Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/14/2018 – 12/16/2018 Weekend Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

Chargers win a thrillah – one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen.

LAC was correct going for two – any third down in overtime would have either been converted by the Chiefs or given to them by the zebras.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The new and improved East St bridge in Islington is open for business.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

anyone else have KC-4 last night? :ozzy:   holy shit.  Though I’ll gladly take my loss as confirmation that they are the same paper tiger frauds that they’ve been since fucking LBJ was president

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The refs really decided they wanted to get involved during the last 8 minutes or so of the game Humphrey.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I was small on the moneyline because its in my core to never bet real earth money on Rivers but I couldn’t help it as it just seemed like the perfect time for them to pull the upset. They’re a really good team this year. They won last night without their 3 top weaponz and Rivers just seems to have a horseshoe in his ass this year. That being said I firmly believe the Pats would crush them come playoff time either here or there.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The entire final minute was a ref fiasco. Missed the hit to the head on Rivers which should have been first and goal from the 5. Meanwhile Rivers turns back into Rivers and I was sure he was going to let the clock run down to zero while throwing his tantrum. Following play they call a bizarre PI where the receiver was 5-7 feet out of the end zone it seemed as he landed (definition of uncatchable ball) so first and goal from the 1. Next play an obvious offensive push off by San Diego not called, plus it sure looked like that ball was moving around as he went out of the end zone. All good.

Then the 2-pt conversion where KC had 3 guys to cover 2 receivers and all 3 cover 1 guy. I was sure the ball was going to be dropped because he was TOO wide open.

Humphrey
    Participant

The new and improved East St bridge in Islington is open for business.

I hope you’re telling us this is a file photo and they didn’t fuck up the rebuilding!

chicowalker
    Participant

The entire final minute was a ref fiasco. Missed the hit to the head on Rivers which should have been first and goal from the 5. Meanwhile Rivers turns back into Rivers and I was sure he was going to let the clock run down to zero while throwing his tantrum. Following play they call a bizarre PI where the receiver was 5-7 feet out of the end zone it seemed as he landed (definition of uncatchable ball) so first and goal from the 1. Next play an obvious offensive push off by San Diego not called, plus it sure looked like that ball was moving around as he went out of the end zone. All good.

Then the 2-pt conversion where KC had 3 guys to cover 2 receivers and all 3 cover 1 guy. I was sure the ball was going to be dropped because he was TOO wide open.

I had to go from rooting for the Chiefs to make a stop (for my bet) to 5 seconds later rooting for the Chargers to convert the two (for the Pats) all the while complaining to no one that he pushed off.  My head was spinning

Humphrey
    Participant

Don’t forget KCs last drive- is there a rule that once you call a penalty on the defense for doing something to the qb everything else is negated? Mahomes got grabbed (not violently by any means) clearly still in the pocket, then decides to throw the ball away….to absolutely no one. Lefthanded to boot. No intentional grounding.

So now KC has to play a big game on the road in a tough place to win.

Participant

Humphrey that is from this morning.

Nick B
    Participant

yes it was

BrianInLA
    Participant

I always thought a personal foul would be enforced if there were offsetting penalties which would mean grounding wouldn’t matter. But since no one else seemed to mention that it seemed odd they never really went back and showed the grounding that should have been called to offset the non-facemask. Plus I think the refs gave KC 152 first downs on that drive that seemed to last 30 minutes.

Chargers are the first team this year to come back from 14 or more down in the last 5 minutes and win. Go figure.

So naturally the first 45 minutes of local sports this morning on the radio was nothing but Lakers Lakers Lakers and how the refs sent Harden to the line too often last night.

Coma
    Participant

Just outside of the final minute, there was the pass to Travis Benjamin to convert a 4th and 7 where Benjamin was hit helmet to helmet by 2 KC defenders, with no penalty. Watching the replay, that looked like a textbook defenseless receiver call, but the refs just let’em play.

Can someone give me a rundown of the bad calls or no-calls in the Chiefs’ favor? I want to throw it back in the face of a KC fan friend who’s bitching about the refs this morning.

Coma
    Participant

Are King or Breer going to ask the tough questions and find out why the league decided not use an “All Star” officiating crew last night? Will Wickersham and Van Atta find multiple anonymous sources to give them the scoop on the NFL’s thinking? All the ingredients were there from the Chiefs-Rams game with the added bonus that this game had real playoff implications. For some reason, this game did not merit special treatment in terms of officiating.

BrianInLA
    Participant

There was a holding call on Kelce (I think) that extended that last TD drive for KC on a 3rd down that even Aikman was bitching about as it was so ticky tack. Plus that non-grounding call that was discussed earlier (which I’m still not sure is enforced or not if there is a personal foul on the other team).

BrianInLA
    Participant

And that Benjamin hit HAD to be a penalty in today’s NFL as he was defenseless and I thought was dead when I saw the hit at real speed.

jforb
    Participant

There was a holding call on Kelce (I think) that extended that last TD drive for KC on a 3rd down that even Aikman was bitching about as it was so ticky tack. Plus that non-grounding call that was discussed earlier (which I’m still not sure is enforced or not if there is a personal foul on the other team).

Pretty sure all fouls offset, which makes no sense.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Chico I had Chiefs -3.5 and I was in the same exact boat.  Once they went for 2 I said fuck it hope the Chargers win.

At least now if the Pats win out, the 1 seed is a possibility

Yahtzee
    Participant

In the old days, we would have filled 5 pages with commentary on the hilarious discussion this morning about Mut not being to afford a vasectomy.

Okay, no we wouldn’t have.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

This Onion story made me go look him up: Report: Greatest Factor In Employee Retention Boss Sending Out End-Of-Year Note Titled ‘Thanks Team’

Humphrey
    Participant

yes it was

So the new bridge was supposed to be 13.5 feet- that still wasn’t enough or they did it wrong (or perhaps never did it)?

I can’t find an article about the bridge after 11/9.

jforb
    Participant

yes it was

So the new bridge was supposed to be 13.5 feet- that still wasn’t enough or they did it wrong (or perhaps never did it)?

I can’t find an article about the bridge after 11/9.

Apparently the bridge is 12 and they’ll be lowering the road to make it 13.5. Sign still shows 10.5 so the trucker is still an idiot.

RedSeat
    Participant

Hee haw!

3 users thanked author for this post.

A tradition unlike any other.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 218 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar