Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 12/20/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Traffic is getting lighter.

Apparently Callahan is done for the year — leaving us with Mut, Reimer and Tomase.

Last single-day thread of the year?

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Bye bye Josh Gordon.

#Patriots WR Josh Gordon is facing another indefinite suspension for violating terms of his reinstatement under the substance abuse policy, per source. He announced today he’s stepping away to address his mental health.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Not shocking really, but these next few weeks are going to be interesting. Should begin hearing lots of weaponz talk.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Surprised the league didn’t wait until the playoffs to do this. At least the Pats will have a couple of weeks to adjust.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Globe was in a hurry to get the news out:

Patritos receiver Josh Gordon stepping away from football to focus on mental health”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Screw it. I’d like to see Cordell Patterson get more reps anyway. He will probably end up exploding like a lego figurine but it will be fun to watch.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Sure Ian, this really had something to do with it. Gordon was on the field for the vast majority of the plays, but only on the last one did the impending suspension affect the personnel mix?

What a dolt.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Ian is the same guy that reported he was going to be sitting the first series or first quarter or whatever in Buffalo.

Humphrey
    Participant

Sure Ian, this really had something to do with it. Gordon was on the field for the vast majority of the plays, but only on the last one did the impending suspension affect the personnel mix?

What a dolt.

When the likes of Albert Breer immediately point out that Gordon was out there for 57 plays that confirms your dolt designation.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

What a dolt.

When the likes of Albert Breer immediately point out that Gordon was out there for 57 plays that confirms your dolt designation.

Yeah, Ian got called out immediately with this point by many many people. He seems to have bad sources where Gordon is concerned.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I like nacho-cheese Patritos with a little guac and sour scream.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I like nacho-cheese Patritos with a little guac and sour scream.

:lol: :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Coma
    Participant

What a dolt.

That’s such a nonsensical idea, that it’s guaranteed to be accepted as truth. To believe Rapoport’s theory, the Patriots had to have figured something out during the game. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have played 57 of 62 offensive snaps. And what would have been the negative ramifications have been if Gordon was on the field for the last 4th down play? If the play unfolded the same way, would the media now be saying Brady intentionally didn’t target Gordon? If he caught the tying TD pass and the Patriots won in OT, would the league have wiped out the play and changed the result? Or would the new CONCERN be that the Patriots would be missing such a clutch performer?

chicowalker
    Participant

Anyone torturing themselves with Clipboard and The Blocked Artery? Did noted paragon of restraint and long-term health Bertrand slag Gordon somehow?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Anyone torturing themselves with Clipboard and The Blocked Artery? Did noted paragon of restraint and long-term health Bertrand slag Gordon somehow?

https://twitter.com/WAD1980/status/1075778413732843520

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why the fuck to people listen to Bertrand and his ilk. I don’t get it. In a just world their ratings would be 0.0

6 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Chris Gaspar is moving up in life, apparently.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Gasparilla sounds like something Nasty Canasta would drink.

Participant

One of Boy Jonathan’s first hires when remodeling the pre/post game show.

Stay healthy Robert.

https://twitter.com/WAD1980/status/1075778413732843520

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t get saying “I’m rooting against Belichick” in the context of Gordon.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

A ‘Bill the GM is killing Bill the coach’ hot take?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m not routing against nougat.  I’m rooting against exercise

Coma
    Participant

Bruce responded to this tweet from one-half of the Anonymous Source Brothers a few days ago:

Kuechly’s “I know exactly what they’re doing” was one of the better in-game mic’d up moments. I’d also love to watch Twitter if a Patriot had said it.

If someone like Curran or Michael Hurley, I’d read it as them taking a shot at the double standard and overreaction if someone on the Patriots said they knew what to expect from an opponent. Considering that Wickersham has contributed to the “It’s only cheating if the Patriots do it” mindset, I have to believe that he was saying “love” without any irony, that he’d actually enjoy watching people flip out on line because it means he did his job well.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Coma.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Today’s listening pleasure you had the choice of Futility Lou, Marc “Minihane” James and the Sports Dick and down the dial you get Little Jim Panic and Piss in the Cheerios Madame Jones.

Ozzys Boneyard sounded quite good.

Lebron
    Participant

Another development in the Broncos ownership fight, Bowlen’s current wife came out today and filed something in court that the trust is doing what it was intended to do, even though she’s not a trustee or part of the inheritance.  Also, she’s got Alzheimer’s, although I guess it’s not full blown.  What a mess.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar