Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/13/20018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 30 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Suzy 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

This job posting kinda tells you all you need to know about Pizzuti-pie’s empire over there on Morrissey Blvd. wherever the heck they are now.

Boston.com is one of the most-read digital media outlets in the region. Each month, our stories reach millions of people, and we’re seeking to expand our offering by adding a nighttime sports staff writer to our team.

We’re looking for a digital journalist to work with us in our downtown Boston office. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative, creative, versatile thinker who covers the topics and stories that our readers care about on any given day, whether a Celtics playoff game or a Red Sox trade or Tom Brady’s new haircut.

This staff writer will primarily achieve results through constantly and consistently producing coverage in line with our site’s editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now.

Celtics – game-oriented ✅

Red Sox – hot stove ✅✅

Bruins – absent altogether ✅✅✅

Patriots – frivolous Page Six-style stuff ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

4 users thanked author for this post.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Goddamn,WEEI’s morning show is a mess. They were talking about Mut’s lifting program and almond milk. Mut is such a bore to listen to.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

chicowalker
    Participant

it’s really boiled down to- is today’s third guy good or not? And since tomorrow will be a different third guy, is today’s third guy good at speculating about tomorrow’s?

Mut bleating repeatedly that he’s “good at his job” :lol: Someone good at their job doesn’t get passed around time slots like prison meat.  He’s likely cheap at his job, and with a bottomless maw to swallow indignity, thus his otherwise inexplicable continued employment

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like what ESPN is doing with that Get Up show.  Greenberg is the constant then just roll co-host types in and out.  Must be the new M.O. of that garbage industry.

jforb
    Participant

it’s really boiled down to- is today’s third guy good or not? And since tomorrow will be a different third guy, is today’s third guy good at speculating about tomorrow’s?

The answer is always no.

Counting the misplaced ones, happy 1000th daily thread new board.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Kyrie craps bigger than you.

Another board format? What is this every 7 years, whether we need to or not?

We’re like a lobster, molting our shell every so often.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Available but probably too long for a screen name:   “bottomless maw to swallow indignity”

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s too bad:  Reliever Joe Kelly reaches an agreement with LA Dodgers, reports say

That said, the bad Joe Kelly was really really bad here.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Waxpack Chad reporting WEEI moving ahead with radio talk show Red Sox game broadcast formatting idea.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah I would guess they figured they got the best out of him, let someone else pay.  Barnes and Hembree are entering their arb years, they re-signed Thornburg.  Not sure on Brasier.  They’ll sign another guy, maybe Ottovino or Roberston, and be set.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That’s too bad: Reliever Joe Kelly reaches an agreement with LA Dodgers, reports say

That said, the bad Joe Kelly was really really bad here.

Non-Sox, out-of-state fan to me during the World Series: “What’s the story about that nerdy-looking guy who wears 56 and throws 100 mph? He looks like my high school algebra teacher!”   :lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Kyrie craps bigger than you.

Another board format? What is this every 7 years, whether we need to or not?

We’re like a lobster, molting our shell every so often.

Probably for the best lobstah wouldn’t give us back out Reche Caldwell blink emoticon. WordPress would have no doubt id’ed it as spam or a virus or something.  :-(

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Sounds like what ESPN is doing with that Get Up show. Greenberg is the constant then just roll co-host types in and out. Must be the new M.O. of that garbage industry.

That might work if anybody wanted to listen to the two guys there every day. Gerry just sits there occasionally adding some tough guy talk and Mut is Mut, a rambling mess. The show can go off the rails at a moment’s notice.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Is the idea that one wants KC to win tonight and then step on their dicks the final two weeks? That way the Pats have an shot at a #1 seed. I’ll hang up and listen.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

That ESPN report on stadium food is revolting. Even for stadium food.

Nick B
    Participant

fixed

Lebron
    Participant

So Al Czervik’s insult to the chef at Bushwood was a deeper dig than we thought.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

To be honest, the thought of a dozen or so people shitting their pants after a Yankees buffer warms the cockles.

Humphrey
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

If Canseco gets it does Gator Greenwell file a protest claiming it should be his job?

Big Fat O
    Participant

Sounds like what ESPN is doing with that Get Up show. Greenberg is the constant then just roll co-host types in and out. Must be the new M.O. of that garbage industry.

That might work if anybody wanted to listen to the two guys there every day. Gerry just sits there occasionally adding some tough guy talk and Mut is Mut, a rambling mess. The show can go off the rails at a moment’s notice.

The saddest part is they have been beating T&R in the ratings lately.

Participant

Jose’s daughter Josie is a little bit of alright…. (wordpress won’t let me post a link and you can’t ding away).

Yahtzee
    Participant

How can Zip never have started a topic here?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Big fan of the Chargers tonight. Not sure if its the right thing to do as far as the Pats go but I love how San Diego has been playing and I think their defense makes enough big plays to start the downward spiral of KC.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I hope Suzy stops in tonight. Need to know whether there’s any sort of stretching or warm up routine I should be undertaking ahead of IAWL tomorrow night.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar