Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/2-12/8/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Pats have some work (and recuperating) to do.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Harry’s got a long way to go- probably his fault for that early int that changed the game around.

I thought the other turning point was the 4th down play in the second half. First of all, seemed like BB should have challenged the spot, the replay was clearer than usual and looked like the ball was spotted a foot short, which was all that was needed.
    Second of all, as the guys pointed out on TV, the fourth down incompletion was probably PI; but only by a razor thin margin and probably wouldn’t have gotten overturned. What pissed me off is they didn’t think they could get a foot running it.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Pats have some work (and recuperating) to do.

9 or so players get their own plane to/from houston. Just a bad week for a virus/bug :wall:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

History suggests they’ll be in the AFCC at least.

But if this is actually the year that Brady actually falls of that fabled cliff? We finish as the 5th seed and go out early? Oh well. It’s been real.

But I wouldn’t bet against them. They’re only now getting all their personnel together.

jforb
    Participant

Goat of the Week
    Some of you wanted me to put “New Orleans special teams” here, after the Falcons recovered three onside kicks (two counted, one negated by penalty) against the Saints on Thursday night, and I’m sure special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi deserves some blame. But look at the first two: minimal effort by Alvin Kamara, who whiffed on both recoveries. Players gotta make plays.

So give the ‘award’ to Kamara then.

Good job starbucks letting a 3 year old touch the food and then put it back.

Big Fat O
    Participant

History suggests they’ll be in the AFCC at least.

But if this is actually the year that Brady actually falls of that fabled cliff? We finish as the 5th seed and go out early? Oh well. It’s been real.

But I wouldn’t bet against them. They’re only now getting all their personnel together.

I would say it’s more that Brady has no one to throw other than Edelman and White. Double cover them and he has to rely on the rookies.

Participant

JJ returns my calls, doesn’t that count for somehting?

“I think J.J. Watt was this week’s missing piece on the NFL’s top 100 players show. I believe Watt, a three-time Defensive Player of the Year and five-time first-team all-pro, is more deserving than ex-Buc Lee Roy Selmon, a great defensive end who was voted Defensive Player of the Year once and first-team all-pro three times.”

Lebron
    Participant

Of course when one of the players talked about Selmon, I think it was Ray Lewis, Bill nodded vigorously in agreement about his greatness.  There are going to be guys ‘missing’ from these lists.  Bill himself said it was painstakingly difficult to whittle the list down to 100.  Maybe they look at Watt and think he still has a lot of football left to play so maybe lets pump the brakes on adding him now.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Jesus Christ, no wonder Bill hates this fucking guy.  Talking about when Hornung got suspended in the ’60s for gambling

At the time, the Packers were the best team in football, and Vince Lombardi the meteoric star head coach. Later in life, Rozelle said he phoned Lombardi in spring 1962 and asked him to come to New York for a meeting. When Rozelle presented all the evidence he had, Lombardi said to him, “You have no choice, do you?”

“I don’t think so, Vinny,” Rozelle said. “Let’s go get a drink.”

Somehow, it’s hard to imagine Roger Goodell saying to the New England coach: “Billy, let’s go get a drink.”

No doubt he climaxed thinking about Lombardi bowing to a commissioner and saying that the poor guy has no choice.  Didn’t want to send him to the gas chamber, felt he owed it to him.  And what the fuck is the purpose of bringing Belichick into the story?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

Oh, thank God, James Taylor is going to play a concert at Fenway this summer.  I am so glad Channel 5 just handled this as serious news story.

Coma
    Participant

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, when the Patriots have a two score lead and the opposing team scores a late TD, the game falls into the “Almost/should have lost” category and there are many concerns about the margin of victory being close. On the other hand, when the Patriots are trailing and score late to pull within on score, it’s strictly a product of garbage time and the other team not trying. There are no positives to be found in New England’s late rally.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

NESN is a train wreck

3 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Anyone want to send in a letter asking how to avoid inviting the violent son-in-law and his father with the obnoxious hacking cough? Old board would have had a lot of fun with that segment.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I would guess Jerry’s answer to everything is ‘smoke a pack of Pall Malls’

jforb
    Participant

52 days for the last 100 subscribers. That’s like 10-15 days longer than any previous 100 and includes 40 idiots from his holiday sale yesterday, so actual rate is far worse.

Nick B
    Participant

Riverboat Ron sent packing

Lebron
    Participant

Perry Fewell the interim, was the interim in Buffalo 10 years ago.

Lefty

Riverboat Ron leaving is a blow for media access everywhere.     Good.

Coma
    Participant

Perry Fewell the interim, was the interim in Buffalo 10 years ago.

Quite a streak  :pk:

6 users thanked author for this post.
    stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I would guess Jerry’s answer to everything is ‘smoke a pack of Pall Malls’

The old board would’ve had a field day with an Ask Jerry live chat.

Participant

He’s the best

Ex-Celtic Kevin Garnett: Kyrie Irving didn’t have the ‘cojones’ for Boston

Coma
    Participant

Goat of the Week

Some of you wanted me to put “New Orleans special teams” here, after the Falcons recovered three onside kicks (two counted, one negated by penalty) against the Saints on Thursday night, and I’m sure special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi deserves some blame. But look at the first two: minimal effort by Alvin Kamara, who whiffed on both recoveries. Players gotta make plays.

So give the ‘award’ to Kamara then.

Good job starbucks letting a 3 year old touch the food and then put it back.

That story showed PK to be a dud as grandfather as well. When they went into Starbucks, his grandson wanted a Christmas cookie in addition to the croissant he got. King said no, which was fine at the time. When they leave, the kid still wants the cookie and King says no again. King didn’t offer any details, but if the kid behaved himself while he was there and listened to his stupid stories about the Apple Cup, buy him the cookie. I know it’s a cliche to spoil your grandkids, but if there isn’t a health reason stopping you, get them the snack. Otherwise, all PK’s grandson is going to remember is that he watched his grandfather read newspapers and told him about a college football rivalry game.

On the other hand, the kid could be a toddler version of PK at the daycare – “Get your lincoln log house in order, men of training pants.”

5 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Ooh a Buckley profile of Zolak, let me cancel my subscription.

Nick B
    Participant

Ooh a Buckley profile of Zolak, let me cancel my subscription.

Gee, a profile of a guy that’s been in this area for 20 plus years.  Sign me up.

What could he possibly tell us that we haven’t heard.

Lebron
    Participant

The kid already had a croissant, like a cookie is throwing him off his training regimen?  Meanwhile Pete is banging back a triple pumpkin spice latte, extra sugar and fat.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Lebron.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar