Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/18/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 133 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  chicowalker 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass.  of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Kevin
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass. of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Actually heard K&C mention it. Then Kirk admitted that he couldn’t wait to get back to Globe/racism stuff.

GusChiggins
    Participant

One thing about the offensive players for the Steelers getting hurt: those players have touched the ball so much it eventually catches up to you. This is Brown’s fifth year in a row of 100 catches, Bell has close to 200 more touches than any other running back, Ben would keep plays alive and take big hit after big hit. There’s a breaking point and it often comes in the biggest games. If the Steeelers make it to the AFC championship game I wouldn’t be surprised if Bell pulls up hurt again.

So no I’m not feeling sad for the Steelers. Manage players usage better.

Coma
    Participant

A nice cap to Sunday’s games was the Raiders losing because Carr lost the ball as he was diving for the pylon and it rolled out the corner of the end zone. Another rule that “never gets called” and “only gets called to help the Patriots.”

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’m not saying Edelman is as good as Brown, but for some strange reason I’m not hearing a lot about how the Pats are without their 90+ catch star receiver.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I would like to place a marker Dale will go the passive-aggressive ‘Jeepers, I don’t even know what a catch is anymore!’ route.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

I’m not saying Edelman is as good as Brown, but for some strange reason I’m not hearing a lot about how the Pats are without their 90+ catch star receiver.

Could Aaron Schatz be a bigger cunt? Players get injured, and rules sometimes intrude on the game. Grow up. It goes against them too.

Humphrey
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass. of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Ironically that was the big faux pas on the long run just before that…if the guy cut up the field to the inside and not the sideline it would have been somewhat forgivable.

Somewhere else in the Patriots locker room, a player was singing the Styx song “Renegade” a late-game staple at Heinz used to fire up the defense.

:lol: :lol: Of course that’s a Heinz Field staple. Why wouldn’t it be? BSMW song parody opportunity.

Humphrey
    Participant

Don’t forget the two point conversion too, which was ridiculously easy (Hey, how many times did they let Gronk have his way on that final drive?)…if not made Steelers win on yet another fg at the buzzer.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Could Aaron Schatz be a bigger cunt? Players get injured, and rules sometimes intrude on the game. Grow up. It goes against them too.

He tries way too hard to make it seem like he is “objective” , whatever the fuck that means.

Good grief, the Steelers “baptism” thing in MMQB is like an entire 53 man roster of Randall Gay’s. Practice squad too.

Claude45
    Participant

Maybe if you didn’t have 90% of the offense go through Brown and Bell they could stay healthy. But what do I know.

Claude45
    Participant

Maybe if you didn’t have to fight tooth and nail with every Browns, Colts and Bengals that come along, you could have these guys catch a break every now and then. But what do I know.

InThisTown
    Participant

Seriously look at this fucking guy.

Chief
    Participant

Or their best defensive player….

Claude45
    Participant

I can’t even describe how much I’m going to miss this version of the Pats. Just an amazing combination of skill, intelligence and preparation for 20 years. The hate and frustration flows endlessly from the rest of league. They get buried and rise from the dead. They play all 60 minutes and have been on both sides of incredible finishes, wins and losses. They are not only usually the best team but they usually just so mentally tough. Every fan whining for the Pats to just “go away” feeds my soul.

I’ve said it before so many times but I feel sorry for any fan who can’t enjoy this run. Focusing on the “could’ve beens” and missing what is right in front of your face. SAD! When they win another ring it will be a glorious pit of misery for the rest of league/fans and I can’t wait.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Claude45.

Claude45
    Participant

Seriously look at this fucking guy.

He looks like one of the big fans whose “disappointed” with how they do things down there. Screw him.

Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS.

“There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz.

:lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS. “There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz. 😆

Between that and Joe Buck having a eulogy for the Packers season now that they have 7 losses, it’s been a tough week for the dipshit announcers. Too many binkies going down in flames.

jforb
    Participant

Collinsworth praising Joe Morgan’s announcing skills was up there too.

And I was screaming at the tv that it moved as he hit the ground before they even announced it was under review, not sure how the broadcast team missed it.

Kevin
    Participant

As soon as Romo saw that other angle with the ball on the ground, I thought he was all in on no catch. Those comments seemed to be about someone touching him while his knee was in the ground.

chicowalker
    Participant

Nick B
    Participant

Humphrey
    Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS. “There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz. 😆

They just gave it the first look, which looked like a catch, then immediately assumed the issue was that James was or wasn’t touched before he went into the end zone. …they kept saying that as us folks at home could see the ball being bobbled. :smile:    It took Romo nearly a minute before he figured out what was going on.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

NASCL
    Participant

So Joe Gill, WAYNE’S FATHA and Still Mill walk into a bar………….

Coma
    Participant

Yinzer Joe Gill has CRACKED the CASE http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/0cdd7e78-b96a-4fed-87e4-0bda46bedb01

Speaking of Gill and the Steelers, Pittsburgh fan and deranged Brady hater Scott Kacsmar tweeted “FML” last evening.

Coma
    Participant

They just gave it the first look, which looked like a catch, then immediately assumed the issue was that James was or wasn’t touched before he went into the end zone. …they kept saying that as us folks at home could see the ball being bobbled. 🙂 It took Romo nearly a minute before he figured out what was going on.

I heard a good point on the post game show about the length of the review and what Tomlin was doing during that time. The way the Steelers handled the two plays after the TD was overturned, it was like they never considered what they do if the review didn’t go their way. They ran a short pass where the receiver was tackled in bounds, then the fake spike play where only one receiver ran a pattern. With some preparation, they could have taken two shots at the end zone, then attempted a FG. I’m sure Tomlin had more important things on his mind, though.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Yinzer Joe Gill has CRACKED the CASE http://www.stillers.com/Article/View/0cdd7e78-b96a-4fed-87e4-0bda46bedb01

Speaking of Gill and the Steelers, Pittsburgh fan and deranged Brady hater Scott Kacsmar tweeted “FML” last evening.

His meltdown was enjoyable. Whaddacunt.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

On the 2 point conversion, Gronk definitely considered picking up the Steelers defender &  spiking him, before deciding to merely point and laugh. Lesson learned.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

On the 2 point conversion, Gronk definitely considered picking up the Steelers defender & spiking him, before deciding to merely point and laugh. Lesson learned.

A couple of weeks ago the Pats end zone celebrations weren’t up to code and now they’ve gone to far. :lol:

Participant

Spilled milk alert.

Big Fat O
    Participant

A few weeks ago Gronk had the same thing happen on a big 3rd down and it was an incomplete pass.

Didnt hear many say it was the wrong call or crappy rule then.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Even if James caught the ball, Patriots were winning the game.  With 28 seconds on the clock that was too much time left. The Steelers would have still done something stupid.

Steelers were already getting their game of the week rings sized up.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Isn’t all this “We’ll play them again” and “They’ll meet again” shit disrespectful to the other AFC playoff teams? If i were Pitt’s divisional opponent I’d definitely go in there with that as bulletin board material.

Coma
    Participant

Isn’t all this “We’ll play them again” and “They’ll meet again” shit disrespectful to the other AFC playoff teams? If i were Pitt’s divisional opponent I’d definitely go in there with that as bulletin board material.

Yeah, we’re not going to see “THE REMATCH” because someone like Jacksonville is going to beat the Steelers in the divisional round.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Spilled milk alert.

…and he has to swear. Because of that the  tweet has no credibility….what an ugly  bitch.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Overlooked in all of all of this was The Rapist throwing his OC under the bus on the failed spike. Amazingly none of the media asked him WHY he threw it into triple coverage regardless of who made the call.

:lol: :lol:   :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

Yeah, we’re not going to see “THE REMATCH” because someone like Jacksonville is going to beat the Steelers in the divisional round.

If they can lose to Tebow, they can certainly lose to Bortles.

NASCL
    Participant

NFC playoffs will be pretty good.

The injury to Wentz leaves it wide open.  Pretty rare when you can make a decent case for 4+ teams.

Kevin
    Participant

Overlooked in all of all of this was The Rapist throwing his OC under the bus on the failed spike. Amazingly none of the media asked him WHY he threw it into triple coverage regardless of who made the call.

I guess “fade, fade!” was his attempt at trickery? :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

Also Pete Kings favorite ref using a folded up piece of paper to screw the Raiders last night has to be touched on at some point, no? Even from the close up of the camera you could see it wasn’t a first down but somehow a folded up piece of paper hitting both the ball and the stick makes it a first down?  Collinsworth said it was stupid and then of course mocked “all the scientists who will call in just like after deflate-gate…”.

Claude45
    Participant

Lock it up, the Steelers are not getting into Jacksonville Jaguars’s ass. Thereby preventing getting into the Patriots ass. Frankly, I do not see them getting into any playoff ass.

BrianInLA
    Participant

If they can lose to Tebow, they can certainly lose to Bortles.

They already lost 30-9 to them at home earlier in the year. They’ve been lucky to get by the Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Lions and Colts on last minute scores. Without Brown I don’t think they beat anyone.

Suzy
    Participant

Also Pete Kings favorite ref using a folded up piece of paper to screw the Raiders last night has to be touched on at some point, no? Even from the close up of the camera you could see it wasn’t a first down but somehow a folded up piece of paper hitting both the ball and the stick makes it a first down? Collinsworth said it was stupid and then of course mocked “all the scientists who will call in just like after deflate-gate…”.

Yes because the two are exactly the same. He’s such a disingenuous cunt.

Ironhead
    Participant

Pats/Steelers was not on in SEA, so I went to a bar to watch the game.   Wound up sitting next to a group of young guys from the South Shore, so that was fun.

As you can imagine, the place was full of Seahawk fanz.   Most left before halftime, and I may have commented about passing on watching the 2nd half like Carroll and Wilson.   One guy in particular – wearing a 12 FAN Seahawks jersey – gave us shit when the Steelers scored before halftime, and got louder and more obnoxious as the game went on.

I won’t go into excruciating detail, but the James catch/review/incompletion, clutch Butler tackle inbounds, and Rowe/Harmon INT drove him to take a swing at me and was thrown out of the place after I asked him if he had a worse day than Roethlisberger’s bathroom date.

It was a good day.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Collinsworth must be hearing all the praise for Romo because last night he was more obnoxious than usual trying to describe what was going on on the field and getting most of it wrong. Usually its just fluff from him but he was trying to sound like he was able to read what the defense was going to be and was wrong pretty much all of the time. He sucks. Badly.

jforb
    Participant

Also Pete Kings favorite ref using a folded up piece of paper to screw the Raiders last night has to be touched on at some point, no? Even from the close up of the camera you could see it wasn’t a first down but somehow a folded up piece of paper hitting both the ball and the stick makes it a first down? Collinsworth said it was stupid and then of course mocked “all the scientists who will call in just like after deflate-gate…”.

The precision mismatch in the NFL pisses me off. They measure the first down to the width of a piece of paper but set the chains by looking down the field from 25 yards to the side and then move the ball between every play. No way any of the preceding 3 spots were accurate to within a few inches so how can they make that measurement?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Pats/Steelers was not on in SEA, so I went to a bar to watch the game. Wound up sitting next to a group of young guys from the South Shore, so that was fun. As you can imagine, the place was full of Seahawk fanz. Most left before halftime, and I may have commented about passing on watching the 2nd half like Carroll and Wilson. One guy in particular – wearing a 12 FAN Seahawks jersey – gave us shit when the Steelers scored before halftime, and got louder and more obnoxious as the game went on. I won’t go into excruciating detail, but the James catch/review/incompletion, clutch Butler tackle inbounds, and Rowe/Harmon INT drove him to take a swing at me and was thrown out of the place after I asked him if he had a worse day than Roethlisberger’s bathroom date. It was a good day.

I was certainly thinking of you as Todd Gurley scored his 4th touchdown early in the 3rd quarter. The 12’s look dunn.

Lebron
    Participant

This is the same franchise in ’01 and ’04 that claimed they basically won the Super Bowl or would have if they beat the Patriots.  They think the championship is theirs every year as some kind of Calvinist pre determined outcome.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar