Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/18/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 133 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  chicowalker 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass.  of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Kevin
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass. of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Actually heard K&C mention it. Then Kirk admitted that he couldn’t wait to get back to Globe/racism stuff.

GusChiggins
    Participant

One thing about the offensive players for the Steelers getting hurt: those players have touched the ball so much it eventually catches up to you. This is Brown’s fifth year in a row of 100 catches, Bell has close to 200 more touches than any other running back, Ben would keep plays alive and take big hit after big hit. There’s a breaking point and it often comes in the biggest games. If the Steeelers make it to the AFC championship game I wouldn’t be surprised if Bell pulls up hurt again.

So no I’m not feeling sad for the Steelers. Manage players usage better.

Coma
    Participant

A nice cap to Sunday’s games was the Raiders losing because Carr lost the ball as he was diving for the pylon and it rolled out the corner of the end zone. Another rule that “never gets called” and “only gets called to help the Patriots.”

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I’m not saying Edelman is as good as Brown, but for some strange reason I’m not hearing a lot about how the Pats are without their 90+ catch star receiver.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I would like to place a marker Dale will go the passive-aggressive ‘Jeepers, I don’t even know what a catch is anymore!’ route.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

I’m not saying Edelman is as good as Brown, but for some strange reason I’m not hearing a lot about how the Pats are without their 90+ catch star receiver.

Could Aaron Schatz be a bigger cunt? Players get injured, and rules sometimes intrude on the game. Grow up. It goes against them too.

Humphrey
    Participant

Butler with the huge tackle keeping the receiver in bounds on that second down pass. of course, this will go overlooked by the media. the talking points this week will be, “you got lucky, you didn’t deserve to will, somethings wrong in that locker room”

Ironically that was the big faux pas on the long run just before that…if the guy cut up the field to the inside and not the sideline it would have been somewhat forgivable.

Somewhere else in the Patriots locker room, a player was singing the Styx song “Renegade” a late-game staple at Heinz used to fire up the defense.

:lol: :lol: Of course that’s a Heinz Field staple. Why wouldn’t it be? BSMW song parody opportunity.

Humphrey
    Participant

Don’t forget the two point conversion too, which was ridiculously easy (Hey, how many times did they let Gronk have his way on that final drive?)…if not made Steelers win on yet another fg at the buzzer.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Could Aaron Schatz be a bigger cunt? Players get injured, and rules sometimes intrude on the game. Grow up. It goes against them too.

He tries way too hard to make it seem like he is “objective” , whatever the fuck that means.

Good grief, the Steelers “baptism” thing in MMQB is like an entire 53 man roster of Randall Gay’s. Practice squad too.

Claude45
    Participant

Maybe if you didn’t have 90% of the offense go through Brown and Bell they could stay healthy. But what do I know.

Claude45
    Participant

Maybe if you didn’t have to fight tooth and nail with every Browns, Colts and Bengals that come along, you could have these guys catch a break every now and then. But what do I know.

InThisTown
    Participant

Seriously look at this fucking guy.

Chief
    Participant

Or their best defensive player….

Claude45
    Participant

I can’t even describe how much I’m going to miss this version of the Pats. Just an amazing combination of skill, intelligence and preparation for 20 years. The hate and frustration flows endlessly from the rest of league. They get buried and rise from the dead. They play all 60 minutes and have been on both sides of incredible finishes, wins and losses. They are not only usually the best team but they usually just so mentally tough. Every fan whining for the Pats to just “go away” feeds my soul.

I’ve said it before so many times but I feel sorry for any fan who can’t enjoy this run. Focusing on the “could’ve beens” and missing what is right in front of your face. SAD! When they win another ring it will be a glorious pit of misery for the rest of league/fans and I can’t wait.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Claude45.

Claude45
    Participant

Seriously look at this fucking guy.

He looks like one of the big fans whose “disappointed” with how they do things down there. Screw him.

Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS.

“There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz.

:lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS. “There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz. 😆

Between that and Joe Buck having a eulogy for the Packers season now that they have 7 losses, it’s been a tough week for the dipshit announcers. Too many binkies going down in flames.

jforb
    Participant

Collinsworth praising Joe Morgan’s announcing skills was up there too.

And I was screaming at the tv that it moved as he hit the ground before they even announced it was under review, not sure how the broadcast team missed it.

Kevin
    Participant

As soon as Romo saw that other angle with the ball on the ground, I thought he was all in on no catch. Those comments seemed to be about someone touching him while his knee was in the ground.

chicowalker
    Participant

Nick B
    Participant

Humphrey
    Participant

“This is gonna stand,” said Tony Romo on CBS. “There is no doubt it is going to hold up,” said Jim Nantz. 😆

They just gave it the first look, which looked like a catch, then immediately assumed the issue was that James was or wasn’t touched before he went into the end zone. …they kept saying that as us folks at home could see the ball being bobbled. :smile:    It took Romo nearly a minute before he figured out what was going on.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Humphrey.

NASCL
    Participant

So Joe Gill, WAYNE’S FATHA and Still Mill walk into a bar………….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar