank and some other guy who said he had a ‘great conversation with Dan’ about this being the worst non postseason loss so you don’t count stuff like Dent, Buckner etc.   Dent was the regular season, it was a play-in game and all statistics counted toward the regular season.  If you’re going to say something dumb and then add some qualifiers to it at least get the fucking qualifiers right.  I would imagine Lazy Dan threw that into his EZ Bake think piece today.

Lebron
    Participant

Did Fat Ass Bedard retract that “well it wasn’t a Picasso but grudging congrats to the Patriots.  I guess it’s cool” tweet yet?  I also noted he tweeted that the 1st half ending was reminiscent of the 1st half ending in Seattle in ’12, Curran also tweeted that and I’d bet anything it was before that fat fucking fraud and he simply lifted it.

jforb
    Participant

SJH calling for the firing of Claude Julien just after they won their 2nd round playoff series en route to winning the Stanley Cup was always peak SJH. :lol:

I assume there’s a gamethread post on sosh where he called for Cora to be fired around the 11th inning of game 3.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Did Fat Ass Bedard retract that “well it wasn’t a Picasso but grudging congrats to the Patriots. I guess it’s cool” tweet yet? I also noted he tweeted that the 1st half ending was reminiscent of the 1st half ending in Seattle in ’12, Curran also tweeted that and I’d bet anything it was before that fat fucking fraud and he simply lifted it.

Coach Craig’s IT Guy must be holding out for another fistful of Teddy Twenties before he agrees to delete the tweet.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

I just hope Pete didn’t make Bill his Goat of the Week!  :pk:   :ohmy:

jforb
    Participant

Nope, he went with the field in Oakland. And obviously had no editor

He took his normal run-up to the ball, planted his left foot … and the foot slid like it was on ice on the loose turf of the Coliseum

Coma
    Participant

So the Rams losing at the Bears means they aren’t a championship caliber defense according to the Jim Donaldson grading scale right?

He had a lot of company, but Donaldson proved to be quite the asshole yesterday.

Lebron
    Participant

He took his normal run-up to the ball, planted his left foot … and the foot slid like it was on ice on the loose turf of the Coliseum

This one too

Roger Goodell, I’m sure, has already asked this question of his investigative department: I understandwanting build a case around Hunt before interviewing him, but once you couldn’t build an airtight case, why would you not speak to Hunt? The least you could have done is allow him to implicate himself further with another lie.

‘understandwanting’ and no ‘to’ after it.  Also the point of talking to a person in an investigation is to gather everyone’s version of a story or additional pieces of information to follow up on, apparently Pete just wants to back out of a conclusion.  How NFL of him.  And of course the entire premise that ‘surely’ Goodell has already asked this.  Yeah, carry some more water for your hero.

Participant

Not enough bad things can happen to this prick.  In a fire or on a hill – gfy dum dum.

“As they were getting ready for their “5th Quarter’’ postgame broadcast, Dan Roche and Christian Fauria were watching the final play on a live feed at CBS Sporting Club.”

“The live feed is a few seconds ahead of the video that the fans in the bar are watching. After the play is over, Fauria stands up and yells to the patrons “You’re not going to like this,’’ and whips out his phone to record their reaction.”

Coma
    Participant

Roger Goodell, I’m sure, has already asked this question of his investigative department: I understandwanting build a case around Hunt before interviewing him, but once you couldn’t build an airtight case, why would you not speak to Hunt? The least you could have done is allow him to implicate himself further with another lie.

‘understandwanting’ and no ‘to’ after it. Also the point of talking to a person in an investigation is to gather everyone’s version of a story or additional pieces of information to follow up on, apparently Pete just wants to back out of a conclusion. How NFL of him. And of course the entire premise that ‘surely’ Goodell has already asked this. Yeah, carry some more water for your hero.

Pete will never wonder who approved the “Talk to everyone else, then talk to the player” investigative approach in the first place. Or question why Goodell didn’t pipe up on an email chain, conference call or meeting at some point to say “It’s been X months. It sounds like you’ve talked to or attempted to talk to everyone else involved. You might want to consider departing from your normal process and speaking directly to Kareem Hunt now.”

Participant

That’s how you build a winner Pete, with 31 year old TE cornerstones…..

The Raiders need to make the 31-year-old Cook a cornerstone of the Jon Gruden program.

Humphrey
    Participant

If he’s going to do that then did the field at Miami get second or at least honorable mention?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar