Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/16-12/22/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

• This topic has 77 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by jforb.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Bring on the Bills!  Bring on FCM!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

As we move into the 20s soon, I don’t know what’s worse: People still value Bill Simmons opinion on sports or that people still find him funny. I stopped thinking that in the 00s.  Everybody forgets this.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bring on the Bills! Bring on FCM!

Sorry for the bad news, Yahtzee, but cheating that little extra post onto the previous thread to get it to five pages will cost you a draft pick and a heavy fine from the BSMW league office. :rollseyes: ;-)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Get the ribeye at Republic Steakhouse, Green Bay. I recommend the peppercorn-encrusted version

Who writes like this? Which version of steak is your particular preference, fellow carnivore?

Strongly recommend the fresh pasta at Trattoria Zooma in Providence

Goddammit, I hate agreeing w/Fatty.  He seems to come to RI a lot, has he explained why? I’m going to eventually run into him, it’s inevitable

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Apropos of nothing, I noticed something about the QBs doing well this season. Almost none of them are premium draft picks. Look at the Football Outsiders QB DVOA page. Matt Stafford at #9 and Phil Rivers at #11 were the only QBs drafted 8th or better overall ranked in the top 15 of QBs this season. You have more drafted outside of the first round than inside, 8 to 7. We’ll see how the highly touted draft classes of the last few years ultimately pan out. I don’t know if this is a quirk of history or the new paradigm. Maybe this will be known as the time that teams had a hard time projecting QBs into a new system except and undervalued a whole generation of QBs.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Fatty (nor his editor) didn’t know the Bills clinched a playoff spot yesterday.

chicowalker
    Participant

Fatty (nor his editor) didn’t know the Bills clinched a playoff spot yesterday.

How is he supposed to keep up with that when spending valuable time with the relevant Mike McCarthy and his three ring binders?  In a league that now hires 30 year olds as head coaches, I’m sure people will be banging down the door of the guy who could somehow parlay a decade of Aaron Rogers into one super bowl appearance in the watered down NFC.  Can you imagine how much hotdish or whatever the fuck people eat out there these two pantloads put away while discussing the finer points of kicking field goals on 4th and goal from the 2?

Participant

Any idea what her dowry was Peter?

“Piccolo was a beloved teammate and rose to Bears’ captain because of his pluck and honor and because he’d do whatever was asked, whenever. George Halas, his first coach, simply loved him, and when Piccolo died, Halas paid for the funeral, made sure his mortgage was forgiven, and even oversaw his widow’s choice of a new husband three years after Piccolo’s death”

Bud Light is a proud sponsor of Football Night In America and Sunday Night Football as well I bet.

“Just another excuse to drink heavily, with one difference: The drinking starts in the morning, and the vomiting on city sidewalks is in full gag by 2 p.m. How noble.”

All that work and for the most part it’s unfvcking watchable.

The work that goes into a three-hour football telecast is staggering, and so football-nerdy.”

chicowalker
    Participant

Prima nocta! it is my right! :ohmy: :lol: :puke:  

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

Josh Gordon suspended again.

Humphrey
    Participant

Josh Gordon suspended again.

Pats to be fined heavily for the offense.

Lefty

Apparently, the Chiefs claimed Bleachy Suggs on waivers, preventing his happy reunion with Baltimore.   I am sure no one will say anything.   If the Pats had claimed him, it would have been a scheme by that dastardly Belichick to undermine a rival franchise

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

A person was found dead inside a porta-potty at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore on Sunday, according to the Baltimore Sun. It’s the second porta-potty related death at the stadium this year.

Police were called to one of the stadium’s parking lots around 2 p.m. on Sunday, where they found a body inside the portable bathroom. The person was not immediately identified, nor was the cause of death. It’s unknown how long the body had been inside the porta-potty before being found.

After police and medical personnel arrived on the scene, the body was transported to a local coroner’s office for an autopsy and further examination.

The Ravens defeated the Jets 42-21 on Thursday night.

Earlier this year, a man died after being engulfed in flames while inside a burning porta-potty at M&T Bank Stadium. :blink:   After catching fire, the man ran from the toilet and attempted to combat the flames in the parking lot, where he died before medical personnel arrived. Three portable toilets caught on fire during that incident and the cause was unclear, though it wasn’t believed to be related to a crime.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/person-found-dead-inside-porta-potty-at-m-t-bank-stadium/

This seems normal.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Apparently, the Chiefs claimed Bleachy Suggs on waivers

How have we not been calling him this all this time?

Lebron
    Participant

Oversaw her choice of husband?  What the fuck does that even mean?  Like he accompanied her on dates, ran background checks, made sure he wasn’t too much of a weirdo in the bedroom?

Lebron
    Participant

3 hour pregame shows are ‘football nerdy?’  No they aren’t.  It’s correspondents at the stadiums telling you the weather and showing clips of what the players are wearing as they enter the building.  If you watch the NFLN pregame they play the same interview segments multiple times, and they do stuff like wild and whacky picks of the week.  That’s the other thing, why do I care who Nate Burleson or Tony Gonzalez thinks will win a game?  There’s no nerdy aspect about it at all.

Participant

Guys in suits on a pretend field tossing a ball around and Cousin Sal joins us.

Fvck ’em all.

chicowalker
    Participant

He thinks referencing the hoppiness of an IPA makes him a beer nerd

Lebron
    Participant

Meanwhile the Ravens have had 2 fans in attendance this year die in portable bathrooms?  They’re killing more people down there than Smokey.

Lefty

Meanwhile the Ravens have had 2 fans in attendance this year die in portable bathrooms? They’re killing more people down there than Smokey.

And those two dead people?    Former staffers for Ravens 360.

Now you know……..the rest of the story……..

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wordpress consumed my previous post. (And maybe it has a point there …). Rephrasing:

Has anyone here seen Brian’s Song?  I haven’t. (I may be an old bastard, but I have my standards, you know.)  I have to think that Papa Bear is frowning down from the Great Soldier Field in the Sky when he sees Jimmy Caan, “Brian” himself, making an ass of himself in those “The Godfather 45 Years Later” videos that came out a couple of years ago. Caan was definitely creeping out Francis Ford Coppola, who visibly recoiled each of the many times that Caan grabbed his arm or hand or otherwise physically molested him. Maybe Jimmy had a couple of pops beforehand; clearly the other cast members were rolling their eyes, too.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Speaking of Brian’s Song, here is the coup-de-grace …

chicowalker
    Participant

2 people dead in a Baltimore tailgate?

Lebron
    Participant

I didn’t watch any games on Sunday so I’m just getting caught up and can’t believe the league intervened on the coin flip in Dallas.  Prescott said “we’ll play defense and kick that way,” he only said ‘defer’ until afterward.  No way they intervene if that game isn’t the prime Fox game or if the Patriots are involved.  The first thing he said was ‘kick.’  Anyone who knows anything about football knows what your choices are and what they mean.  And leave it up to the league to interject ‘well what he really meant to say was’ simply shows how shitty that league is.

Lefty

It is kind of amazing that two fans died during games in Baltimore and there really hasn’t been a peep about it.

If that happened in Foxborough, Dan Hausle would be live-shotting in front of port-a-potties in a different sweater vest every night for a month while preparing to ask BB the “tough questions that he doesn’t want to answer.”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar