Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/2-12/3/2017 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 55 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Chief
    Participant

Waiting for the cavalcade of “big fans” to call for Gronk to be suspended.

Romo said it so that’s all it took to throw the hand wringers into a frenzy. While the league office is unpredictable this goes on in every game . Between this and Brady yelling at Josh the phones should be filled up all day long.

I was a little distracted during the Brady thing. Was it because McDaniels was saying someone (Dorsett, I think) was wide open?

IIRC, as they went to commercial, you could read Josh’s lips, “He was wide open.”

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Waiting for the cavalcade of “big fans” to call for Gronk to be suspended.

You mean Red Sox fans.

Don’t be distracted by a vocal, attention seeking minority. Many fans are committed to both. Me, for one.

Coma
    Participant

Listening to Michaels and Collinsworth butcher that lateral by Russell Wilson was maddening. The ball went backwards, trying to play the “He released it at this yard marker and the other guy caught it at this yard marker” game is a waste of time and makes no sense. All it does is give ammo to mouth breathing Eagles fans who will claim their team was cheated.

Humphrey
    Participant

Listening to Michaels and Collinsworth butcher that lateral by Russell Wilson was maddening. The ball went backwards, trying to play the “He released it at this yard marker and the other guy caught it at this yard marker” game is a waste of time and makes no sense. All it does is give ammo to mouth breathing Eagles fans who will claim their team was cheated.

Every time they showed that play the friggin ball was going backwards.   Not difficult to see.   Couldn’t understand what the hell they were talking about.    The Iggles stepped all over themselves in this one.

Steeler fans did the same shit with Brown’s lateral to Antwan Harris in the 2002 AFCC. I’m trying to find in the rules if a lateral is ruled relative to the field or relative to the position of the player who laterals. I’m certain we went over this before, but I can’t currently find it online.

Here’s another waste of time:

Currently, there are only 12 teams in the league with winning records. If you went through each division leading team, you’d probably find something similar to the Eagles. The Pats have “only” beaten two teams with winning records, for example (which I’m sure somebody in the Boston media will inevitably cite). The logic ignores how many of those teams might have winning records minus the game they lost to the team in question; much like Kacsmar’s insane Brady crusade (which is essentially “he’s not elite because he wins too much”), they’re just trying to find ways to say a win’s not really a win.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar