Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/16-12/22/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

• This topic has 77 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by jforb.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Coma
    Participant

Going back to the Coughlin firing (since I can’t quote the post), Florio had an article yesterday that the Jaguars should have waited and let him resign at the end of the season. If there was a player in a similar situation and Coughlin was the GM, there’s no way he would let the player walk away on his own terms. Somehow, Florio thinks it wrong when Coughlin gets treated the way he treats others.

Coma
    Participant

I was thinking about the Kraft Sports producer’s offer to delete the sideline footage and how this is being treated as a smoking gun. First, there’s a big distinction between offering to delete it versus trying to delete it, which is how it is being spun among Patriots haters. Secondly, if you’ve done something wrong unwittingly, isn’t apologizing and offering to undo whatever you did completely normal behavior? If someone accidentally trespasses or parks in a reserved spot, the reaction you’d expect would be “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I’ll move.”

When I was on my honeymoon, we toured an opera house where they banned any filming or photography inside. There wasn’t even a performance going on. You weren’t allowed take pictures of the empty auditorium. If I happened to take some pictures and security noticed, I would have been very surprised if my offer to delete them was met with “The damage is done, my friend. We’re going to have to arrest you.” I’m sure all the media and fans who think the Kraft Sports guys behavior was suspicious would be very surprised, as well.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Guessing the first thing they did at the Jags facility today is show up on time rather than Coughlin time

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

And exactly on the offer to delete I don’t see how that’s being handled as a gotcha! smoking gun

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of old grouchy execs I can’t believe the Gettelman hiring has been such a disaster with the Giants.  Maybe they can hire Charlie Casserly or Bobby Beathard next to really inject some vitality into the franchise.

jforb
    Participant

Guessing the first thing they did at the Jags facility today is show up on time rather than Coughlin time

Not sure about actually showing up but I saw multiple headlines that they fixed the clocks immediately.

jforb
    Participant

What an ass

Remember when AFC East QBs outside of New England could actually throw?
    https://twitter.com/GregABedard/status/1207882893550325761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

chicowalker
    Participant

CS If you pass through Providence plenty of Celebration here:

https://www.nikkisliquors.com/

It was on sale (not sure if it still is) for $14 a 12 pack, so a considerable amount of their stock is in my basement :smile:

And exactly on the offer to delete I don’t see how that’s being handled as a gotcha! smoking gun

And the hardo “damage is done, my friend” guy is being treated like a goddamn national hero. It’s so stupid.

The punishment delay is one of two plays: wait while the leaked tape drums up enough public outrage for them to drop the hammer; or the same delay waiting for public outrage, but then giving a light punishment, but still having the end effect of having the Pats tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. Win-win for the front office.

Coma
    Participant

Bob Ryan praising/defending Ben Volin and shitting on the Patriots? If I still had any respect for Bob, it’s definitely gone now. I have no doubt that Volin kisses Ryan’s ass, at least to his face, but to characterize him as “damn good and honest at what he does?” :wall:

Volin screws up so regularly, I’ve lost track of his mistakes (and maybe that’s by design.) The highlights that come to mind are him accusing Darius Fleming of lying, recommending cutting Brandin Cooks* and alleging a Bob Kraft/AEI connection. I’m sure there are a lot more.

*According to Entitled Town, he still believes he’s right about this.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Fucking Rex

Coma
    Participant

Maybe Josh Allen should knock himself out of the game to get the Bills offense in gear.

Doncabesa
    Participant

ITT, go fuck yourself.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Doncabesa.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Doncabesa.
    Coma
    Participant

I guess changing up eligible receivers is fun and cool now. It wasn’t too long ago that it was the lowest form of cheating in the history of sports.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’ve reached my Dean Blandino quota (and more) for the day.

Humphrey
    Participant

No one can day they lucked out in this game…. but the Shanks and Felgers of the world will still try

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If Dave Portnoy does indeed think that he’d take Josh Allen over Lamar Jackson, then “racist” is the most flattering possible interpretation of him.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Is it me but Brady looked very good tonight and every week so I don’t understand his demise. Guess that’s a better takz than he has no one to throw too.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Best overall performance of the season given the strength of opponent.

Submitted for punchlines:

Participant

To bad it wasn’t 4 dogs, 2-2.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wouldn’t be a shame for Cleveland to pull this off and make next week’s dark place game meaningful.

Humphrey
    Participant

I gotta think this is the last egg the Pokes lay under Jason Garrett

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

God, the league is going to find some email like “Hey, Tom. Can I have your autograph?” from that videographer and that will be the basis for a severe punishment.

Coma
    Participant

Best overall performance of the season given the strength of opponent.

I haven’t looked at the headlines, but I think a good basis for a story would be: Trailing in the 4th quarter, the suspect Patriots offense puts up 11 points against a top 3 Bills defense to secure another AFC East title. That’s a great sign for the team that they ran and passed effectively against a quality defense and scored when they needed to.

I had felt bad that Tra’Davious White received a cheap shot from Gronk a couple years ago. Obviously, Gronk is responsible for losing his cool, but a big chunk of blame has to go to the officials for not calling either of the two clear penalties by White on that play. They throw a flag, then there’s no hit after the play. With all that said, watching White go after Harry on running plays made me glad that Gronk hit him.

Lastly, and unrelated to the yesterday’s game, what was Volin’s fascination with ranking the now 8-7 Titans ahead of the Patriots? “He’s a trolling idiot” is probably the best answer, that was a stretch, even for him.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar