Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/14/2018 – 12/16/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 217 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

…and they give I’ll 1oo yds to the Steelers 3rd strong RB  :wall:

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s my  Ben!

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s my Gronk!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

What the hell was Brady thinking? This was a bunny hop until the holding penalty and then after that josh pulled out the 2015 Browns playbook

2 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Tony they aren’t up becaus Ben keeps getting intercepted. Not that hard.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

At least this willl be fairly straight forward.

Humphrey
    Participant

That phantom defensive holding call actually helped the pats

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Would bill go for 2? I say no but ….

jforb
    Participant

No replay of Gronk being held on the Mason hold?

Humphrey
    Participant

For every shit call there have been four or five legitimate ones

Doncabesa
    Participant

I’m done with the NFL, fucking garbage.

Humphrey
    Participant

Given that they are relatively healthy, this particular team is probably better off playing games rather than sitting and waiting for someone. Only positive spin I can put on things.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

let the shoe peeing commence.     It’s been a while since we’ve played on wild card weekend

Coma
    Participant

For every shit call there have been four or five legitimate ones

I can’t complain too much about the Patriots penalties. On most of the replays, you could see there was something to throw the flag on. The penalty count, though, was 14-106 for NE and 4-40 on Pittsburgh. The Steelers linemen weren’t holding at all on passing and running plays, especially those where the back reversed direction?

On 2 straight punts, the one that Jones and Burkhead combined to down at the one and the next one, Slater was pushed in the back by a Steelers player. It wouldn’t have made a difference when the ball was at the 1 and the following drive they punted, but they were pretty obvious penalties and the officials let them go.

On the other hand, fans of other teams have looked at penalty disparities like in the Patriots favor and made the same complaints, I guess this is how it feels to be on the other side.

Lebron
    Participant

I thought the holding call on Cannon the play or 2 before the interception was borderline at best, the one on Malcolm Brown where they called him for holding was baffling, namely I haven’t seen a defensive lineman called for holding since the late ‘70s early ‘80s and on the replay I didn’t see anything.  Romo said something about preventing the center from moving forward but I was puzzled.  Still a hundred yards in penalties and nothing available over the top offensively.  And the run defense wasn’t very good.  Still only gave up 17 points so can’t complain about that.

Coma
    Participant

I thought the holding call on Cannon the play or 2 before the interception was borderline at best, the one on Malcolm Brown where they called him for holding was baffling, namely I haven’t seen a defensive lineman called for holding since the late ‘70s early ‘80s and on the replay I didn’t see anything. Romo said something about preventing the center from moving forward but I was puzzled. Still a hundred yards in penalties and nothing available over the top offensively. And the run defense wasn’t very good. Still only gave up 17 points so can’t complain about that.

I think this was last year, or maybe it was 2 years ago. It was the road game against the Jets where their TE caught the ball near the goal line, fumbled, lost the ball out of the corner of the end zone for a touchback and everyone lost their shit because the correct application of a rule benefited the Patriots. Anyway, in that game, the Patriots were called for holding by defensive linemen at least twice. It might have been called once in the rest of their games that year.

Lebron
    Participant

Would have been last year.  Means I’m watching less NFL, which is great.

Coma
    Participant

The Eagles, on the road, are up 30-13 on the Rams in the 4th quarter? How are genius coach McVay and QB of the 21st century struggling? How come “real” corners like Talib and Peters can’t shut down Nick Foles? I was told it was the height of embarrassment to lose to that guy.

Viewing 18 posts - 201 through 218 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar