Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/16-12/22/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    GusChiggins
    Participant

I didn’t watch any games on Sunday so I’m just getting caught up and can’t believe the league intervened on the coin flip in Dallas. Prescott said “we’ll play defense and kick that way,” he only said ‘defer’ until afterward. No way they intervene if that game isn’t the prime Fox game or if the Patriots are involved. The first thing he said was ‘kick.’ Anyone who knows anything about football knows what your choices are and what they mean. And leave it up to the league to interject ‘well what he really meant to say was’ simply shows how shitty that league is.

Again, people always wonder why the Patriots win. It’s not because they ‘cheat’ it’s because they pay attention to the details better than any other team.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Why would anyone other than a special teams player be out there to say what you’re going to do?

jforb
    Participant

Frankly it should be a line on the roster card or whatever the coach fills out before the game.

Coma
    Participant

This statement from the NFLPA about the Jaguars fining Dante Fowler $700k is great. I like how they mention that 25% off all player grievances over the last 2 years involve Jacksonville and tell players to keep this in mind when considering signing there. I’m sure we’ll keep hearing how Coughlin is classy, honorable and classy, though.

Lebron
    Participant

Saw that on the Jags.  Another exemplary organization from that fine league.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Frankly it should be a line on the roster card or whatever the coach fills out before the game.

“The Cowboys have elected to award Best Picture to ‘La La Land’!”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

ESPN’s coverage of Lebron James Jr. seems forced, weird and a paid for by his dad marketing ploy.

Participant

ESPN’s coverage of Lebron James Jr. seems forced, weird and a paid for by his dad marketing ploy.

Nearly vomited the other night when after the Brees record setting td, “Tess” went with, “Number 540 in the 504” like Zolak, they ruin everything.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m morbidly fascinated by leBron’s plan to play w/JR.  Assuming that HS seniors are eligible for the draft by then, LeBron, as a 38 year old or so free agent on close to his last legs is going to…pressure the team he wants to sign with to draft Jr? Just sign with whoever drafts him? I’d love if the Celts draft him (assuming he can play) and then inform LeBron “ooh, sorry, but our cap space…”

Lebron
    Participant

Their NBA coverage is horrid.  That College Football Gameday bullshit is garbage.  They used to do college football decently, even basketball minus Vitale.  It’s tough to just watch the games on that channel anymore.

Participant

Is it to soon for me to loathe all things Gerrit Cole related?

Lebron
    Participant

If he always wanted to play with the Yankees why did he not sign with them when he got drafted by them originally?  They offered him more money at his spot than guys drafted ahead of him.

While I understand the money he’s getting and what you end up doing for that, I still get a laugh when guys who sport scruff and shaggy hair show up to the Yankees all clean pressed.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Saw that on the Jags. Another exemplary organization from that fine league.

Coughlin canned.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I wonder if Coughlin sent Isotoner gloves every Christmas to Tyree and Manningham.  It was least he could do. Those two catches made Coughlin an extra $40 million or so.  Hell, send some to Favre, too. Without their 2007 Soupey, in fact, TC’s career would have been over about ten years ago.

Participant

I wonder if Coughlin sent Isotoner gloves every Christmas to Tyree and Manningham. It was least he could do. Those two catches made Coughlin an extra $40 million or so. Hell, send some to Favre, too. Without their 2007 Soupey, in fact, TC’s career would have been over about ten years ago.

A soft landing with the league could be his best opportunity as his Jaguars failures have become a referendum on whether his strict style still works with today’s player.”

Player Safety is job 1 for Roger, so lets give a soft landing spot to a guy who could care less – peak NFL/NY media.

NASCL
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

WordPress blows.

On Lebron Jr, dad will go full Archie Manning along with Klutch directing where his kid goes, either forcing a team to trade for him or making it difficult for an organization like Minnesota or Memphis to sign him.

Participant

Pictured from Left to Right:

Zookeeper known as plain black hat, used his beard to hide his neck fat, needs to have the awaken 180 chat, pd who keeps the station all white, one eye lists to the right, likes a leg napkin on chilly nights, scally looks very tight  & not really very bright.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Nick B
    Participant

looks like a nambla convention

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Truly the season of giving – I’ve delivered more Thanks on posts in the last 30 seconds than the past 30 days.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N

4 users thanked author for this post.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

Or you know since Coughlin is 73, he could just go away. I certainly won’t miss him. Have to believe the only ones that will are sportswriters who he talked to regularly.

Suzy
    Participant

:lol: :lol:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

For some reason, WordPress won’t let me quote Suzy’s post …

What I wrote (admittedly, nothing earth-shattering):

Apropos of nothing, but …

It’s A Wonderful Life is not exactly my favorite Christmas movie. But the IAWL Game/Movie-Thread is my favorite BSMW holiday tradition.  Is it tomorrow night? I’ll be at a carol-singing party  :rollseyes:  but I’ll look forward to reading the thread.   :smile:

Apropos of even more nothing, but …

I haven’t been able to find Celebration Ale yet this season.  Is this a sign of the coming apocalypse?    :blink:

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar